The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Italian Up? I thought the Pixar one was bad enough. Though if it heads off in the Russ Meyer direction I'll be far more interested in it.

Blow-Up is very good - in my top 3 Antonioni films. I thought he could have had as many as five films make this list but now seeing Blow-Up this low on the countdown I'm not so sure. Don't think I've seen The Italian Job.

My list:

8. The Human Condition III
22. Viridiana
25. Fail-Safe

Seen 12 of 16

Blow-Up is very good - in my top 3 Antonioni films.
Don't get me wrong, it's in my top 3 Antonioni films, too. In fact, it's my favourite film of his that I've seen.

Just about to watch Black Sunday which will take me to seven watched. Looking forward to it because I'm in the mood for horror and it looks really interesting.

Kinky? Really? I had to study this thing in film class and there's nothing kinky about it unless you have a fetish for boredom.
You took a film class?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Blowjob > Blow-Up > Blow-Out
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Master of My Domain
Blowjob > Blow-Up > Blow-Out
Nonsense. You're a hipster cinephile, you're supposed to love artsy more than horny!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
PS: I don't mean Warhol's film Blow Job. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Blow-Up was my first Antonioni and is so far my favourite. Had it at number 20.

That's the first to show up from my list.

I had never heard of Barefoot in the Park until I saw it on a list, either. There'll be certain people on here who will be delighted it managed to make it though
That would be me. I love this movie.

8. Barefoot in the Park

Just watched Blow-Up and I thought it was fairly average. It's only my second Antonioni but I found L'Avventura far more fascinating.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Just watched Blow-Up and I thought it was fairly average. It's only my second Antonioni but I found L'Avventura far more fascinating.
Edward Yang's Blow-Up inspired film, The Terrorizers (which I believe made the 80s list), I like a lot more.