The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
wanted to see You Were Never There, still do.

Watched: 6/31
#4 Voices
#11 Chocolat

Sweet!

You Were Never Really Here is a great movie, but it wasn't released in the states until after the original countdown voting deadline. Thankfully I was able to resubmit my list after the deadline was extended and I'd been able to see it. It's a very haunting film with some very surprising scenes. Highly recommended. I had it at #3.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
You Were Never Really Here is quite a recent film to make a countdown. Wasn't able to see that before the deadline but adding it to my watchlist. Just saw Mark Kermode's top 10 best films of the year so far last night and he has it on his list too.

Welcome to the human race...
You Were Never Really Here is quite a recent film to make a countdown. Wasn't able to see that before the deadline but adding it to my watchlist. Just saw Mark Kermode's top 10 best films of the year so far last night and he has it on his list too.
I think it might be the most recent film to crack the list and that is almost certainly because of the various delays allowing more people to see it and potentially vote for it (myself included), which I honestly think means that it was worth the wait.

#70.
The Slumber Party Massacre

(dir. Amy Holden Jones, 1982)

THAT actually made the countdown at #70???

Yes, I'm sure that was my #2 (I don't have my actual list now).

Between this and Private Parts making the list, THIS IS ACTUALLY ONE OF THE BEST COUNTDOWN LISTS EVER!

WOMEN POWER!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Slumber Party Massacre, putting the ass in massacre. I actually really enjoyed this for what it was, and had it not slipped my mind I probably would have included it as my #25. Much love for Brinke Stevens too. This was her first major role I think, in fact I'm certain she was offered the lead but couldn't commit for that long!

A New Leaf was my #6 and Le Bonheur was my #8. Can't be bothered finding what i posted about them and no one cares anyway, great films though.

06. A New Leaf
08. Le Bonheur
15. Night Moves
19. Pariah
25. Je, Tu, Il, Elle

No one cares anyway? Dang, the Mark attitude is growing.
What's the Mark attitude? They are just really long posts and i doubt most will care to read them, plus the important part was i can't be bothered.

Bonheur made my list. Probably the best thing to come out of this was Camo getting me to watch some Varda. She's a great director.

I watched Le Bonheur back for the 60's countdown. I liked it but not enough to vote for it.

I didn't know about the other until now. It looks interesting.