Game of Thrones, Season 6

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
WARNING: spoilers below
Is Jon immune to fire? Dont think theyve ever touched on that, I doubt it since his hairs black.
WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
Targs are not immune to fire. One of them was even burned alive while trying to bring dragons back.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I think Bran crossing the wall is gonna break the spell as per Coldhands.

I think Bran crossing the wall is gonna break the spell as per Coldhands.
That just create more plot holes if Bran going through the wall is what brings it down.

If the Walkers knew this why try and kill Bran in the cave, just let him get away and head back south? You could argue that they were trying to capture him but still I've never seen The White Walkers tell those wights to do anything but ruthlessly kill people.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
We've already seen that the mark from the Night's King broke the spell of the lair to the 3 Eyed Raven, so it's easy to assume it will break the spell on the Wall. Makes perfect sense to me. He will head to Winterfell where there is another weirdwood tree and he can tell Jon of his true parentage. As it was stated before, Reed has yet to be introduced, so why bother now when one of our lead characters also knows this information.

I was sad to see almost the entire Tyrell family wiped out. Olenna won't be having any babies anytime soon, so let's clear this house from the board. We can clear Baratheon too, if we ever find out what the hell happened to Gendry. It would be fine if we shows up with the Brotherhood again. But whatever.

The last episode had some great moments, Tommen literally performing a King's Landing was a shock.

The episode covers a large timeline, but was done in such a bad way that people don't understand character movements. Arya gets to the Twins, Jaime gets back to King's Landing and the most important one, Varys. Which I have a problem with.

We see him go to Dorne to rally more people behind the Targaryen, Fire & Blood..perfect. Now Danny has Unsullied, Dothraki, Tyrell, Dorne and Iron Island (half?) on her side. Big army. Yet at the end we see Dornish sails with her, as well as Varys on the ship. So you're telling me he got to Dorne, which is in Westeros and sailed back to Essos (Meeren), just to sail all the way back to Westeros? How doesn't it make more sense to have them waiting in Dorne for her to meet up with them there? She can't already BE in Westeros and sailing upwards to King's Landing because her GETTING to Westeros was her big goal. This is an oversight, in my opinion.

THE ONLY explanation I can come up with is that they needed more ships????? That's a stretch though.

Glad to see Arya's kill list have one scratched off. Now everyone involved in the Red Wedding is dead (Tywin, Walder, Roose) They all died in their homes too.

I feel that Littlefinger will continue to put a wedge between Sansa and Jon, but she knows not to trust him. So maybe she will be playing him? Will his lust for her blind his ambition and let her get one over him?

Frey mentioning Edmure being a prisoner again makes me hate episode 8 even further. This guy is going to go against his house for a child he's NEVER MET??? For a wife he was forced to MARRY? For a family that has had him a prisoner since the wedding? I don't buy it. They let him go, he could have put up a fight with the Blackfish, but no.....Then blackfish dying off screen in one off handed comment? Double nooooo....my least favourite episode since they first went to Dorne.

The wall coming down is a must. This I know....

PS - The next seasons are going to be shorter??? 7 episodes or so. Not a fan, but that could mean more money for those episodes, so more Battle of the Bastards or Winds of Winter episodes. Which I'm fine with.

Suspect's Reviews

If Jon' s father is Ned, it explains so many things. Firstly Bran found out that his father lied about beating this man in front of the tower and it should contain some meanings. They can show us Ned was not a perfect man. Jon is the child most similar to Ned because he is a complete Stark .I think it is a very interesting theory.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I can't see the headless Wolfman doing the dirty with his sis. The show seems to hold him in too high esteem for that.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yeah, that's way off base. In the scene where he's handed baby Jon, it's clear he had no idea any of this was going on. If you were watching the show without the preconceived fan theories, you'd never make that connection. We were obviously supposed to learn that Jon's parentage (both mother and father) were not what the show had previously led us to believe.

Ned Loved his sister and care more about protecting her dying wishes and with Starks Family came first even before Wives because maybe Cat was a loose lipped tully. I mean her best friend was Littlefinger. Ned assumed she had been taken unwillingly and was raped. My guess he learned her feelings and promises but is mortified so may died. Ned now understood what Arthur Dayne was saying about the Wars too come.

If Jon' s father is Ned, it explains so many things.
I love that the R + L = J thing was so widespread and accepted that we're talking about Ned being the father like that's the far-out fan theory.

I'm just realising why he was defending Danny so much, everyone wanted to kill her and Ned said that she was only a child

Also love Lady Mormont, and a lot of people as well I think, if you look up Lady, Mormont appears

We've already seen that the mark from the Night's King broke the spell of the lair to the 3 Eyed Raven, so it's easy to assume it will break the spell on the Wall. Makes perfect sense to me. He will head to Winterfell where there is another weirdwood tree and he can tell Jon of his true parentage. As it was stated before, Reed has yet to be introduced, so why bother now when one of our lead characters also knows this information.

I was sad to see almost the entire Tyrell family wiped out. Olenna won't be having any babies anytime soon, so let's clear this house from the board. We can clear Baratheon too, if we ever find out what the hell happened to Gendry. It would be fine if we shows up with the Brotherhood again. But whatever.

The last episode had some great moments, Tommen literally performing a King's Landing was a shock.

The episode covers a large timeline, but was done in such a bad way that people don't understand character movements. Arya gets to the Twins, Jaime gets back to King's Landing and the most important one, Varys. Which I have a problem with.

We see him go to Dorne to rally more people behind the Targaryen, Fire & Blood..perfect. Now Danny has Unsullied, Dothraki, Tyrell, Dorne and Iron Island (half?) on her side. Big army. Yet at the end we see Dornish sails with her, as well as Varys on the ship. So you're telling me he got to Dorne, which is in Westeros and sailed back to Essos (Meeren), just to sail all the way back to Westeros? How doesn't it make more sense to have them waiting in Dorne for her to meet up with them there? She can't already BE in Westeros and sailing upwards to King's Landing because her GETTING to Westeros was her big goal. This is an oversight, in my opinion.

THE ONLY explanation I can come up with is that they needed more ships????? That's a stretch though.

Glad to see Arya's kill list have one scratched off. Now everyone involved in the Red Wedding is dead (Tywin, Walder, Roose) They all died in their homes too.

I feel that Littlefinger will continue to put a wedge between Sansa and Jon, but she knows not to trust him. So maybe she will be playing him? Will his lust for her blind his ambition and let her get one over him?

Frey mentioning Edmure being a prisoner again makes me hate episode 8 even further. This guy is going to go against his house for a child he's NEVER MET??? For a wife he was forced to MARRY? For a family that has had him a prisoner since the wedding? I don't buy it. They let him go, he could have put up a fight with the Blackfish, but no.....Then blackfish dying off screen in one off handed comment? Double nooooo....my least favourite episode since they first went to Dorne.

The wall coming down is a must. This I know....

PS - The next seasons are going to be shorter??? 7 episodes or so. Not a fan, but that could mean more money for those episodes, so more Battle of the Bastards or Winds of Winter episodes. Which I'm fine with.
It was an insult that they killed the Blackfish off screen like that I was pissed.And come on Suspect Varys obviously borrowed Littlefinger's teleportation device. duuuuuuh

and yes the next two seasons will be around 6-7 episodes each, sadly. D&D are getting sick of doing the show and just wanna end it which is why everything has been so simple and half the storylines from later on in the books have been cut.

If Jon' s father is Ned, it explains so many things. Firstly Bran found out that his father lied about beating this man in front of the tower and it should contain some meanings. They can show us Ned was not a perfect man. Jon is the child most similar to Ned because he is a complete Stark .I think it is a very interesting theory.
They really ****ed up getting across who the actual father is in that scene, the official HBO GoT website now has Rhaegar Targaryen listed as Jon's father so I think R+L=J was suppose to be solidified in the episode but they decided to make Lyanna whisper half that **** about his name and all to Ned instead of just letting us hear it. I watched one reviewer and they thought that the Mad King was Jon's real father lol

Jon actually being Ned's son makes no sense and goes against everything they have set up in this series. Plus Lyanna was kidnapped by Rhaegar and for around a year she spent with him in that tower. I doubt Ned got in there for a quickie right after she got there. It definitely looked like Ned had never been there either.

I'm just realising why he was defending Danny so much, everyone wanted to kill her and Ned said that she was only a child

Also love Lady Mormont, and a lot of people as well I think, if you look up Lady, Mormont appears
During Robert's Rebellion when Tywin Lannister's army sacked the city. Tywin ordered Rhaegar's children Rhaenys and Aegon, I can now say Jon Snow's Half sister and brother , killed (Elia Martell was also killed trying to defend her children, which is why later on Oberyn Martell would be Tyrion's champion so that he can fight and kill the man, Gregor Clegane, that murdered Elia and her children. Certainly on Tywin's orders but nobody knows for sure), and he brought their mashed up bodies before Robert who was now sitting on the Throne with Ned by his side. Robert was pleased but Ned was disgusted by the act which caused the two to have a very heated argument right there, Ned then stormed out of the city and went to Storm's End to command the Tyrell forces to stand down. Ned is an honorable man and is against the act of killing ANY children, Targaryen or not. This part of Ned would also be his downfall when he confronts Cersei about the incest. Ned only warns her that he knows and that he is gonna tell Robert so that she and her children can leave before Robert comes back and slaughters them. Ned's mercy towards children got him outplayed and in turn killed.

and yes the next two seasons will be around 6-7 episodes each, sadly. D&D are getting sick of doing the show and just wanna end it which is why everything has been so simple and half the storylines from later on in the books have been cut.
I'm pretty sure the real reason is that, even with all those cut storylines, it's one of the more complicated shows ever put on television. Not cutting half the story lines would render it nearly impenetrable to all but the most dedicated fans. And any show that was only accessible to people who were already immersed in the world would have a small audience and could not be decently produced (let alone as gorgeously and lavishly as GoT is).

On top of that, it's not hard to argue that a lot of the cut plot lines from later books are just treading narrative water, anyway. There are a few in there I wish they'd kept (probably the same ones you'd list as examples), but they might use some of them yet, and I'll be shocked if most of them factor into the end game. I'm sure you're aware that the time period in question wasn't even part of the original series outline, and it certainly shows in books four and five (even though I enjoyed them, anyway). You can afford those kinds of world-building digression in massive novels, but not on television.

Rewatching it and theres something I was wondering about that I forgot to ask...

What was the significance of the Grand Maester being killed by those kids? Were they his bastards, does Cersis new hand command a pack of urchins? I dont get it.

Rewatching it and theres something I was wondering about that I forgot to ask...

What was the significance of the Grand Maester being killed by those kids? Were they his bastards, does Cersis new hand command a pack of urchins? I dont get it.
Those are Varys' former little birds. Gotta get the Grand Maester out so he can take over.