Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Think like a man too

I should start with that ive never seen the first one,but you dont really have to.

second of all,i saw this without knowing anything about-i thought it was pretty bad after the first 10minutes,and then wendy williams popped up on the screen and i knew it wasnt going to get any better.

A group of friends go to vegas for a wedding,the night before they have a his and hers bachelor/ette party.

Kevin Hart is basicly himself-anoying and loud,you have the mandatory white couple who dont know how to dress,act or have a normal conversation,the jokes are old,overused,rushed and just not funny.

wanted to shut it off halfway through,but i held out hope
it picked up a bit after that but i would never watch it again.
and if i could go back in time i wouldnt have watched it in the first time.

so basically
ive seen this movie a houndred times before with a better cast and better jokes.

Welcome to the human race...
Anyway, that's my take.
Probably. I get the feeling that if I ever watch Once Upon a Time in America again, I'll most likely lower my opinion of it by a considerable margin, quite possibly to the point of hating it - so maybe I won't watch it again. I guess. Or not. Who even knows.

Anyway...

The Visit -
, maybe

Nothing special, but at least I wasn't bored.

F For Fake - (1974)
-

I enjoyed this. Wouldn't say i loved it though, think it is my least favourite from the four Welles films i have seen. Man, i love Welles. He is so cool in this and he has the best voice for narrating ever. I was really confused at first because as Welles actually mentions himself it kept jumping about i was still intrigued at this point though. When it settled down and concentrated on Irving and Elmyr it became very interesting and entertaining. I won't say much because i think you need to know nothing about this and just sit back and concentrate for it to work well. It did have a great yet pretty infuriating payoff haha.

Great Day in the Morning (1956)

-

From the top 100 westerns list, and I thought it was pretty decent. There's 3 different plot points, and I think it would have been better if there were more than 90 minutes to dive into them. Robert Stack is very good in the lead role, while Virginia Mayo and Ruth Roman make awfully fetching co-stars. Nice gunfight at the saloon.

Fathers and daughers
Starring: Russell Crowe,Amanda Seyfried,Aaron Paul,Diane Kruger,Bruce Greenwood and Jane Fonda
Drama

This movie follows a writers struggle after his wife dies in a car accident caused by his speeding.He leaves his young daughter with her family as he checkes into a facility to help with his seizures-when he comes back her aunt and uncle want to adopt her.
The movie changes between her fathers story and her trying to cope with her past as an adult.

a few things that kept it from getting a higher score but might contain spoilers
WARNING: spoilers below
it feels scripted at times-why would he bring his daughter back to someone who wants to take her away from him? i also have this problem with alot of other movies-why do they never speak up?!
And why was the person who he was in a lawsuit against,trying to take away his daughter,invited to his funeral? Not to mention put in her care afterwards?

also the whole "girls only have sex cos they have daddy issues" is really annoying,and annoyed me through most of the movie but by the end i understood how that could be used.

I was very impressed by Amanda Seyfried
Bonus points for great music

BANNED
Man of Fire

I watched years ago, but this time it gave me perception of life. Thats' full on inglis What would you do? Simple really.

4.5/5

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Harry and Tonto (1974)

Took me a while to get into this but I ended up hooked. Heartwarming and touching.

+
So glad you saw it!

Seems like everyone who has saw it liked/loved it..

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Man of Fire

I watched years ago, but this time it gave me perception of life. Thats' full on inglis What would you do? Simple really.

4.5/5
I use to adore this movie, but each re-watch seems to diminish my affection. A little seed about the editing got planted in my my head and it is all I see now.

BANNED
I use to adore this movie, but each re-watch seems to diminish my affection. A little seed about the editing got planted in my my head and it is all I see now.
I what seed?

The General (1926) -
+

Amazing, this runs City Light close for my favourite silent film. So fun, hilarious and exciting. Best chase ever . Some of the scenes in this were truly remarkable. it is hard to believe this was made 90 years ago. I was reading in the comments that there are a few different scores for the film in the version i watched the score was by Robert Israel and i thought it was excellent. Really glad i finally watched this will be checking out more from Keaton soon.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A Perfect Couple - 5/10

If you've never seen an Altman movie, don't watch this.. Quirky, silly, never gets going. Could have been good. But I think it's great a director makes a movie he wants to without regard to an audience.

the jokes are old,overused,rushed and just not funny.

wanted to shut it off halfway through,but i held out hope
it picked up a bit after that but i would never watch it again.
and if i could go back in time i wouldnt have watched it in the first time.

so basically
ive seen this movie a houndred times before with a better cast and better jokes.
I can't believe you watched this without seeing the first one...I watched the first one and had no desire to see the sequel.

Fearless (1993) -
+

Good film. Don't think it was amazing but it was interesting and Jeff Bridges was exceptional, this runs The Big Lebowski close for my favourite performance of his. Bridges character and the way he responded to this traumatic experience was obviously what made this film.
The way he was acting so calm as if nothing happened and he wasn't in denial he had fully accepted everything that happened and had thought about it and what it meant at great length, this way just the way he took it. His reckless attitude was very interesting, i'm still not sure if he the pyschiatrists theory of him being like Vietnam Vets who get addicted to risking their lives after overcoming their fear, or if this was actually some sort of death wish that he believed he should have died like when he was speaking about how he had died in his mind. I really liked the ending, i liked how it came full circle back to the first thing he tested his immortality with.

I can't believe you watched this without seeing the first one...I watched the first one and had no desire to see the sequel.

lol
yeah,but i think they`re independent so they work on their own.
but had i seen the first one i probably wouldnt have watched it,just as i will stay clear of the first one now