Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Despite several jokes that did made me laugh, there are also many jokes I thought were stupid (in a bad way) and I didn't like either the Omegas or Deltas.

This is one of my uncle's favorite movies and I'm seeing him to tomorrow.

That's me with your uncle in the hooded black robes. That's you bent over in the middle.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I'm watching Lolita (1962) and after 20 minutes I just paused to come here and say one thing:

PETER SELLERS IS THE MAN!

Cape Fear (1962)

The remake was always a favorite of mine, but at this point in my life, I may like this one better. While the remake is memorable for being entertaining and over the top, this one is probably more solid all around. I thought it delivered true scares in a more realistic manner.

I watched this about a month ago. I enjoy it a lot too, and I thought it would be the type of film you would enjoy, I'm not sure if I mentioned it to you. So yeh, glad you liked it Not seen the remake yet.

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Dark Knight Rises (rewatch)

Pretty rubbish. Nolan is a competent director I suppose, but this film has a wretched odor of complete and utter laziness. Cringeworthy dialogue, crap pacing, muddled narrative, plot holes at every turn, incoherent themes, turdy fight choreography, and just general lack of intelligence. Nolan movies entertain, but they are in no way "intelligent" or "deep". There are great mainstream directors such as Fincher and PTA, but Nolan is not one of them in my eyes. He's the McDonalds of cinema. Cheap,easy to digest, but it sure as hell ain't anything special.

I suppose I'm not the target demographic though. I'm not a 15-year old.

No, he's not Michael Bay lol. He's somewhere above Zach Snyder, but below Fincher. He's an "ok" director. TDKR is a disaster though,no getting around that.

Nolan is between Ben Affleck and the Wachowskis http://i.imgur.com/bY7vA.png
Lol. Not that bad of a chart honestly.

tfw only a level 4 pleb

Lol. Not that bad of a chart honestly.

tfw only a level 4 pleb
I think it's from reddit. I just love how pretentious, pugnacious and offensive it is, especially the descriptions

I don't get why it's so cool to hate Nolan nowadays. I mentioned it in another thread recently, but loads of people seem to use the "not intelligent/deep" comment to insult his films and in a way belittle anyway who enjoys them more than you do, I think it's slightly pretentious in a way that your stating in a matter of fact way that people should not be allowed to rate films higher because they're not as intelligent/deep as you think they should be. I enjoyed the film quite a bit when I first saw it, and whilst I would rate it slightly less now, and do think it's the most problematic of the trilogy, I still think it's a good film, and a very good one for it's target audience, which is clearly evident by how the majority of fans would rate it.

I don't hate the man at all, he just doesn't deserve all the acclaim he receives. Most of my criticisms with the film are very valid, as the film is genuinely very flawed and problematic. His movies are very watchable and easy to digest, but that by no means makes them great. My favorite films are ones that can hold up to analysis and evaluation, Nolan films are the exact opposite of that.

Like I said, he's just "ok".

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible

Lolita (1962)

Finally I finished Kubrick's filmography and... Wow... I wasn't expecting this!

Astonishing since the minute 1 till the end! I never read the book, and I heard that this movie is very different from it but still, Nabokov wrote the script and he did it amazingly well! It's hard to find a movie with such literary type of writing! It looked like I was reading a book sometimes!

Peter Sellers (as Quilty) is unique, a truly force of nature! I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoyed every second of his psychotic performance.
James Mason and Sue Lyon are great too as Prof. Humbert and Lolita, respectively. I'm just not sure about Shelley Winters! Sometimes she convinces me, other times it just feels like she's trying too much!

There are some stuff I would like to have seen more developed, but in general is one of Kubrick's finest! Loved it!

9/10

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Nolan is between Ben Affleck and the Wachowskis http://i.imgur.com/bY7vA.png
I'm level ∞ easily. But why is Kirsanoff ∞ level? His films are quite accesible compared to Brakhage or Snow.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I think it's from reddit. I just love how pretentious, pugnacious and offensive it is, especially the descriptions
I know right? George Lucas is more KVLT and artsy then Spielberg? Spielberg made Schindler's List and Lincoln. As opposed to Toy Boy Lucas who has turned to the Dark Side.

The Dark Knight Rises (rewatch)

Nolan movies entertain, but they are in no way "intelligent" or "deep". There are great mainstream directors such as Fincher and PTA, but Nolan is not one of them in my eyes. He's the McDonalds of cinema. Cheap,easy to digest, but it sure as hell ain't anything special.

I suppose I'm not the target demographic though. I'm not a 15-year old.
You see, Nolan is able to make movies which may not be all that deep but they are also definitely not shallow. As a result, his flicks respect the fact that the viewer has a brain (unlike so many other movie makers. I'm looking at you, Bay.), while at the same time without coming off pretentious and unnecessarily artsy. I, for one, appreciate that.

The Last Stand

A great return for Arnold.
I was blown away by The Last Stand, especially since I wasn't expecting much. It was a great thrill ride from start to finish. Minor "reality" flaws, but I didn't even care because I was expecting the cheese. It was cheesy on all the right levels. Where Commando was cheesy on the wrong levels! IMO at least
Loved this movie! It's just FUN

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Cape Fear (1962)

The remake was always a favorite of mine, but at this point in my life, I may like this one better. While the remake is memorable for being entertaining and over the top, this one is probably more solid all around. I thought it delivered true scares in a more realistic manner.

I still prefer the remake to the original. But glad you liked it.