Westworld, Season 2 (no outside theories!)

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Oh I've stopped ALL previews of next week's show since the BSG reboot. Especially HBO shows ugh. Too many hints.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Yeah, I watch ZERO previews. So Shogun World was a nice atmospheric surprise since I didn't see the preview on how it looked.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm going to have to watch this episode a few times to keep things straight. I missed some of the finer points (thanks for clarifying some, TUS)...because I was too busy trying to manage the timelines in my head. Bernard is just timeline-hopping so much in this season that I can never trust myself to know "when" he is.

And I really wish last week's preview for this episode hadn't included that reveal of them unzipping all the bags of Bernards. That shock-moment completely lost its appeal because they'd shown it to me last week. I might have to start turning off the show before they play the previews for the next episode.

Also, don't any of the hosts around the MIB have real bullets? The man seems invincible.
I'm completely with you on the Bernard timeline(s). I simply cannot keep up. And I'm so involved trying to figure out what happened on the episode that I won't stop the recording I'm watching and invariably I get a spoiler in the previews, like the bags you mentioned, Austruck.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I remember complaints about this during AHS. I'm not sure why networks feel the need to do this. It really alienates an audience

This might just do nobody any good.
I remember that back in season one I thought that William = Man in Black would be too easy and stupid a twist and was trying to use the “next week” previews as a way of confirming that is was a false flag.

Oops.

First episode I was fully onboard with this season. Great showcase for McClarnon.

The Adventure Starts Here!
First episode I was fully onboard with this season. Great showcase for McClarnon.
This was a good episode. I felt like I learned a lot and yet they were telling a compelling story at the same time. It helped make sense about a lot of little things that we've seen in past episodes/seasons.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Felt it was a much better episode aswell, here is this guy, here is his story in a much more linear non brain tiring fashion.

Next week: back to Bernard and trying to figure out where he is, wtf he is doing and more importantly when this is taking place.

Promo suggests we’re getting a William/Grace episode next week, answering questions about his failings as a father and more world building outside the park. I’m down if it’s as focused and poignant as this last one. The show’s been wasting Ed Harris so far.

Promo suggests we’re getting a William/Grace episode next week, answering questions about his failings as a father and more world building outside the park. I’m down if it’s as focused and poignant as this last one. The show’s been wasting Ed Harris so far.
That sounds good, I haven't watched promo yet, and was just assuming we'd be back to Bernard's frustrating time hopping adventure.

I totally agree they are wasting Harris. Probably why I've gone off it a bit. Not sure I can build up enough passion for season 3. Mr Dani is still enjoying it so we shall see.

I totally agree they are wasting Harris. Probably why I've gone off it a bit. Not sure I can build up enough passion for season 3. Mr Dani is still enjoying it so we shall see.
I've been lukewarm to WW right through. Feels like a show trying so hard to be great, full of fantastic acting talent but it has been little better than slightly above average for me so far.

I've been lukewarm to WW right through. Feels like a show trying so hard to be great, full of fantastic acting talent but it has been little better than slightly above average for me so far.
I so don't want to say it but I'm bored. I can't even muster enough energy for a rewatch yet.

And Gandalf, you saw it here first... I don't mind spoilers. 🐼🐾

A system of cells interlinked
This latest episode was stellar. One of the better hours of TV I have seen in a while. They took a character that had just sort of popped up in the background from time to to and turned him into one of my favorites by episode's end.

Also - the score continues to be completely awesome.

Someone pointed that Hopkins was the real heart of season one it got me thinking how no one else had found the right balance between the b-movie sci-fi trappings and prestige tv tone the show wants. Like Lecter, Hopkins shines right there in the middle, really selling each silly line about “host consciousness” and “The Maze™“.

Also - the score continues to be completely awesome.
I guess that’s the one thing we’re in agreement with. Ramin Djawadi’s work is the irrefutable highlight and he’s found a way of making piano covers of famous songs cool like no YouTuber ever has.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I avoid clips at the end of an EP showing what's to come. Even trying to avoid potential spoilers or even heavy-handed clues as to themes or events to come based on how the preview is structured, I've noticed that in the last two EPs they are adding clips that are not from previous shows. Instead, one or two may be from the show the clips are preceding; and I do believe I've seen at least one clip that may be from a future episode. That's starting to bug me now because I want to be completely blind stepping into each EP!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Adventure Starts Here!
Season 2, Episode 9, "Vanishing Point."

Another really great, solid episode. We learned a lot of specific plot-related things, and we also learned a lot more about William's thinking... both then and now. Some good, solid twists too.

Looking forward to next week's season finale. I'm curious if we're going to get a definitive answer to the "William" question they hinted at tonight.

It’s what the kids call “a pun.”

(I mean, okay, I guess TMiB’s daughter’s real name is Emily. I think. I’m not sure.)