Maureen O'Hara RIP

Tools    

Just read on another thread about the passing of this cinematic icon...whether it was her work with John Wayne or the memorable moms she created in Spencer's Mountain, The Parent Trap, or Only the Lonely, this was an actress who always delivered the goods and did it with class and style. Truly the end of an era. I know a campaign was being waged to get the actress an honorary Oscar before her passing and I'm sorry that never came to fruition.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It's always sad when we lose another classic screen icon, and Maureen O'Hara is no exception.

Am I the only one who remembers her movie Cab to Canada (1998)? It was a TV movie, but it was very good.

R.I.P.

I had posted this on the Female Beauty We Appreciate thread, but this thread seems more appropriate place for a tribute.

Maureen O'Hara
passed today Oct 24, 2015, she was 95. Maureen was in a number of loved classic films. She stared her acting career in 1938 and her last performance was in 2000...a very long and active career. Maureen gave us a number of memorable performances in such films as:

How Green Was My Valley (1941)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
The Quiet Man (1952)
The Long Gray Line (1955)
The Parent Trap (1961)
Spencer's Mountain (1963)
McLintock (1963)

Maureen lives on in film.

A few days ago I watched How Green Was My Valley, and she was great in that, I actually Googled her afterwards to see if she was still alive, so it's quite strange and sad that this has happened now. She's fantastic in The Quiet Man.

I don't know why, exactly, but I really like this picture of them, a lot ...

I agree that the loss of Maureen O'Hara truly represents "the end of an era." When Lauren Bacall passed, I was deeply saddened, because she wasn't even sick, or anything. One day here, next day gone. I always thought she was the coolest of all the 40's actresses. But there were still some hanging on, like Maureen and Liz Scott. It's depressing that we are witnessing the departure of a very unique and important generation from a bygone era.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
One of my favorite scenes ever.

From The Quiet Man.

A few days ago I watched How Green Was My Valley, and she was great in that, I actually Googled her afterwards to see if she was still alive, so it's quite strange and sad that this has happened now. She's fantastic in The Quiet Man.
If I had given her an Oscar, it would have been for The Quiet Man.

R.I.P.

How Green Was My Valley (1941)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
The Quiet Man (1952)
The Long Gray Line (1955)
The Parent Trap (1961)
Spencer's Mountain (1963)
McLintock (1963)
I never heard of any of these. I though by the word "classic" meant really important films like North by Northeast, Casablanca, Sunset Boulevard, Psycho, etc.

Anyway, she looked great though. I might try watching some of these films when I have more free time.