Gone Girl

→ in
Tools    

The book's been on my to read list for too long now. I would like to read it before I see the film.
I felt like this but ended up seeing the film first and am now reading the book and it has definitely not spoiled my enjoyment of either.

The book's been on my to read list for too long now. I would like to read it before I see the film.
I would suggest not reading it first honestly. It's so much fun going into the movie without knowing anything except what the trailers tell you and being surprised. Trust me, you don't want the twists and turns spoiled fro you.
Fire walk with me.

So here are a few of my spoiler thoughts. Things that bothered me and took me out of the film a bit. Keep in mind I ranked this movie a
. So in no way do I dislike this movie. I just don't think it is impeccable. Also included are a couple of amended thoughts on Pike's performance.

The three plot holes that bothered me the most ranked from least important to first:

WARNING: "Gone Girl" spoilers below
.....2) Amy still having blood all over her after spending a couple of days in the hospital. I know this was supposed to to have a visual impact in her interview with the FBI and the shower scene. However all impact these scenes should have was completely lost on me because of the blood. Somebody would have washed this man's blood off of her. The shower scene in particular, which should have been one of the best, was idiotic to me because of the blood. This maybe isn't so much a plot hole, but bothered me more than anything else.
This was the one that blew the mood for me. It took a while to get back with the movie after that, which just didn't make sense.

It's going to take a remarkably STRONG performance in the remaining 3 months of the year to convince me otherwise that Rosamund Pike shouldn't win Lead Actress Oscar. That was a powerhouse performance. Also I changed my avatar for the most avatar ready movie shot I'd ever seen haha. So much power in that one movie still of her looking up at the camera.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Saw this last night and I thought it was really good. Not a masterpiece, but a slickly made, entertaining movie. It is a weird mix of thriller and dark comedy, and some of the things that happen are pretty preposterous, but I managed to mostly suspend my disbelief and enjoy the crazy ride. There's some pertinent satire in there about trial by media, and a funny scene in which Tyler Perry pelts Ben Affleck with sweets and tells him his acting is wooden

There were a couple of moments where characters open doors and it's all tense which seemed at first a bit unnecessary, but I think on balance this was Fincher trying to keep the audience guessing about where this movie was going to go. And even though the first major 'twist' in the tale is guessable (I think it was supposed to be, though, as Nick is starting to suspect it himself), I really didn't know where this movie was going after that or where it would end up.

Sure, there were a few plot holes or things glossed over, and I suspect they might bother me more on a repeat viewing. (One thing: if they had had all these money problems why did they have such an enormous house?) There was also a noticeable amount of product placement. Also at times it did feel like they suddenly remembered they were making an adult thriller and therefore ought to have some more sex and strong language, rather than it feeling like natural dialogue or natural interaction between the characters.

I thought the acting was good, even Affleck didn't annoy me too much, or rather since his character was supposed to be kind of an *******, he annoyed me the appropriate amount. Rosamund Pike was good.

Finally, a small point which will probably not affect other people's enjoyment of the movie, but I liked that there were significant female supporting characters: the cop, the sister. It wasn't just all men with this one femme fatale woman in the middle.

Came back after seeing this movie in a multiplex just now in Bombay/India. And the women in the audience just loved it !!

They just loved a woman being so much in control , and the meek husband toeing her line !!

The audience just roared in laughter when one of the characters tells the hero ( in India we call the male leading actor as hero ) '' Just don't piss her off ''

Don't know how to write a review without spoilers . But this thread brought out the best writing abilities among you all . Great reviews....

My review---

Ben Affleck returns home to find out that his wife is gone one day....

He calls in the cops , who begin the investigation....

And the investigation leads to one way---Ben Affleck becomes the prime suspect in her disappearance....

His wife is a celebrity , and the TV channels extensively explore the story....

The common people and especially the women are baying for his blood....

Women presenters run programmes on TV trying to prove that Ben is a murderer , and even his relationship with his sister is tried to be labelled as incestous....

Ben can't move anywhere without being hounded by the cameras and press....

He becomes the number one hated man in America....

So he hires a top notch celebrity lawyer to defend himself....

But the problem for those trying vilify Ben , and indeed those trying to get him convicted is---where is the body ?? And police can't make a clear cut case until his wife's body is found....

So where is the body ??
And what is the meaning of 'Gone girl' ?? Does it mean that his wife is gone ??
Or does it mean that she is/was a 'Gone case' ??

Either way , the cup of Ben's woes brimmeth over....
But just how much does it brimmeth over ??

Watch the movie for that....
The movie has some really stupefying answers for your questions....

Telling any more of the story would be spoiling the fun for you , and because the entertainment of those who read my reviews is uppermost in my mind ( see how much I care about you !! he he ) , I will desist from telling any more details of the movie....

Acting by Ben Affleck is good for once---at last he has become a good actor....
See how he acts in front of a camera faking how much he supposedly loved his wife....
And see how much pain and anguish he really feels at all that is happening around him....

The movie unfolds in flashbacks as a diary written by his wife ( acted out by Rosamund Pike ) is read out to us and she comes to life through the diary....
And the diary tells a story of a lovely marriage hitting the rocks....

And as she comes in the flashbacks , Rosamund puts up a great performance....
I particularly liked the soft way in which she talked , the soft way in which she talked not at all giving any hint of what was to come....
And what was to come , blew my mind away when it came....

I also liked the acting by the actress who played Ben's sister---and the sister is loyal and so supportive all the way, so loving , so caring....Vow !! I wished I had such a sister....Why doesn't God make such women any more....??

The plot twisted and turned several times giving some high blood pressure to weak hearts....
Some parts shown in the film were not realistic , but that is to be expected in this kind of movie---for what is a good movie without these kind of bloopers ??

But it did give some entertainment to savor....
And kept me royally interested throughout...

Verdict---Don't miss it....

As a major David Fincher fan I was aching for its release for a while now.
The king of crime thriller is back and in full force.
For a bit, I was skeptical because of the clearly "out of the box" cast. Names like Ben Affleck, Tyler Perry and Neil Patrick Harris appeared and I for a moment there I was scared if Fincher was finally going to slip up. I was wrong and now i regret doubting this undoubtedly talented director.
Affleck´s way of acting (confused acting and not very believable at times ) plays to his favor in this role of a confused man and Rosamund Pike is just AMAZING in this movie, best work i´ve seen from her to be honest. The story itself is simple at first glance. A guy who walks in to his house and sees some stuff broken and his wife gone. Kidnapped. He´s accused of murder. Pretty common stuff. The way Fincher approaches it and the way the story progresses is a much different thing.
I don´t want to give away anymore since it´s the type of movie best gone in without information. I can give you this, it´s the most satisfying crime thriller drama experience i´ve had in a few years and iv´e had A LOT. It´s intelligent and Fincher-like dark almost like a neo-noir like Seven or Zodiac but a little less mature but more family oriented and just a bit different overall.
If you haven´t seen it yet, go ahead, it´s worth the 2hr. 25 minutes u spend watching it.

4 out of 5
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gone_Girl_Poster.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	20894  

Just watched it. This is standard stuff- I have no idea why people are acting like it's a great piece of art. Not only is it deadly slow- even after the twist- it's frequently predictable. It's fine enough as a rental for a Friday night but that is the kind of level it stays at.

the girl is pathetic, shes crazy

I have to return some videotapes.
Just watched it. This is standard stuff- I have no idea why people are acting like it's a great piece of art. Not only is it deadly slow- even after the twist- it's frequently predictable. It's fine enough as a rental for a Friday night but that is the kind of level it stays at.
Deadly slow is an opinion, I thought it was perfectly paced.

Last time i Watched gone girl movie online at theartre with lot of friends ...

i like to watch movies with friends..

Awesome movie, last week i watch this movie and i will give 7/10 for Gone Girl.