Wedding Toast

Tools    

The Emperor of Ice Cream
My brother is getting married saturday, and I am the best man . Does anyone have any suggestions of things I should have in my wedding toast? It's only meant to be 15-30 seconds long, but I have never been the best man in a wedding. Any help would be much appreciated !

Compliment her, make fun of him in an obvious, loving way. Standard wedding toast formula. Observing that you never figured he'd get a girl like that is a nice way of doing both at once.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Compliment her, make fun of him in an obvious, loving way. Standard wedding toast formula. Observing that you never figured he'd get a girl like that is a nice way of doing both at once.
LOL, yeah thats pretty much how it goes. I think thats pretty clever actually.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Yoda
Very nice.

Also it might be nice to include a light hearted personal story of when they first met and welcome her into the family.

Good luck and have fun being best man. Did you throw a bachlor party for your brother yet?

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Oh, quite the bachelor's party indeed

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

I would reveal stories about how he cheated with a stripper at the bachelors party.

Then when she dumps wine on his head you laugh, admit you were lying -- admit it was a hooker.

Or else you could reveal that you were in fact in love with your brothers wife to be -- but you noticed by watching her (from afar through binoculars) the love she had for your brother.

Of course if you dont want to be forever known as that freaky guy you could say something heartwarming like Yoda mentioned.

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Much appreciated

You ready? You look ready.
Hope it doesn't turn out like Everybody Loves Raymond.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by John McClane
Hope it doesn't turn out like Everybody Loves Raymond.
hahahaha