Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If you ignore the subtitles, it looks like an intro to a hot lesbian action pr0n video.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I have to return some videotapes.

I think a critic said it best.. If you aren't feeling lonely right now you very well may be by the time you've finished. The connection between Murray and Johansson was remarkable, but sometimes I felt like it could have been a bit faster paced. The ending though... the feels.

Sorry Cole. At least you liked Mystic.
Oh no I enjoyed it very much. I guess people think I rate super high, but usually I don't post on movies I don't like very much. I did enjoy it, and it's my favorite Coppola movie so far.. given i've only seen The Bling Ring which was ok at best.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
LOL. A lot of people wish many films were more fast paced, while I, on the other hand, sometimes wish a film was more slow paced.

Red Tails (2012)

I wanted to see a modern movie about WWII aerial combat. This is the newest I could find. I should have known better. All the actual combat is CGI, and not exactly top quality at that, acting is bad, and generally I felt like I was watching Friday more than I was watching a WWII movie.

It's a really bad movie and it's a shame because the story deserves better.

Battle of Britain (1969)

I learned my lesson after Red Tails and decided to go for something more old fashioned. This time I was treated with real planes, pretty damn good special effects, and the feel of a proper war movie.

I do have some complaints, though. Character development was barely there, the music was so terrible that I'd actually prefer the movie had none, it suffers for the common disease of 60's editing (it drags on a bit), and the female characters were written poorly and acted even worse.

Still, it's pretty solid on the overall.

Beyond the Lights

My girlfriend picked this out on Netflix. I guess it actually came out in theaters, I thought it was a TV movie. Enormously goofy and laugh out loud stupid, but entertaining.

3:10 to Yuma (1957)

-

From the top 100 Westerns list, this movie is solid all the way around; a good job by the cast, a decent story, it looks good, and as Mark said, it has a great theme song. I thought it was a little more psychological than many of the Westerns I've seen, and I liked that.

Might have to check that out cricket, sounds interesting. Especially how you say it's a little different, sounds like what I'm looking for in terms of westerns lately...

I thought 3:10 to Yuma was solid... right up until the arbitrary happy ending. I much preferred Mangold's version.
You mean....... THE CHRISTIAN BALE VERSION?

You mean....... THE CHRISTIAN BALE VERSION?

I mean the James Mangold/Russell Crowe/Ben Foster version, that unfortunately also has that one wooden "actor" dude in it.

I mean the James Mangold/Russell Crowe/Ben Foster version, that unfortunately also has that one wooden "actor" dude in it.
Christian Bale >>> Russell Crowe anytime