The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Like many, I also considered Silent Running but it's been quite a while since I've seen it so I dropped it in favor of more recently seen movies. Still, it is a great movie.

Yeah, I don't really think of 28 Days Later as Sci-Fi. It's more horror/action to me. And I'm one of the few people I know that likes the sequel more.

I like Back To The Future Part III, the least of the series but it is still fun. 28 Days Later ispretty good, i'm one of those weirdo's that preferred Weeks though. Not seen the rest.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

Seconds

This was the film that was tied with 28 Days later. Both of them received 61 points and were on 4 lists, so since Seconds was highest placed in 2nd and 28 Days Later was highest placed 6th, Seconds won the tie.

Layout: 2nd, 10th, 11th, 20th

Donnie Darko

This film was also tied with both 28 Days Later and Seconds with 61 points, however it was placed on 6 lists instead of 4, so it beat both of them in the tiebreaker.

Layout: 2nd, 12th, 19th, 20th, 21st (x2)

That makes 3 in a row for me.

Seconds barely missed out making my 60's list, but I couldn't snub it again.

I watched Donnie Darko for the second time for this countdown. The first time I watched it years ago, it didn't make a big impression on me.

My list-

#8 28 Days Later (85th)
#20 Seconds (84th)
#21 Donnie Darko (83rd)

Never seen Seconds, Donnie Darko is massively overrated imo.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Seconds has been on my rader for a while but still not seen it. I'm kind of stunned that Donnie Darko isn't a good bit higher, though I do get the feeling it doesn't seem to be as loved around here as most other places. In the past I would say I loved Donnie Darko however I didn't have it on my list. The last time I viewed it was a few years ago and it didn't work for me as well as normal. Hopefully that was just the mood I was in on that particular day. I was planning on rewatching it for the list but never got round to it

Whoops. forgot my entirely incorrect predictions for tomorrow:
82. Capricorn One (1977)
81. The Invisible Man (1933)

I had Seconds on my sci fi too watch list for this countdown, but didn't get around to it. One of these days.

I thoroughly enjoyed Donnie Darko, I've only seen it once and have been meaning to get back to it again.
It was #20 on my list.

I've been meaning to watch Seconds, but have never gotten around it. I'm on the fence about Donnie Darko. I rather liked it when I first saw it as a young teenager, but when I rewatched it later it had lost some of its charm. It's also possible that it was ruined by all the emo kids who were hailing it as the best film ever made for years after the fact.

Seen: 13/18
My List: 2

01. Dredd (2012) - #96
09. Galaxy Quest (1999) - #88