Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.

Every Night Dreams

First silent Naruse. Very good little film, although the short-running time isn't enough to "fully" flesh out the narrative. It lacks the depth of later Naruse pictures.

El Topo

Didn't do anything for me. Jodorowsky's sincerity is not to be questioned, but I found the film rather dull. I prefer The Holy Mountain and Santa Sangre.

A Cottage on Dartmoor

A forgotten masterpiece, easily one of the finest silents I've ever seen. The expressionistic lighting and gothic tone lends the film an eerie, ominous atmosphere. One of the 5-best films I've seen this year.

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 9/10. This would have been a perfect film for me; however, a few of the scenes featuring Denathor I felt dragged on a little bit. All in all one of my favorite fantasy trilogies of all time.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Burn! - 6/10

I saw this at 17, then tried to see it about a year ago from the library, but fell asleep. I expected more from Pontecorvo, especially having the greatest actor ever, Marlon Brando, starring in it. Some great lines, but a lot of filler - too much time spent on marching, clapping, meaningless chatter. Worth a watch if you haven't seen "The Battle of Algiers" - a much better movie.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
First silent Naruse.
I wanted to give you a lecture about it not being the first silent Naruse film, but then realized you meant it's the first silent Naruse film you have seen. It's amazing. Check No Blood Relation and Apart From You, too!

Master of My Domain
The Departed - 10/10 - Great cast, great story, lots of intense moments, just how a crime film should be!

Finally watched Equilizer - 7/10. Loved it. There is something about Danzel and this one man army type of movies. Does it amazingly well.

Devil in a blue dress - 6/10.

Shooter - 6.5/10.

Running Scared - 4/10. The plot seemed too convenient. All in all, not a very good movie. I found it from an article stating it's a very good action thriller. Rubbish.

Seven Chances
+

Keaton will always be my favorite silent comedian.

New Rose Hotel

An enigma I'm too stupid to figure out.

12deep4me

Need to revisit this one day.