Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Greatest Sidekick Ever
Amadeus- (1984) (Milos Forman)

One of the few movies with great amount of substance in it starting from great acting, great directing to everything else that makes movies and music go in unison. We watch as F. Murray Abraham's Salieri and Tom Hulce's Mozart show us that our own greed and envy will be the eventual destination of our own destruction. This isn't just a movie but a war with ourselves, a war with God, and a war with our own pride. One of the best movies I have seen so far, what a masterpiece!

9.6/10 Meths

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2015)

Not as good as the first but it was still fun to see what the characters were up to, especially Douglas and Evelyn.

3.5/5

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Millennium Mambo
-
My rating as well. The opening shot is a bliss.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Purge: Anarchy

Pretty "meh" about this one...Best thing about this movie is the masks that some of the gang members wear, as seen above.

2.5 / 5

EDIT: I do think this sequel is far better than the first Purge movie. The setting and overall storyline is just more natural, and less ridiculous.

wanabe movie critique
Kingsman: The Secret Service

Overrated! I would give it 6.5/10. Boring script with bad action scenes makes it a torture to sit through the entire 2 hour show.

last film i watched was escape from alcatraz!

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
My rating as well. The opening shot is a bliss.

I prefer the opening shot of Flowers of Shanghai, but this is probably the second greatest opening shot in a Hou film (though The Puppetmaster also has a glorious, complex, and provocative opening. Damn, Hou is just too good!). Millennium Mambo is pretty good Hou, but there's a pretty sharp decline in quality I think from his 90s films.

Missing (1982) by Costa-Gavras

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Tokyo Story (1953)

[rating ]*I don't have the balls*[/rating]

After I post my score in the Movie Tab its best if I just leave MoFo for a few days.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Birdman of Alcatraz - 10/10

If anyone is wondering why I saw this film for a 3rd time in the last 3 weeks, it's because I woke up this morning at 5 (6am) and didn't wanna watch something new. I went and got 6 movies from your recommendations from the "best films on loneliness" and thought if I did something other than laying there, I might get tired. Even if I got sleep, I'd seen this movie already. This time though there were subtitles, and there were a few homophones or words I didn't catch the first few times. I watched the entire film, and then took a 2 hour nap.

I'll keep the review short, since I've done it before. I'd love to do commentary on this with anyone willing. Such a great film, every line is so strong, encompasses so much. Based on Alcatraz' most famous prisoner, Robert Stroud. I was in SF last year, but the idea of going to an old prison is not my cup of tea, especially when the tours are at 6am. I guess they let you go into the "hole" - I might reconsider, as I plan on making a yearly pilgrimage.

Tokyo Story (1953)

[rating ]*I don't have the balls*[/rating]

After I post my score in the Movie Tab its best if I just leave MoFo for a few days.
Ah, come on! If you rate it 10 or 0, you can't go wrong, it's your opinion, no one should feel pressure to like or dislike anything... I think I gave it a 7.

You should check out the original "Make Way For Tomorrow" (Leo McCarey).

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
The Bluelion I knew was stronger than this.

@Matt, while Make Way for Tomorrow is certainly an influence on Tokyo Story, as well as a great film, I'd hardly call it the original.

I don't care if you didn't jive with Ozu, just don't be a wimp about it!
Well I'm not giving up on Ozu just yet, I just don't want to open a can of worms with this one. Someone like Minio would ban me for good if he was an admin, let's face it

The Bluelion I knew was stronger than this.

@Matt, while Make Way for Tomorrow is certainly an influence on Tokyo Story, as well as a great film, I'd hardly call it the original.
I read something somewhere where Ozu said something to the extent, but there are definite differences. I think they are both very good movies.