Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

They shoot Beatles, don't they? It nearly shot me. The most difficult movie I've seen, only after The Killing Fields. When she finds out that even if she wins, she still looses because he'll charge her.

The show doesn't run itself.

She sees no more hope.

Please!

- Now?
- Now.

It could be said it's a critique of capitalism, and it is.

- We're no better than cattle.
- It's better off. Someone always feeds it.
- Preparing it for slaughter.

They shoot horses to put them out of their misery. But not humans. They'll let us suffer and then they'll slaughter us.

7/10. An nice tribute to an absolute legend. Found this on Netflix. Not sure if it could have been done in a better way. In parts almost turned into a Kurosawa documentary! But a nice watch, none the less.

Julien Donkey Boy (1999)

Pretty amazing film here. Dreamy and disturbing. Ewen Bremner plays Julien (I think) a pretty messed up nutcase in a family of messed up nutcases. He (i think) is a murderer too. The Werner Herzog scenes are just plain hilarious....really its just too hard to explain as its so disjointed. I loved it and am saying 9/10 as it engaged me from start to finish and made me laugh and feel really sad.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Julien Donkey Boy (1999)

Pretty amazing film here. Dreamy and disturbing. Ewen Bremner plays Julien (I think) a pretty messed up nutcase in a family of messed up nutcases. He (i think) is a murderer too. The Werner Herzog scenes are just plain hilarious....really its just too hard to explain as its so disjointed. I loved it and am saying 9/10 as it engaged me from start to finish and made me laugh and feel really sad.

Herzog was hilarious!

"You have to be a champion"

They shoot Beatles, don't they? It nearly shot me. The most difficult movie I've seen, only after The Killing Fields. When she finds out that even if she wins, she still looses because he'll charge her.

The show doesn't run itself.

She sees no more hope.

Please!

- Now?
- Now.

It could be said it's a critique of capitalism, and it is.

- We're no better than cattle.
- It's better off. Someone always feeds it.
- Preparing it for slaughter.

They shoot horses to put them out of their misery. But not humans. They'll let us suffer and then they'll slaughter us.

Exploitation... Notice how they go in circles - lots of metaphors.. This is my 4th favorite of all-time, and every time I see it, I usually catch another thing. I guess even in a rat race, the winner is still a rat.

Herzog was hilarious!

"You have to be a champion"
"Don't scream. I don't want you to scream. Be a man and quit that moody brooding."

And, of course, his explanation of the end of "Dirty Harry" to the family and Grandmamma.

Exploitation... Notice how they go in circles - lots of metaphors.. This is my 4th favorite of all-time, and every time I see it, I usually catch another thing. I guess even in a rat race, the winner is still a rat.
I didn't even get that circles. Normally I wouldn't say it, but since no one gives a f* about my countdown , it's gonna be high. I Notice we have simmilar tastes, Network's gonna be high too. I also notice you favour social and human aspects in a movie.

"Don't scream. I don't want you to scream. Be a man and quit that moody brooding."

And, of course, his explanation of the end of "Dirty Harry" to the family and Grandmamma.

LMAO - I forgot about that!

I didn't even get that circles. Normally I wouldn't say it, but since no one gives a f* about my countdown , it's gonna be high. I Notice we have simmilar tastes, Network's gonna be high too. I also notice you favour social and human aspects in a movie.

There's a lot of things like that.. The spectators who watch how "People are the ultimate spectacle"..

And yes, I love the social/human/society studies, metaphors, especially when a conventional story can do both.. It can stand on its own as a movie, and also speak for it's time and for all times..

Have you seen "The Swimmer"? - it was made the year before, and you might like it.

In your opinion!
For Joel, Rocky II is a better film. For me Rocky III is even better than Rocky II. It's a matter of opinion and taste.
Sure you could have your own opinion and taste, similar to some people think the Earth is flat. That's fine.
Ha!

Hey. I still love Rocky. I just think the sequel is better i. Ways i identify with.

Lets face it, Rocky isnt the best film ever made lol

There's a lot of things like that.. The spectators who watch how "People are the ultimate spectacle"..

And yes, I love the social/human/society studies, metaphors, especially when a conventional story can do both.. It can stand on its own as a movie, and also speak for it's time and for all times..

Have you seen "The Swimmer"? - it was made the year before, and you might like it.
I don't think so, but it sounds familiar. i also notice your faves are the New hollywood era, late 60s and 70s, you know, what John Lennon created. But i love this quote from him:

Weren't the 70s a drag?

Yes.

One flew is shocking and impressive, deeply human, but I can't stand Jack, and it's another difficult one. The Indian flew, so it's a step further than Horses, it's like a sequel. Not all is lost after all.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
First off, MOST importantly:

WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU @Beatle!!!!

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Remember seeing a lot of hate for this one, but I loved it. It had a lot of great comedic bits and it served as a great transition film to move forward with. While my favorite is still Rogue One, I am still very much a fan of this new chapter of Star Wars.

Deadpool 2
F@CKIN FUNNY.
A great little continuation to this budding franchise.

7/10 I liked that it used minimal dialogue and had some intense moments but something about it felt too clean. Maybe its just modern filmaking that doesnt sit right with me a lot of this felt like it shouldve been more raw.

7/10 I liked that it used minimal dialogue and had some intense moments but something about it felt too clean. Maybe its just modern filmaking that doesnt sit right with me a lot of this felt like it shouldve been more raw.
I agree. I expected it to be on the same level as Nolan's other works, but this one felt like another run of the mill war movie to me.

Unregistered User
Good isn't it. That death scene!

I enjoyed 'Long Shot' quite a bit more than you.

Yeah that was a rough one alright! Even made me wince!

With Long Shot, I was probably a bit harsh. Just found it frustrating as it easily could have been a great documentary feature and not a 40min-odd short. It was obvious what was going to happen so and I think that could have been avoided.

Unregistered User

Amarcord (1973)

I'd list Fellini as one of my favourite directors. Even though I still haven't seen all his films and it always takes me a while to get to the next one, I almost always love them. Amarcord was no exception. Some of the scenes were breathtakingly stunning and the scene with Uncle Teo up the tree had me in kinks of laughter for I don't know how long.

I rate it
but it still wont make my Fellini top 5.

Sayat Nova (1969, Sergei Parajanov)

I loved the richly allusive, poetic language Parajanov uses in this film, although I admit the imagery and pantomime were almost impenetrable at times. Really a difficult film - but a brilliant one, nonetheless. I'll probably rewatch it with the commentary later.