Swan's 2018 Film Diary

→ in
Tools    

My theater had two separate showings of the animated shorts and live-action shorts.
You're cinema sounds like heaven compared to my local one, they're not even showing Phantom Thread! Anyways, I 'll definitely check out the frog one and the school shooting one if I can find them.

Don't feel like it. Watched only one so far, plus a lot of Indian flicks I got have misplaced subtitles (DAMM IT), so watching them is a pain. Will try to watch at least one this weekend, though. By the way, pot calling the kettle black, how many Indian films did you watch this month? :P
One and a half... I got a little too drunk and tired to finish the second one even though it was better than the first one. I'll finish it soonish. Hey, at least I'm not posting self-compliments. :P

The 15:17 to Paris -

(Clint Eastwood, 2018)

[NEW WATCH]

Possibly the absolute worst film I’ve ever seen. The Greatest Showman? A masterpiece. House of 1000 Corpses? An auteuristic triumph. Uwe Boll? Give that man an Oscar. This film is a bafflingly incompetent, embarrassingly gross joke of a film that gives cinema a bad name.

(Clint Eastwood, 2018)

[NEW WATCH]

Possibly the absolute worst film I’ve ever seen. The Greatest Showman? A masterpiece. House of 1000 Corpses? An auteuristic triumph. Uwe Boll? Give that man an Oscar. This film is a bafflingly incompetent, embarrassingly gross joke of a film that gives cinema a bad name.
Seriously doubt i'll see this, looks like utter garbage. Clint's highly jingoistic era of his career is such a depressing thing to watch.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hey, at least I'm not posting self-compliments. :P
Just pickin' up Swan. Stop being so jealous.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Seriously doubt i'll see this, looks like utter garbage. Clint's highly jingoistic era of his career is such a depressing thing to watch.
Think you would despise it too. It's disturbingly bad and cringe-worthy.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU

(Clint Eastwood, 2018)

[NEW WATCH]

I'm actually planning on watching this week, if anything, your review makes me very excited. I miss going to the theaters to watch a horrendous film after all the Oscar films. (Watch me end up liking it lol)

I'm actually planning on watching this week, if anything, your review makes me very excited. I miss going to the theaters to watch a horrendous film after all the Oscar films. (Watch me end up liking it lol)
I hope you have fun! I'm glad I upped your excitement.

Sorry bud, but you know I gotta take this as a recommend.
Hehe. I knew the effect this would have when I wrote it, don't worry.

Welcome to the human race...
I was sort of joking - certainly not going to rush out to see it, anyway. For some reason I do feel compelled to seek out Eastwood's directorial output even though I'm pretty sure I don't like most of the ones I've seen as of writing. Interesting to see people talk about it as if Clint's getting experimental while he's pushing 90, but I guess I'd have to watch it to find out if that's just an overly generous claim.

Interesting to see people talk about it as if Clint's getting experimental while he's pushing 90, but I guess I'd have to watch it to find out if that's just an overly generous claim.
Yeah, i just saw that someone on Letterboxd compared his work on this to Kiarostami.

Kinda want to hate watch this.

Moonlight -

(Barry Jenkins, 2016)

[REWATCH]

A beautifully done, complex and understated character piece. What impressed me most this time was just how brilliant the dynamic between Chiron and Kevin was. I feel much of it is due to the performances. You have six actors playing two complex characters with a fascinating relationship, and the consistency in personality and mannerisms between the two sets is stunningly impressive. I also loved the color palette and cinematography.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

(Clint Eastwood, 2018)

[NEW WATCH]

Just saw this. Clint Eastwood what are you doing

Just saw this. Clint Eastwood what are you doing
It's baffling dude. I feel bad for Eastwood fans. He's pretty hit or miss with me, there is stuff he's done that I have liked and stuff I haven't cared for - but I've always felt at the very least he displayed an acceptable level of competency in directing (if not more than acceptable), from what I've seen at least.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's baffling dude. I feel bad for Eastwood fans. He's pretty hit or miss with me, there is stuff he's done that I have liked and stuff I haven't cared for - but I've always felt at the very least he displayed an acceptable level of competency in directing, from what I've seen at least.
He's definitely one of if not my favorite director, but that's not to say he hasn't made some baffling decisions on films. I'll probably skip this.