which is your best horror movie u ever watched

Tools    

Some of my favorite horror movies:

The Exorcist: Didn't scare me, but it's an incredible piece of cinema in terms of story and acting.

The Shining: Was a bit more frightening but I still enjoyed it more for its visuals and buildup rather than the actual thrills.

The Silence of the Lambs: The characters are fantastic in this one, especially Hannibal Lecter. Not particularly frightening but did have some nice surprises.

The Thing: Awesome. Not even scary, just awesome.

Se7en: Terrifying in retrospect, not so much during the actual viewing. Haunting.
sorry man, but the thing and seven and the silence of the lambs are not horror movies, they are thrillers, not by any means horror films, so i suggest u to fix ur list.
horror movies are movies which fall in the genre: horror thriller, and not mystery thriller

The Shining is my favorite horror

from this decade it's definitely Sinister

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
sorry man, but the thing and seven and the silence of the lambs are not horror movies, they are thrillers, not by any means horror films, so i suggest u to fix ur list.
horror movies are movies which fall in the genre: horror thriller, and not mystery thriller
So I suggest you fix ur list lol, very assertive of you. Part of me agrees though. Maybe people have already had these discussions but seven I would agree doesnt really fit into horror although silence I feel could. Two serial killers, abduction, murders, bit of a cat and mouse chase at the end. Not many jump scares. Emphasise on story and investigation but some creepy scary stuff, scary in terms of the real world and killers. Clearly not a slasher but horror is an element but I could consider a different perspective......could you say the same for seven? everything except the final is the aftermath of the crimes...it’s different...hard to explain though...that’s definitely more thriller than horror but it’s hard to explain as they can overlap.

So I suggest you fix ur list lol, very assertive of you. Part of me agrees though. Maybe people have already had these discussions but seven I would agree doesnt really fit into horror although silence I feel could. Two serial killers, abduction, murders, bit of a cat and mouse chase at the end. Not many jump scares. Emphasise on story and investigation but some creepy scary stuff, scary in terms of the real world and killers. Clearly not a slasher but horror is an element but I could consider a different perspective......could you say the same for seven? everything except the final is the aftermath of the crimes...it’s different...hard to explain though...that’s definitely more thriller than horror but it’s hard to explain as they can overlap.
a horror movie classifies as a horro thriler, movies like the others, the conjuring, movies that has jump scares, ghosts etc... movies like insidious, or for a super scary film is the grudge, definitely one of the scariest i ve seen.

guys, how come no body mentioned The Grudge, a film that left me the whole day with discomfort.

Some of my favorite ones are:-

The Others
The exorcism of emily rose
The amityville horror
The Mirror

the conjuring

mine is exorcist.

damn its scary like hell
The shining
Japanese movie dark water
And John Carpenters the thing

I watch many horror movies but don't like anyone because what movie I saw its not really horror movie.

That is very good.

The exorcism of emily rose
I really liked that one and I did find it disturbing.

My Top 10 Horror Movies Of All Time:

01. Ringu (Japanese)
02. Psycho
03. The Exorcist
04. The Shining
05. [Rec]
06. Saw
07. Shaun of the Dead
08. The Conjuring
09. The Others
10. Get Out

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
So I suggest you fix ur list lol, very assertive of you. Part of me agrees though. Maybe people have already had these discussions but seven I would agree doesnt really fit into horror although silence I feel could. Two serial killers, abduction, murders, bit of a cat and mouse chase at the end. Not many jump scares. Emphasise on story and investigation but some creepy scary stuff, scary in terms of the real world and killers. Clearly not a slasher but horror is an element but I could consider a different perspective......could you say the same for seven? everything except the final is the aftermath of the crimes...it’s different...hard to explain though...that’s definitely more thriller than horror but it’s hard to explain as they can overlap
a horror movie classifies as a horro thriler, movies like the others, the conjuring, movies that has jump scares, ghosts etc... movies like insidious, or for a super scary film is the grudge, definitely one of the scariest i ve seen.
A movie does not have to have jumpscares or ghosts to be horror.

And anyways, the Thing has jumpscares. Silence of the Lambs has jumpscares. Se7en has one jumpscare. The jumpscares are not frequent but they're there. Many mainstream horror films often overuse jumpscares.

The other difference between these jumpscares vs. the jumpscares of other movies is that they are always integral to the plot.

These are definitely horror movies, more thriller than horror but also horror.
By definition, a horror movie is "a movie that seeks to elicit a physiological reaction, such as an elevated heartbeat, through the use of fear and shocking one’s audiences."

Every movie on my list does this. There are different kinds of horror movies, and it's not up to you to decide what is horror and what is not.

And for the record, The Silence of the Lambs is classified as "horror thriller", while The Thing is classified as "sci-fi thriller". And I believe Se7en descends into macabre enough to be classified as partially horror as well.

A movie does not have to have jumpscares or ghosts to be horror.

And anyways, the Thing has jumpscares. Silence of the Lambs has jumpscares. Se7en has one jumpscare. The jumpscares are not frequent but they're there.

And for the record, The Silence of the Lambs is classified as "horror thriller", while The Thing is classified as "sci-fi thriller". And I believe Se7en descends into macabre enough to be classified as partially horror as well.
sorry but no and no, no way , silence of the lambs is: crime drama thrillr, just like seven and kiss the girls and along came a spider and zodiac

American werewolf in London
OMG I thought that was a comedy