- Aldous Huxle

Originally Posted by Rasputin
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell."
- Aldous Huxle
Wow, now that would be sad

BANNED
Originally Posted by nebbit
Wow, now that would be sad
On the contrary, its an encouraging thought. Think about it, if the life we live in right now is the WORST it can possbily get, then we much to look for after death.

On the contrary, its an encouraging thought. Think about it, if the life we live in right now is the WORST it can possbily get, then we much to look for after death.
that's it, I'm done, as I don't beleive in life after death.

BANNED
that's it, I'm done, as I don't beleive in life after death.
This isn't good. We are going to have to change that.

This isn't good. We are going to have to change that.
It's unfortunate that you feel someone has to change their views on religion just because those views are not the same as your own.

BANNED
Originally Posted by firegod
It's unfortunate that you feel someone has to change their views on religion just because those views are not the same as your own.
One need not take everything so seriously. The sarcasm in what I said to nebbit is biting, and he got it. Loosen up.

One need not take everything so seriously. The sarcasm in what I said to nebbit is biting, and he got it. Loosen up.
I'm very loose. It certainly didn't seem like sarcasm (or that Nebbit took it that way, for that matter), but I'll take your word for it.

"Any belief in supernatural creators, rulers, or influencers of natural or human process introduces an irreparable split into the universe, and prevents us from grasping its real unity. Any belief in Absolutes, whether the absolute validity of moral commandments, of authority of revelation, of inner certitudes, or of divine inspiration, erects a formidable barrier against progress and the responsibility of improvement, moral, rational, and religious." - Julian Huxley

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.
Yogi Berra
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

I ran across this last night and thought I would share:

"We think that we may take judicial notice of the fact that the term "bitch" may imply some feeling of endearment when applied to a female of the canine species but that it is seldom, if ever, so used when applied to a female of the human race. Coming as it did, reasonably close on the heels of two revolver shots directed at the person of whom it was probably used, we think it carries every reasonable implication of ill-will toward that person." ~ Smith v. Moran, 193 N.E. 2d 466.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Caitlyn

"We think that we may take judicial notice of the fact that the term "bitch" may imply some feeling of endearment when applied to a female of the canine species but that it is seldom, if ever, so used when applied to a female of the human race. Coming as it did, reasonably close on the heels of two revolver shots directed at the person of whom it was probably used, we think it carries every reasonable implication of ill-will toward that person." ~ Smith v. Moran, 193 N.E. 2d 466.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

"The only secure knowledge is that I exist" -Descartes

That piddz has a strange sence of humour, still like him though.

as a female I think it is sad and true.

That piddz has a strange sence of humour, still like him though.

as a female I think it is sad and true.

It is sad and very true… but I guess I share Piddy’s strange sense of humor because I thought the way it was worded was hilarious…

...I guess I share Piddy’s strange sense of humor because I thought the way it was worded was hilarious…
Me too.

We may eventually come to realize that chastity is no more a virtue than malnutrition. ~ Alex Comfort

Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians. ~ Pat Robertson

Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. ~ Mark Twain

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes.

Originally Posted by bluebottle
Me too.

We may eventually come to realize that chastity is no more a virtue than malnutrition. ~ Alex Comfort

Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians. ~ Pat Robertson

Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. ~ Mark Twain

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes.
Nice quotes; though I'm afraid I'll have to refer to you as "firegod Lite" from now on.