The MOFO Rant Thread

Tools    

That guy with the Alien avatar.
Then you underestimate people, i have no doubt that people have worked on Alien Screenplays alot harder and for alot longer than you, that's not to say they are better than yours or vice-versa, but it's reality. The main thing that's holding you back is that you are attaching yourself to an already established Franchise, again why not come up with an Original story? At every turn i'm taking you less and less seriously.. sorry, i wish you the best of luck .
I have several original novels that I'm getting published soon, and several sequels that are WIPs in their own right. The Alien 5 news has really lit a fire under my ass, though.

It snowed all night long, it was still snowing when he called, and it continued to snow until about an hour ago, so it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if he didn't have to go to work, he wasn't was going anywhere. The only purpose a phone call that early served was to disturb his sleep.
On the other hand, maybe the boss called early so he wouldn't forget.

Depending on the laws in your area, if you show up for work at your scheduled time and get sent home early, your employer owes you something called Reporting Time Pay so it may be important that the boss lets your husband know asap.

It snowed all night long, it was still snowing when he called, and it continued to snow until about an hour ago, so it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if he didn't have to go to work, he wasn't was going anywhere. The only purpose a phone call that early served was to disturb his sleep.
OK?? Not sure how any of that relates to me saying i'd prefer an early call from my boss to inform me i had the day off? All i took from this was that it was snowing .

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
On the other hand, maybe the boss called early so he wouldn't forget.

His boss could have written himself a note so he wouldn't forget, or programmed a reminder alarm into his cell phone about it. There was no excuse for calling him that early.

Depending on the laws in your area, if you show up for work at your scheduled time and get sent home early, your owes you something called Reporting Time Pay so it may be important that the boss lets your husband know asap.

His boss has done that in the past too. (Waited for hubby to get to work, and then told him that they don't need him, and he should go home.) Hubby's never gotten paid for those days.

His boss is just a very inconsiderate person.

His boss could have written himself a note so he wouldn't forget, or programmed a reminder alarm into his cell phone about it. There was no excuse for calling him that early.
Exactly when would this reminder alarm go off?

"REMINDER! REMINDER! Hubby doesn't like to be phoned that there's no work today until late in the afternoon, after he's slept!"

I have several original novels that I'm getting published soon, and several sequels that are WIPs in their own right. The Alien 5 news has really lit a fire under my ass, though.
OK again good luck

OK?? Not sure how any of that relates to me saying i'd prefer an early call from my boss to inform me i had the day off? All i took from this was that it was snowing .

Basically the whole city was snowed in, so there was no way that anyone was going anywhere today if they didn't have to. The only purpose of the phone call that early was to wake him so he could go back to sleep. It was inconsiderate to call that early.

Exactly when would this reminder alarm go off?

"REMINDER! REMINDER! Hubby doesn't like to be phoned that there's no work today until late in the afternoon, after he's slept!"

Anytime after around 10:00 AM would have been okay, but 7:45 AM is just inconsiderate. You don't have to be a genius to realize that someone who doesn't have to be at work until 3:00 PM is probably sleeping that early.

Well, maybe (if it was possible) he could send a quiet text or an e-mail message around 7 AM saying there's no work, and call him again later in the day just to be sure he got the message.

If you say so.

His boss has done that in the past too. (Waited for hubby to get to work, and then told him that they don't need him, and he should go home.) Hubby's never gotten paid for those days.
Then "hubby" needs to look up the laws in your area and see if he's entitled to reporting time pay.

7.45 AM is not early, i'd only be annoyed if my boss phoned before 6 AM. I get what you are saying gbg, but he is your Husbands boss; i still don't know why him informing you as early as possible that he had a day off is a bad thing. Also i'm not a Rocket Scientist or Genius (everyone is shocked), but you always producing that line in your comments does not add or take away points from anything you say.

The real question is -- why did it take you over 2 hours to fall asleep again?

I mean, seriously -- did you really spend all that time in bed angry because the boss called??? You couldn't relax at all after that?????

Maybe it's all those toys she has decorated all over her house. Maybe she can't sleep because they're all staring at her. It takes awhile for her to ignore all the plastic Disney Princesses and the Woody and Buzz dolls from Toy Story giving her salacious/murderous looks. That would probably keep me awake, too.

The real question is -- why did it take you over 2 hours to fall asleep again?

I mean, seriously -- did you really spend all that time in bed angry because the boss called??? You couldn't relax at all after that?????

I don't know why, but I've always had trouble falling asleep, regardless of how tired I am at the time.

Maybe it's all those toys she has decorated all over her house. Maybe she can't sleep because they're all staring at her. It takes awhile for her to ignore all the plastic Disney Princesses and the Woody and Buzz dolls from Toy Story giving her salacious/murderous looks. That would probably keep me awake, too.

The bedroom has a Marvin the Martian display, not Disney.

I don't know why, but I've always had trouble falling asleep, regardless of how tired I am at the time.
I think stuff must be on your mind.

The bedroom has a Marvin the Martian display, not Disney.
Do you secretly yearn to be abducted by aliens at night?

I'm the same, though I usually find falling back to sleep quite easy. But I can lay there for hours waiting to go to sleep, even when I knackered.

If it was yesterday right now, gbgoodies would be wide awake. I wonder if she is now. Someone call her and find out.