Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter -

Not quite as bad as I was expecting, but still...I was just starting to really like these movies, too.

It's almost impressive how easily I got used to the objectively appalling editing, though - and at least you get Ser Jorah chewing the scenery with aplomb.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Neal Brennan: 3 Mics - 7/10

It's mostly him talking about his violent father and dealing with depression.

I was hoping he would talk about how Dave got all the credit for Chappelle's show.

last movie i watched is "the vacation"

i can give that movie 7/10

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Well, he SORTA did. Saying it was a kind of safe place hiding behind Dave and out of the spot light, if I remember correctly.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter -

Not quite as bad as I was expecting, but still...I was just starting to really like these movies, too.

It's almost impressive how easily I got used to the objectively appalling editing, though - and at least you get Ser Jorah chewing the scenery with aplomb.
Yeah, I mean after I said you probably wouldn't like it because of the editing, I began looking up the reviews for the film, which were almost just posted...

And man, I'm surprised they aren't worse. I guess it's better than what the trailers/marketing/reputation make/could make it out to be. Personally though, I still think I'm done with the series. I don't have the desire to continue. But you never know.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Well, he SORTA did. Saying it was a kind of safe place hiding behind Dave and out of the spot light, if I remember correctly.
Exactly... Even though they both wrote the stuff, being in front of the camera, you have to make it funny, and Chappelle has that.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
50/50 (2011)
-

I remember wanting to see this movie. Finally, I got a chance. It's ok. I'm not that responsive to Rogen's comedy. Kendrick is just another face for me, nothing special. I do like Gordon-Levitt and Dallas Howard. I laughed a few times.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	cancer.png
Views:	521
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	28672  

50/50 (2011)
-

I remember wanting to see this movie. Finally, I got a chance. It's ok. I'm not that responsive to Rogen's comedy. Kendrick is just another face for me, nothing special. I do like Gordon-Levitt and Dallas Howard. I laughed a few times.

I liked this movie...this is one of the few performances of Anna Kendrick's that I enjoyed.

The Goob

A gritty well crafted slice of life in a depressed area of rural Norfolk in the UK that is all too real

4/5

Moonlight - 6/10
La La Land - 6.5/10
Silence - 6.5/10
Miss Sloane - 6.5/10
A Man Called Ove - 7.5/10
Fences - 6.7/10
Hacksaw Ridge - 7/10
Hidden Figures - 7.5/10
Manchester by the Sea - 6.5/10
Hell or High Water - 5/10

Mostly most Oscar movie... meh!

USS Indianapolis: Men Of Courage

Straight of the bat this was awful, immediately we are thrown into a battle that the Syfy channel would be proud of. Then it just got more sketchy, . I knew it would be bad but I had some faint glimmer of hope, considering the hefty story it would have some redeeming features... nope. Directed by Mario Van Peebles.... you did hear that correctly. Avoid at all costs.

0/5
I just added this to my Netfix queue. After reading your review, I'm thinking about skipping it.

Has anybody else seen this one?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I just added this to my Netfix queue. After reading your review, I'm thinking about skipping it.

Has anybody else seen this one?

No, but the trailer made me want to skip it.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I mean after I said you probably wouldn't like it because of the editing, I began looking up the reviews for the film, which were almost just posted...

And man, I'm surprised they aren't worse. I guess it's better than what the trailers/marketing/reputation make/could make it out to be. Personally though, I still think I'm done with the series. I don't have the desire to continue. But you never know.
I imagine that if you're going to go to the effort of seeing the sixth Resident Evil movie while it's still in theatres then chances are you're either in for the long haul or not particularly fussed about what you watch so you're probably going to go easy on it. I think a lot of the disappointment for me comes from how radically different it is from Retribution (which I would probably count as the series' high point and would genuinely recommend despite your existing reservations about the series). Retribution had an appreciably weird set-up and a fairly polished execution, so Final Chapter going the greatest-hits route and settling for less in terms of action was always going to be a let-down. The harsh thing is that it actually does have some promising set-pieces (fortress siege, tank fight, etc.) that only make the tight camerawork and choppy editing seem especially pronounced. Wikipedia says that it had a $40m budget (as opposed to $60m for Afterlife or $65m for Retribution, and that's without adjusting for inflation) so I wonder how much of the problems can be blamed on that.

That being said, I'm still not sure if it's actually the worst one. Its only real competition is Apocalypse, but for some reason I'm actually having trouble deciding.

Cabin Fever (2016)

I look at anything made this millennium as a new movie, so I thought this remake was especially pointless. Being a big fan of the original, I was really hating this at first. There are very few differences other than the quality. The new pancakes kid is terrible, and everything about it is inferior. However, once the mayhem got going I started to enjoy myself. I ended up liking it, and the key ended up being not trying to compare the two movies all the way through.