Top 30 Robbie Williams Songs

Tools    

9. Better Man
(Sing When You're Winning, 2000)

A touching, heartfelt song all about Robbie trying to right the wrongs of his past "be a better man". In his most recent tour he sang this song alongside his father, Peter Williams.

8. Eternity

Written as a tribute to Robbie's close friendship with singer Geri Halliwell, this song never actually featured on 'Sing When You're Winning but was released as part of Robbie's Greatest Hits album in 2004. It became Robbie's 4th No 1 hit in the UK.

7. Strong
(I've Been Expecting You, 1998)

Released as part of his 2nd studio album, 'Strong' managed to break the UK Top 10 in March 1999 but did not have a big impact in Europe and presumably wasn't even noticed in the US. Here's a fun fact: During his live performance to 375,000 fans at Knebworth in 2003, Robbie attempted to break the record for biggest number of people singing karaoke with this song.

6. She's The One

A cover of the 1997 World Party song, 'She's the One' is a legendary track on Robbie's discography. It reached the No 1 spot on the UK charts in late 1999 and has become a classic song for weddings in many countries.

Again, forgive the foreign subtitles in the video

5. Rock DJ

I swear this is the last song from 'Sing When You're Winning' on this list! Similarly to 'Bodies', this song has such a catchy tune that just gets stuck in your head for days. Unfortunately most of the attention surrounding this track was due to the controversial music video which featured Robbie stripping naked then peeling off his skin and organs in order to impress a female DJ. If you are squeamish please stop watching the above video before 2:50 or watch the alternate music video below.

4. Let Me Entertain You
(Life thru a Lens, 1997)

A classic, rock anthem inspired by bands such as The Rolling Stones and Kiss. Robbie starts all his live shows with this song to get the fans on their feet and exciting. After all, his aim is to entertain us! Upon release, this song shot to No 1 on the UK charts and stayed inside the top 10 for a month. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard this at sports games, it is just such a great stadium song!

3. Millennium

The first track of Robbie's 2nd studio album, 'Millennium' rocketed to No 1 on the UK charts upon release and has been one of Robbie's classic songs ever since. The song borrows heavily from John Barry's 'You Only Live Twice', the title track of the 1967 James Bond film of the same name. This inspired the Bond themed music video above.

2. Feel
(Escapology, 2002)

The lead single of 'Escapology', 'Feel' truly was an international hit for Robbie, topping the charts in countries such as Austria, Poland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand when released in late 2002. Most of the vocals in the final version are actually from the demo due to Robbie not being satisfied with the re-recorded vocals. This song also got some exposure in the U.S. (a rarity when it comes to Robbie's songs) and the video above shows him performing on an American talkshow. Throughout the performance he manages to get 'up close and personal' with the host, guests and the crowd.

And now for the big one . . .

1. Angels
(Life thru a Lens, 1997)

Probably one of the best songs ever released by a solo artist. 'Angels' kick-started Robbie's career upon release in 1997 just when his record company was about to drop him. The lyrics are meaningful and the chorus is truly powerful. This explains why this song is suitable for "hatches, matches and dispatches" (births, weddings and funerals). This is easily Robbie's best selling single and was voted the best song of the last 25 years at the 2005 BRIT awards. I have also included a video of a live performance for this song (from 1999). You can see how popular the song is when Robbie doesn't even need to sing half the words, and the power of the chorus is truly present. Robbie always finishes every live show he does with this song and I reckon thats a great way to end an amazing night.

Well, that didn't take long

Please share your opinions on my list. I would love to hear anyones perspective! I hope that I have converted at least a few people into Robbie fans. Also, if you reckoned I missed some songs please let me know, just remember that this is just my opinion

Anyway, that's probably the only 'top songs' list I will do (I don't know any other artist as well as RW!)

Honourable Mentions

I know I finished this thread a week ago now but in that time I have been thinking about the songs I missed out. So, instead of transplanting them into the original list I have decided to create a 'honourable mentions' section for the songs I simply cannot leave out.

Do You Mind
(Reality Killed the Video Star, 2009)

Considered by many as a 'filler' from Robbie's comeback album, 'Reality Killed the Video Star'. I think it's a nice change from Robbie's usual pop tones as it has a bit of a country vibe to it.

I will post more 'honourable mentions' soon so stay tuned!

Go Gentle
(Swings Both Ways, 2013)

Following the birth of his daughter in 2013, Robbie wrote this song for her as a promise that he would not be a selfish popstar anymore and would be there for her. This song is quite touching and looking back I am surprised it didn't break into my top 30.

Love Cheat
(1998)

Written as a B-side to 'Millennium' and not released in 'I've Been Expecting You', this song is a little gem in the back catalog of Robbie Williams. It has the essence of a Britpop hit reminiscent of bands like Oasis and Blur

No Regrets

Many Robbie fans would probably question my decision to leave this out of my original list but this song just never really got to me. It has lost its meaning these days as it was originally written about how Robbie had no regrets about leaving Take That (they reunited in 2011).

Calling All Robbie Williams Fans!!!

I promise this list will be over after this post but I have been trying to get WatchMojo.com (the youtube channel) to do a Top 10 Robbie Williams list and would appreciate your help!!

http://www.watchmojo.com/suggest/Top...Williams+songs

I didn't make this particular list but have heavily contributed to the descriptions (copied and pasted from my list here).

So please help and spread the word!

Thanks!