Ghosts of Mars

→ in
Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Snuck into this today after I saw Jay and Silent Bob(naughty me!) It was ok. 2 out of 4 stars. But heres my gripes with itspoilers maybe)

It just wasn't very griping. It's all told as a flashback, which I guess worked, but you kinda knew what was going to happen. The characters were kinda built up, but only vaguely. When one died, you didn't really feel any emotions.

It was atmospheric, but it wasn't scary. You really got a good Mars impression, but nothing was truly scary. Some of the stuff was kinda gross, but nothing intense.

Sadly, the thing I liked most was the military tactics they used towards the end of the movie. Very smart idea, and I've never seen it in a movie before. It's a small thing, and not many people would notice it, but I thought it was cool.

I'd say wait for it to come out on cable, maybe rent it if your bored. Glad I didn't pay for this one.

So its not as good as the 2nd half of Pitch black? (1st half was boring.)

This movie is HORRIBLE! We walked out right in the middle of it. It's really that bad.

Originally posted by PigsnieLite
So its not as good as the 2nd half of Pitch black? (1st half was boring.)
Opposite for me...first half was more interesting. The whole concept of a planet like that, and them arriving at such an incredibly unfortunate time, is very cool...the 2nd half, however, didn't execute on that idea very well, I don't think.

Anyway, I will NOT be seeing Ghosts of Mars. The quality of the film looks very second-rate. It looks like a B+ movie.

Originally posted by Timing
This movie is HORRIBLE! We walked out right in the middle of it. It's really that bad.
Which? Pitch Black, if so, why is it so horrbile?

I thought the idea of demon thingies scuttlin after you in the dark was good & creepy. So i liked the 2nd half better. And then there was that great scene when Van Diesel saw with his special vision all the winged monsters flyin out of the mountaintops, it was WAY better than the PROPhecy angels in the sky scene.

I was talkin about Ghosts of Mars, it was terrible. I liked the concept of the creatures and stuff but it was just really poorly made and poorly cast. Ice Cube and Natasha Henstridge? Were Master P and Pam Anderson not available or something? It reminded me of the Night of the Living Dead movies.

I liked Pitch Black, the creatures were awesome.

I thought Henstridge wasn't bad at all. Ice Cube was decent. I think it was a good try by Carpenter, but it just wasn't going to be great if it were done any other way.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
They should have combined Mission To Mars, Red Planet, and Ghosts of Mars all into one movie. Mission to Find the Ghosts of the Red Planet.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

i was just wondering...how was the actor from "snatch" and "lock stock and two smoking barrels"?...how was his acting...he was one reason y i wanted to see this movie but after reading and hearing ppl's reviews...i hav still yet to see it and probably wont'...i was just wondering how was "turkish" in the movie?

He was good. He played a character that was basically trying to score with the lead female the whole time, but still could do his job as needed. His performance was great. Very believable, for the role at least. He fit he character perfectly.

Acting wasn't the downside of this movie. It just wasn't a very good movie.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I enjoyed it but then again I paid nothing to see it. I happen to like quite a few of those cast in it. The creatures were somewhat interesting. I found the rock music each time they attacked amusing. The Frisbee weapons were awfully cool IMO. I laughed a lot.

I also thought this had a good cast, and liked the idea, but it was really slow, the monsters looked rubbish, and the heavy metal music ruined it for me. Nothing against heavy metal, just not a fan when it's used with action scenes in movies, somehow it just sounds naff. I love Lamberto Bava's Demons though and that's got loads of 80's metal on the soundtrack; I'm just fussy I guess.