Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince
16.67%
2 votes
Harry Potter and the Deathly hollows
33.33%
4 votes
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows 2
12 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hey GBG, I love your avatar! WHOA! haha

What did you think of the first one?

I saw it a long time ago, so I don't remember a lot about it, but remember liking it. (I liked it enough to buy all the DVDs, and I haven't read any of the books.)

Thanks about the avatar. I thought about changing it recently, but I love to sit and watch it, so I'll probably keep it a while longer. )

I saw the first Harry Potter movie, then I was warned not to see the second movie because of my fear of spiders, so I stopped there. I have them all on DVD, so I'll probably watch them eventually.
Yeah that movie would have hospitalized you

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was told, so I've avoided it so far. I live in fear of something like the second Harry Potter movie or Arachnophobia being nominated in a HoF.

I think you could probably skip it and go straight to Prisoner of Azkaban if you are interested in the series. I can't really remember the story that well so i don't remember how important the events in Chamber are but you could always read a synopsis or the book, or just find out were the scenes are and skip them.

I think you could probably skip it and go straight to Prisoner of Azkaban if you are interested in the series. I can't really remember the story that well so i don't remember how important the events in Chamber are but you could always read a synopsis or the book, or just find out were the scenes are and skip them.

I don't like watching movies out of order, but I may have to in this case. I'm sure there's a web site like Wikipedia, (or something similar), that has a synopsis if I need it. Plus my Mom has seen all the movies, and she loves talking to anyone about them, so I'm sure she can answer any questions about them too.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I like the first one as a nice, cosy family film, even though it is a bit clunky. The spiders in Chamber of Secrets are horrifying and I'm not even scared of spiders, and the story is not the best. It's also too long. Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite book, it's the one with the best story. It introduces Professor Lupin and Sirius Black, both of whom I like. But some things about the film bother me. It feels too long and I don't like that the kids are wearing modern clothes, it takes you out of the alternative fantasy wizarding world a bit. Goblet of Fire is really good, a bit darker. Order of the Phoenix is beyond tedious, despite being the shortest. There's just nothing to it, and Umbrage isn't nearly as sinister as she is in the book. I don't care much for The Half Blood Prince (book or film). Deathly Hallows Part I is dull, they just sit around in tents sulking and not knowing what to do for the whole film. Part II, though, is properly dramatic and exciting.

1. The Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Chamber of Secrets
3. The Sorcerer's Stone
4. The Goblet of Fire
5. The Order of the Phoenix
6. The Deathly Hallows Part 2
7. The Half Blood Prince
8. The Deathly Hallows Part 1

I personally like the first 3 the best. Also why the hell is the movie called "the Philsopher's Stone" on the internet? My actual dvd of it says The Socercer's Stone and that is what the book was called. I felt the last 3 movies were nothing more than mediocre.

Interesting that most feel Chamber of Secrets is the worst or one of the worst. When i was a kid i remember getting to the last chapter of Chamber of Secrets then going to the pictures to see Philosophers Stone, when i went home i finished the book and had one of the toughest waits of my life for the film to come out. After seeing it i loved it then i didn't really care about the series after that so i guess my fondness for that one is related to my experience with the books. Don't remember much about the four films or books but i do remember Chamber of Secrets having the creepy toilet ghosts and Harry and Rons flying car ride so it has a lot of nostalgia related to it for me.

Glad to see Adam likes it at least

1. The Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Chamber of Secrets
3. The Sorcerer's Stone
4. The Goblet of Fire
5. The Order of the Phoenix
6. The Deathly Hallows Part 2
7. The Half Blood Prince
8. The Deathly Hallows Part 1

I personally like the first 3 the best. Also why the hell is the movie called "the Philsopher's Stone" on the internet? My actual dvd of it says The Socercer's Stone and that is what the book was called. I felt the last 3 movies were nothing more than mediocre.
The Philosophers Stone is the name of the book and the film here in the UK where it was created. No idea why the US changed it to Sorcerers.

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban directed by Alfonso Cuarón -

2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 directed by David Yates -

3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix directed by David Yates -

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 directed by David Yates -

5. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets directed by Chris Columbus -

6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire directed by Mike Newell -

7. Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince directed by David Yates -

8. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone directed by Chris Columbus -

The Philosophers Stone is the name of the book and the film here in the UK where it was created. No idea why the US changed it to Sorcerers.
I get that in some countries words mean different things but why would two English countries have different titles. Do Sorcerer and Philosopher mean the same thing in both countries? Literally the books at the library over here say Sorcerer too lol

I get that in some countries words mean different things but why would two English countries have different titles. Do Sorcerer and Philosopher mean the same thing in both countries? Literally the books at the library over here say Sorcerer too lol
Yeah, Sorcerer is the wrong one no idea why the US uses it you'll have to look it up. The correct title is The Philosophers Stone, of course the books at your library are called The Sorcerers Stone because that is what the US has changed it too.

And no of course Philosopher and Sorcerer don't mean the same thing you'll have to find out why the US decided to call their version that to find out the logic behind it.

Here's my take on it:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - It introduces everything, of course, but the only thing I remember is the broom-witch game which was terrific.

Prisoner of Azkaban - How about when the bus flattened lol or that Harry trademark with charecters living in newspapers or paintings and when they go through corridors with lamps, some bloke in a picture goes: "Will you switch that off?!" and also when he was flying a bird over a lake at night.

Gobblet of Fire - I like all the trials, but most when you know who finaly appears.

Order of Phoenix - Like Thursady Next said there's no particular action until the very end, but it's a climax and somehow stories are the best if the end is the best.

Half Blood Prince - Is this when Snape kills Dungledore?

Deathly Hollows - A mesmerising scene when Valdemort finds the stick.

---------------------2 - It's one of my all time favorite movies. Valdemort kills Snape and then Harry because it was the only way he could be defeated (because, after he split his soul into 7 pieces by killing 7 people including Harry's parents, he hid one piece the only place he could - in Harry.) He comes with the army to Hogwarts "Harry Potter is dead." And then the limp says "He did not die in vain. But you will die in vain." Harry resurects. I'll never forget the expression on his face when he was just about to fight Valdemort the penultimate time. The limp kills the snake and then again the expression just before he strikes him one last time. It all ends.

Movie Forums Extra
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows 2 it's the best.

What is with all this love for POA here? It has superb cinematography, sure, and it has a great atmosphere to set up the series for more dark themes. But the plot in this film is probably the weakest in the whole series. It is so chaotic.