Television Tab

Tools    

Does Countdown is often better than the regular 8 Out Of 10 now, IMO. Or, maybe, it's just that they haven't done a full series in a while?
I think it was at first because it was fresh but overall i think i prefer the original format. Sometimes the dictionary corner bit is hard to watch when someone awful like Phil Jupitus is on IMO. It is still great though.

Has anyone watched Making a Murderer? I watched the first two episodes and think it is excellent so far. I'll wait to see a few more before i comment because more than likely there is alot more twists coming, but i am already pissed off at several things and i can tell it is only going to get worse .

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Does Countdown is often better than the regular 8 Out Of 10 now, IMO. Or, maybe, it's just that they haven't done a full series in a while?
Well one bonus with Does Countdown is that on every episode you're guaranteed to have both Rachel Riley and Susie Dent to look at.

Out of interest what did you two guys make of Joe Wilkinson on the show? I saw a number of people complaining that they couldn't stand him whenever he popped up as Rachel's assistant but I absolutely loved some of the nonsense he came on with

I really like him on it for the most part. Towards the end it started to look tired and I felt they were really struggling for stuff, but I like him as an act, so having him on there was good for me.

I have to agree that having Rachel and Susie on there is always great regardless of what anyone else does/says.

If you're interested in the music business there's a good three parter on BBC4 - New Music Moguls:Masters of Pop. Watching the first one now

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I've started watching House of Cards and Arrow. I like House of Cards, but so far I love Arrow.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Watched the second episode of BBC4's - New Music Moguls:Masters of Pop. Great stuff. Highlight was Tony Visconti deconstructing Bowie's Heroes - makes you appreciate the complexity of a great song

I've started watching House of Cards and Arrow. I like House of Cards, but so far I love Arrow.
I need to get started with House of Cards, maybe today is the day.

The Twilight Zone - "Time Enough At Last"

God, I love this show. Such a classic episode too. My friend had never seen an episode of The Twilight Zone so I made him watch one with me. I picked this one, and I'm glad I did. It's always been a favorite of mine. Just riveting from start to finish, and from a writing perspective would seem a challenge to hold interest if you know the story. But not for Rod Serling. Truly one of the greatest television writers in history.

Last watched:

Scream Queens(series 1) - Final episode.
- One of my new favourite series now, loved every episode and can't wait for the second series.

Deutschland 83(series 1) - Episode 2, 3 and 4 -

The 100(series 1) - Episodes 1 and 2.
- Interesting so far but still not excited about it yet. Will see. Spent most of the time wanting to punch Chris' ex boyfriend from Neighbours - Honeykid will know what I mean.

Agent Carter(series 1) - First five episodes watched so far. Couldn't get into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D when it first came out and gave up on it and thought this would be the same. I was wrong, LOVEEEEEE this series so far. LOVEEEEE it!

Reggie Yates: Extreme Russia - Episode: Far Right & Proud.
- The first of three episodes on Russia. The next episode is called Gay & Under Attack, on what it's like to be gay in Russia.

Travel Man: 48 Hours in Paris -

: 48 Hours in Copenhagen -

: 48 Hours in Moscow -

No, I'm not a fan of Sherlock. Not really because I dislike it, but just because I don't watch it. I don't know what the writing is like, but the one episode I saw wasn't very good, IMO (it was the second episode of the first series) and it felt/sounded like someone had written Sherlock in the same manner as Doctor Who, which I found annoying.

As is the tradition over here, World Strongest Man was on for the week after Christmas and, as usual, I enjoyed that, too. Not the same as when it was on the Beeb, but that's to be expected and I'm pretty used to this now. Sadly. A good competition this year, though.
Season 1 Episode 2 of Sherlock is probably the weakest episode of the entire series to me. Watch The very first episode and I guarantee you'll be hooked.

Also I gotta hurry and catch up on The X-Files so I can watch the revival.

When I saw your post I thought I'd missed the start of a new season of The 100. Had me going for a moment. And, yes, I know what you mean about nurse Foster, too. On the plus side, he does get better. Replaced by others who'll annoy the crap out of you, but he gets better.

I really should get round to watching the episodes of Deutschland 83 I have to watch. I've only seen the first one. I've should finish Scream Queens, too. I think I have two left to watch.

I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed Agent Carter. JD recommended it to me because I like WPC 56 so much.

Still got Deutschland 83 to watch. I'm really enjoying War and Peace tho. I've never got round to reading the book, but it has some great goodies and baddies

POW!

Finished series one of Agent Carter last night. Perfect.

I've should finish Scream Queens, too. I think I have two left to watch.
What do you think of Scream Queens so far?

I've liked what I've seen. I started to wonder if it was running out of steam towards the middle, but the last couple of episodes have really worked well for me. Were it not that I've so much to watch I'm sure I'd have finished it by now.

Speaking of which I finally finished This Is England '90 yesterday. I can't quite decide atm whether the last episode (Winter) was a bit of an anti-climax or whether I've not really absorbed it yet. Autumn was immense, though.

Another good episode of The Young Montalbano this weekend, too. I've really liked this series.

Music Moguls finished this weekend. What a great little documentary series that was. A great inside look at the non-music side of the industry. I really enjoyed it and found each angle they examined very interesting.

Speaking of which I finally finished This Is England '90 yesterday. I can't quite decide atm whether the last episode (Winter) was a bit of an anti-climax or whether I've not really absorbed it yet. Autumn was immense, though.
Autumn was a fantastic piece of writing and acting. Summer was funny. Winter was dark. I don't know what I expected. There were brighter moments but a real feeling of dread began. I was just hoping it wasn't Kelly.

Music Moguls finished this weekend. What a great little documentary series that was. A great inside look at the non-music side of the industry. I really enjoyed it and found each angle they examined very interesting.
Excellent series, well recommended by me too

I have been watching:

Classic teenager anime, perhaps the best ever action teenager anime series. Truly incredible entertainment.

Ouran Highschool Host Club is a very refreshing comedy show. It's very shoujo, specially the main character which is a girl who is disguised as a boy.

Retarded characters and retarded writing, but has some cool vikings atmosphere.

Still got Deutschland 83 to watch. I'm really enjoying War and Peace tho. I've never got round to reading the book, but it has some great goodies and baddies
They made a TV for War and Peace? What now, they will make a TV show based on Dostoievski? I read War and Peace, it's a very good book, in fact, the best novel I recall reading.