What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Hate the changed title and cliché poster for this Scandinavian release, but that doesn't change how awesome this film is. Probably my favorite martial arts movie...

The Raid 2: Barandal (2014)

A new Vintage Stock opened in my area and I got

Then went to Hastings in St Joseph Missouri and got these each for $1.99

Yup, + rep for Tesis which is a great little thriller. Better than Schumacher's similarly themed 8MM (which I also like).

Even though it's cheesy, I have a real soft spot for Mother of Tears despite it being the weakest of Argento's 'Three Mothers' trilogy. It has none of the visual flair or surreal atmosphere of Suspiria and Inferno, plus Simonetti's soundtrack can't begin to approach the brilliance of his previous work with Goblin, or Keith Emerson's music for Inferno. You just can't argue with a film in which a man is strangled to death by his own intestines though, and the punky looking witches are unintentionally hilarious to me.

4M, 3W & 2D, The Secret in Their Eyes and Tesis are great films.
Yup, + rep for Tesis which is a great little thriller. Better than Schumacher's similarly themed 8MM (which I also like).

Even though it's cheesy, I have a real soft spot for Mother of Tears despite it being the weakest of Argento's 'Three Mothers' trilogy. It has none of the visual flair or surreal atmosphere of Suspiria and Inferno, plus Simonetti's soundtrack can't begin to approach the brilliance of his previous work with Goblin, or Keith Emerson's music for Inferno. You just can't argue with a film in which a man is strangled to death by his own intestines though, and the punky looking witches are unintentionally hilarious to me.
You have to admit, the price I paid for the movies wasnt bad.... I got Tesis (I love Amenabar films) and The Secret in Their Eyes for $1.99. Even Mother of Tears was that price. I did pay $5.99 for 4M, 3W and 2D... I seen it before tho.

I have seen Tesis and The Secret in their Eyes.... before..

I love Ricardo Darin films (TSITE) and I have seen many of his films. My movie buddy is Argentine like Darin.. so of course I have had to watch them!

I am going to put a moratorium on buying DVDs for a bit. To catch up with the DVDs I already bought and to focus on clearing out my Hulu queue. But first I ordered these Blu Rays.

Dr Strangelove
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Shining
Heaven's Gate (Criterion Collection)

I have to return some videotapes.
Forgot, I also ordered the Blu Ray for American Psycho as well.

Also, I think we bought the same thing.. did you get your Kubricks on amazon?

Also, I think we bought the same thing.. did you get your Kubricks on amazon?
Yes, but I did not get the Kubrick 3 pack. The Dr Strangelove Blu Ray was the most expensive of the set. But it is my second favorite movie of all time. Plus I ordered a poster for it too. And a Taxi Driver collectible.

I am going to put a moratorium on buying DVDs for a bit. To catch up with the DVDs I already bought and to focus on clearing out my Hulu queue. But first I ordered these Blu Rays.

Dr Strangelove
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Shining
Heaven's Gate (Criterion Collection)
Forgot, I also ordered the Blu Ray for American Psycho as well.
Wow. You're just throwing money away, aren't you?

Hate the changed title and cliché poster for this Scandinavian release, but that doesn't change how awesome this film is. Probably my favorite martial arts movie...

The Raid 2: Barandal (2014)

awesome !!!!

I'm slowly replacing most of my animated DVD collection with blu rays. Since I need to rewatch this movie for the Animated Musicals HOF, I figured this one would be next up for replacement.

Got my first order from the Criterion sale. This is the film I wanted the most out of ones I would like, so will see about the others tomorrow, just wanted to get this one ordered. Although, got this one from Amazon as it was a little cheaper and Amazon seem to be faster when it comes to shipping internationally compared to Barnes & Noble.

Got my first order from the Criterion sale. This is the film I wanted the most out of ones I would like, so will see about the others tomorrow, just wanted to get this one ordered. Although, got this one from Amazon as it was a little cheaper and Amazon seem to be faster when it comes to shipping internationally compared to Barnes & Noble.

Im going to get that soon..I looked at it today.. after I bought

Alien and Aliens because I haven't seen them