Supporting Characters That Stole The Whole Show

Tools    

Well, in Alien Res he played Captain Elgin, who was a pirate type but was at least a good guy.
He wasn't a villain, just a harsh sided good guy who knew how to kick ass but he got killed quick. He should totally have kicked some Alien ass before getting taken down. At least he would have been remembered as the gruff, tough good guy who put up a fight... rather than a forgettable cannon fodder good guy who looked like he could be interesting if he was given some scope to work with.

Where do I begin:

American Horror Story: Lady Gaga, I mean, Hotel

This guy is just amazing. He, I mean, She won't get ANYONE on her way.

In all the season she also appears:

At first he was a supporting character! Then she took all the big roles.

I started watching Glee and discover that Sue Sylvester was originally going to be a supporting character but they gave her a permanent role

Breaking bad:

This guy is such a badass.

And in Game of Thrones I always wait to see more of Jaqen H'Ghar

Tat has reminded me of Mrs Carmody in The Mist played my Marcia Gay Harden.

Awesome turn from a talented actress.

Going back a step... watch this and tell me Wincott shouldn't be The Joker.

I am the Watcher in the Night
The priest from There Will Be Blood instantly pops into my mind and the big blue thing in My Neighbour Totoro lol

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Tat has reminded me of Mrs Carmody in The Mist played my Marcia Gay Harden.

Awesome turn from a talented actress.

Interesting. Less high-piched Ceaser Romero, more growley Bane. I don't think we've ever had a Joker with a lower register. The defining characteristic has allways been the high-toned, manic laugther. Ledger had it to some exctent, most prominently in the video with the fake batman, but I allways red it as a mocking of Bale's growly batman voice. A Joker with Wincott's low raspy voice would probably lose the ability to get the high-piched laugh, but he would also up the intimidation factor, especially if we went for a "less manic but still cracking the occational joke" type of character as we see here.

Interesting. Less high-piched Ceaser Romero, more growley Bane. I don't think we've ever had a Joker with a lower register. The defining characteristic has allways been the high-toned, manic laugther. Ledger had it to some exctent, most prominently in the video with the fake batman, but I allways red it as a mocking of Bale's growly batman voice. A Joker with Wincott's low raspy voice would probably lose the ability to get the high-piched laugh, but he would also up the intimidation factor, especially if we went for a "less manic but still cracking the occational joke" type of character as we see here.
Very interesting idea – if I'm not mistaken, Wincott isn't as gruff in normal life as he is in these roles. I'm sure I've seen him talking in a much higher register than what we normally hear. Actually Jack Nicholson did a bit of a bassier voice at times, as did Romero.

Tim Burton apparently wanted Brad Dourif, who I think would have been stunning.

Ed Norton in Primal Fear!!!!
Geesh, how old were you again? 14? when I was 14 I was still watching...*Remembers what he was actually watching at 14*

Nope, never mind. Ignore me and keep watch ing what you're watching

Haha! I also watch American Horror Story and Orange is the New Black

Geesh, how old were you again? 14? when I was 14 I was still watching...*Remembers what he was actually watching at 14*

Ed Norton in Primal Fear!!!!

Tim Roth playing Archibald Cunningham in Rob Roy. What an evil p.o.s. bastard, and the aristocracy just topped it off like a sundae cherry.

Marilyn Monroe in All About Eve is another one. She wasn't even a star yet but that appearance really got people talking.
Gotta concur here...considering the powerhouse cast she was working with, Monroe was one of the most memorable things about the movie, never fading into the woodwork and never stealing anyone's thunder either. She couldn't have had more than seven or eight minutes of screentime but this film was a real stepping stone in her career.

If I want to be a movie buff you have got to watch all of the greatest!

If I want to be a movie buff you have got to watch all of the greatest!
So true. You're ahead of me on that one, at least. Though I just found one movie I've been looking for for years it feels like. Am very excited to finaly watch it.

Tim Roth playing Archibald Cunningham in Rob Roy. What an evil p.o.s. bastard, and the aristocracy just topped it off like a sundae cherry.

Very interesting that he'd done The Hit with John Hurt years earlier. They certainly make a good team.