My List of Worst Movie Sequels

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Gah, Ocean's Twelve. I remember seeing that in theatres when I was 14 because my friends and I weren't old enough to get into Team America without a guardian (you had to be 15). Though that might have been enough to sour me on the whole thing, the entire sequence where they try to pass off Julia Roberts' character as the real Julia Roberts is forever seared into my brain because it's so painful to watch.

Speed 2: Cruise Control

Another movie where I NEVER expected a sequel. I don't feel the first film even implied a sequel, but when I heard there was going to be a sequel, I assumed it would be another case for the Keanu Reeves character, I didn't expect it to be about Annie (Sandra Bullock). I'm guessing Reeves read the screenplay and had the sense to pass.

Rocky V

Rocky (Sylvester Stallone) is forced to retire from boxing due to injuries he sustained in Rocky IV and finds himself training a newcomer (Tommy Morrison) who ends up betraying him. This movie makes Rocky look as dumb as he did in the first film and the film also features dreadful performances by Morrison and by Stallone's late son, Sage.

Exorcist II: The Heretic

This unnecessary sequel focused on Regan (Linda Blair) worrying about the demon still being inside of her and an investigation into the death of Damian Karras. The whole thing is so contrived and the absence of William Friedkin behind the camera didn't help. There was so much trouble with casting the film that one role had to be re-written for a woman so that Louise Fletcher could play the role.

The Shaggy DA

This lame sequel to The Shaggy Dog finds the character of Wilby Daniels from the first film, now an adult (Dean Jones) still cursed with the ability to turn into a sheepdog. This was basically a rehash of the first film as opposed to a sequel.

Batman and Robin

Despite a delicious performance from Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy, this sequel is a hot mess, primarily due to some bad writing and the it-seemed-like-a-good-idea casting of George Clooney as Batman. Alicia Silverstone doesn't exactly do Oscar worthy work as Batgirl either.

Vegas Vacation

This film completed the murder of this franchise that was begun by European Vacation...this silly comedy found the Griswalds dealing with Clark losing all his money, Rusty winning a car, and Ellen's brief encounter with Wayne Newton, not to mention a return of the infamous cousin Eddie.

Superman III

Loved the first two movies, but this one was a big ol' mess involving a nerdy computer hacker (Richard Pryor), a rather bland villain (Robert Vaughn), and a Superman doppelganger. Contract negotiations reduced Margot Kidder's role as Lois Lane to a cameo putting the bland Annette O'Toole center stage as Lana Lang.

Madea's Family Reunion

This sequel to the mediocre Diary of a Mad Black Woman took that film's most annoying character, Madea (Tyler Perry) and gave her an entire movie and brand new family, where Perry played three different roles and the movie not only sucked, but actually spawned several more sequels and gave the annoying Tyler Perry an actual career as a filmmaker.

I have thought that ever since I saw your list of bad TV spin-offs (The Parkers and other things), Noxeema and now this.

Have you checked out Bateman's IMDB page...the man has appeared in quite a few movies in the last few years.
Which was exactly my point. He didn't sustain a career after this because he didn't really have one after it until Arrested Development.

Iroquois, are you in drag?

You're reminding me of Pete Burns right now.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	iroquois.PNG
Views:	1164
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	24778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pete.jpg
Views:	1758
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	24779  

Back to the Future Part II

There's a lot of love out there for this sequel but I didn't like it. It is set up beautifully at the end of the first film when Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) tells Marty (Michael J. Fox) that there's something wrong with his kids, a perfect setup for a sequel. What happens here is that the so called issue with Marty's son (also Fox) is solved ten minutes into the movie and we are then subjected to a ridiculous story about Marty's mother Lorraine (Lea Thompson) and her abusive marriage to Biff (Thomas F. Wilson) It's all flash and no substance...Zemeckis and Fox redeemed themselves with the third film though.

I think Back to the Future Part II would have been far more interesting if it took place entirely in the future. I read they were scared to show much of the future because of how ludicrous it might have been. That was their problem. It's a trilogy about time traveling -- you shouldn't be scared. Would have been great to see more of 2015, no matter how incorrect it was.

All of the Back To The Future movies are overhyped.