Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

How to train your dragon 1 & 2

The dragon was so cute I couldn't do other than adore it. What can I say, I'm a weak woman.

Overall the movies were ok, which made me sad is that after seeing the first one I immediately guessed what the second one is going to be about. And I was right. Quite dissapointed about being right without looking at spoilers, but the movie was still good. Nothing special but far from bad at my eyes.

Hi everyone, I am trying to build a good youtube channel for reviews, this is a new style I am trying, what do you guys think? Honnest opinion plz

As much as I didn't want to watch this because of my fear of spiders, I watched Charlotte's Web for the animation list, and it was better than I expected it to be, but keep in mind that I watched some of it through my fingers the way some people watch horror movies.
If I ever hit a car in a parking lot and try to get away with it, and you're chasing me down and taking pictures of my license plate like you did that one girl, I'm going to draw a picture of a spider and throw it at you.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
If I ever hit a car in a parking lot and try to get away with it, and you're chasing me down and taking pictures of my license plate like you did that one girl, I'm going to draw a picture of a spider and throw it at you.

That would probably work.

One night, I was driving during a thunderstorm, when a spider walked across the windshield INSIDE the car. I was right near a police station, so I immediately pulled the car over, and got out, (in the pouring rain), and flagged down a police officer to kill the spider.

He thought I was crazy, (and he may have been right), but he killed the spider for me.

Hi everyone, I am trying to build a good youtube channel for reviews, this is a new style I am trying, what do you guys think? Honnest opinion plz
Much better this time around!

Some suggestion to get better could be:
- Be sure to variate your different points, topics and mostly your language, so 'great' and 'movie' and stuff like that isn't said too much and make it all too repetitive and eventually boring to listen to.

- Get to the point faster. That means not too much chit-chat, especially a much shorter summary of the movie as most people only need the basics. They can read the summary on the internet. What they can't read though, and what you can give them, is a good review. So be sure to focus on that, and not so much explaining the overall plot and movie.

- Either get really good at remembering what you are going to say or do the much easier and preferred way: throw in some quick edits so you barely have any pauses or 'buts' in there. It makes it sound/look smoother and more professional. Look at this guy's edits for example:

But it's always nice to see someone with passion for movies and wanting to express themselves, talk about them, and so on! Keep up!

Make a better place

Reclaim 2014

feels a little like In The Blood 2014, it has a similar story and feel, although In The Blood is in action movie (a good one)

I wasn't a giant fan of the first two Dirty Harry films (Dirty Harry and Magnum Force) but I still found them enjoyable and good movies. The Enforcer however, was pretty bland. It didn't have surprises or twists like the first two films and not overall very interesting or fun. Clint's Harry character isn't as awesome as he was before and having his sidekick being a women was pointless
WARNING: "The Enforcer" spoilers below
and her death was predictable. Almost to the painful level.

8 Mile (2002) by Curtis Hanson
+

This movie does a lovely job of portraying the tension and danger of living in an urban environment like Detroit. I thought someone was going to die or get severely injured in at least two scenes in this movie. The scenes of Rabbit's home life and work fit in well with the theme and were sharply executed. I could have done without the love story and I wanted to see more of the underground rap scene. Then again I probably could watch two hours of Eminem rap battles without any story.

Make a better place

Predestination 2014

a Mind Bending movie

I'm not going to rate it know, I've just watched it and I'm not sure if I understand all of it, although I do understand most of it.

It's a very interesting movie definitely worth checking out (a must actually) one of my best in 2014

Plus, I believe it's one of Ethan's top performances

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Rango

I've finally seen it Daniel. And it is good.

Reviews

About time. I'll try and repay you by watching The Brave Little Toaster before I submit my list
I watched it last night

Anything else you want me to watch in time for this one?

I watched it last night

Anything else you want me to watch in time for this one?
I suspect you will have watched the majority of animation that will make my list. I hope you have seen and like Fantastic Mr. Fox. My Neighbor Totoro is a good anime if they're eligible for the list (lol). Waking Life is good and different, watch that. I still have a few films I want to watch myself though, Akira, A Scanner Darkly, Waltz with Bashir and maybe some more anime stuff.

I suspect you will have watched the majority of animation that will make my list. I hope you have seen and like Fantastic Mr. Fox. My Neighbor Totoro is a good anime if they're eligible for the list (lol). Waking Life is good and different, watch that. I still have a few films I want to watch myself though, Akira, A Scanner Darkly, Waltz with Bashir and maybe some more anime stuff.
I have indeed seen Fantastic Mr. Fox, and it will more than likely be making my list unless something drastic changes my mind in the next few days. There's still a few more Studio Ghibli films I need to see to complete the collection, and there's a few Disney films I want to re-watch like Aladdin and the like (because it's been years since I've seen them. I've only seen The Lion King once when I was younger). Apart from that, there's Mary and Max and others still left. I've got a busy few days.

Animal Farm (1954)

Strong political subject and very well executed. A little harsh for kids maybe, but it is still a movie that can entertain and educate all. I was pretty surprised actually, I thought it was going to be mediocre at best, but there were plenty of turns, changes of pace and good animation throughout to keep me more than interested!

And it's surprising that it is from the 50's. It still holds up very well, and not just because of its subject. Great animated movie.

Perfect Blue (1997)

A drama-thriller disguised as "just another anime". It's not. The story is so much more; ambitious, tense, exciting and nightmarish. I was kept in my seat all the way through and the playful editing was also a great joy to look at.

It's a pretty crazy ride, but in some way the film feels grounded throughout and even if I sometimes got a bit confused it didn't take me out of the story. It felt fitting and as a part of "the experience" so to speak. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I have indeed seen Fantastic Mr. Fox, and it will more than likely be making my list unless something drastic changes my mind in the next few days. There's still a few more Studio Ghibli films I need to see to complete the collection, and there's a few Disney films I want to re-watch like Aladdin and the like (because it's been years since I've seen them. I've only seen The Lion King once when I was younger). Apart from that, there's Mary and Max and others still left. I've got a busy few days.
This is a massive post I did a while back, a few of the films could switch around a bit, but yeah, animations I have seen:

GREAT
Rango
The Wrong Trousers
Duck Amuck
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Monsters, Inc.
Tale of Tales
My Neighbor Totoro
Chicken Run
Fantastic Planet
Fantasia
The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Princess Mononoke
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (if eligible)
The Iron Giant
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Alice In Wonderland
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Frankenweenie
The Dream of a Ridiculous Man
Dimensions of Dialogue
Outer Space (if eligible)
VERY GOOD
Spirited Away
The Simpsons Movie
WALL·E
Toy Story 2
Up
Vincent
King-Size Canary
A Close Shave
A Grand Day Out
Presto
Paperman
Harvie Krumpet
The Lego Movie
The Incredibles
Finding Nemo
How to Train Your Dragon
Ratatouille
Toy Story 3
Tarzan
Peter Pan
Mary and Max
Kung Fu Panda 2
A Matter of Loath and Death
Everything Will Be Ok
Out of these, I hope the none underlined ones don't make it as they are mainly average:

GOOD
Tangled
Brave
Toy Story
Kung Fu Panda
Geri's Game
The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!
Pinocchio
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast

Monsters University
Howl's Moving Castle
Happy Feet
Sleeping Beauty
The Princess and the Frog
Grave of the Fireflies (should maybe rewatch)

ParaNorman
Bolt
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
Robin Hood
Dumbo
The Fox and the Hound
Fresh Guacamole
Western Spaghetti
The Critic
The Lion King
The Emperor's New Groove
DECENT
The Lady and the Tramp
Winnie the Pooh
Arthur Christmas
Porco Rosso
Frozen
Wreck-It Ralph
Despicable Me
Cars
Cars 2
Madagascar
Shrek
Lilo & Stitch
A Bug's Life
Ice Age
Treasure Planet
The Aristocats
Bambi Meets Godzilla (funny, difficult to rate)
NOT WORTH WATCHING
Garfield
The Little Mermaid
Hercules
Despicable Me 2
The Croods
Hotel Transylvania
Over the Hedge
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Meet The Robinsons
Anastasia
Puss In Boots
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Shrek 2
Shark Tale
Horton Hears a Who!
Space Jam (not sure if eligible)
Hoodwinked!
Stuart Little
Garfield 2
Open Season
Stuart Little 2
Robots
Rio
The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Shrek The Third
The Smurfs
Shrek Forever After
Antz
Chicken Little
Planes
The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (if eligible)
Alvin and the Chipmunks

I think I pretty much agree with a lot of that Dan, although there's a few here and there which are debatable, and I really am surprised that I'm not the only person to think Kung Fu Panda 2 is better than the first