What's your unpopular movie opinion?

Tools    

Back to the Future is manipulative mediocrity and is about as entertaining as Teen Wolf. Aside from some time travel brain puzzle, it's kind of a piece of garbage movie.
Exactly. And the funny thing is, even as a kid I thought it was stupid. I know it's one of most popular movies of the 80s, but it should never be mentioned amongst the best movies of the 80s.

A few more uncommon opinions:

1. The Talented Mr. Ripley is one of the best movies of the 90s.

2. Good Will Hunting is a decent movie, but NOTHING more than that.

3. The Living Daylights, and GoldenEye are the two best Bond films.

4. Troy is historically inaccurate, and hated by many critics, but it's fun as Hell to watch.

5. Gladiator is FAR from great.

6. LA Confidential is one of the 20 best movies ever made.

All David Lynch and Quinten Tarantino movies suck.

If you have to watch a movie multiple times to 'get it', it's a crappy movie; the director has failed at his job to tell the story.

Just because a film has a cult following, doesn't make it a great film for the rest of the world (e.g., Blade Runner).

Stephen King can't write a decent ending to his stories. The beginning and middles are usually great, but the endings suck.

Legend in my own mind
I think 'Fight club' is generally over rated

mine is that it's perfectly ok for other people to have differing opinions, seems to be a fairly unpopular opinion around here lately anyway

Black Panther looks like ****.
I concur incredibly. I really hope critics tear this one apart. (Which they probably won't.) I've been waiting a long time for Marvel to have a critical and commercial flop. They honestly deserve it by this point.

CELEBRATE MOTHA-F**KAS!

A few more I would love to confess:

'Batman Returns' is WAY better than people give it credit for.
'Temple of Doom' is, without a doubt, the best Indiana Jones film.
'Man of Steel' is the one of the worst "films" of the decade.
'La La Land' is one of the best films of the decade.
The ending to 'Full Metal Jacket' was terrible.
Same goes with 'American History X', which could've been fantastic, if it weren't for that sh*t ending.

Welcome to the human race...
Just because a film has a cult following, doesn't make it a great film for the rest of the world (e.g., Blade Runner).
Well, yeah, that's how cult followings work.

Besides, just because most films try to tell a straightforward narrative that can be easily digested in a single viewing doesn't mean that every film has to (or even should) strive to do that. Film is an art form and a film that challenges audiences to re-watch it and think it over in order to understand it hasn't "failed" to tell a story, especially if it's not all that concerned with telling a story in the first place.

Halloween (1978) is hella boring.

Christopher Nolan is hella boring, and his remake of Insomnia is his best film.

Daniel Day Lewis is just OK.

Michael Mann has forgotten how to make good movies.

Halloween (1978) is hella boring.

Christopher Nolan is hella boring, and his remake of Insomnia is his best film.

Daniel Day Lewis is just OK.

Michael Mann has forgotten how to make good movies.
Halloween is the undisputed most overrated horror movie ever.

Its a rip off of Black Christmas, which is scary. Michael Myers isn't the least bit frightening. I was watching Halloween in the dark alone when I was very young, and even then it didn't affect me.

Halloween is the undisputed most overrated horror movie ever.

Its a rip off of Black Christmas, which is scary. Michael Myers isn't the least bit frightening. I was watching Halloween in the dark alone when I was very young, and even then it didn't affect me.
Me, too. 10 years old, dark room, Halloween...nada.

Black Christmas on the other hand..not only freak WAY out..but has at least some comedy thrown in, even though we're not sure what the police are laughing at. I wasn't, anyway. (?)

A few more I would love to confess:Temple of Doom' is, without a doubt, the best Indiana Jones film.
'Man of Steel' is the one of the worst "films" of the decade.
'La La Land' is one of the best films of the decade.
Those are pretty popular actually.