Best Biography Movie Titles?

Tools    

Hello, i'm new here. Can anyone give suggestion for some biography movie titles? I think I need some figure who can inspire me. thanks

Lord High Filmquisitor
You want inspiring figures?Temple Grandin's a good one for that, as is City of God.

Although not 100% inspiring, both Hitchcock and Stage Beauty are great biographical film.

You want inspiring figures?Temple Grandin's a good one for that. Although not 100% inspiring, Hitchcock is a great biographical film.
Hitchcock was good, Temple Grandin...is that new movie? thanks

Lord High Filmquisitor
It's not new, but it was made for TV (the rare kind that are critically well-received). It came out in 2010 and starred Claire Danes. It follows the life of an autistic woman as she goes to college and becomes a revered scientist who pioneered human ways of slaughtering livestock.

I'm reading Temple Grandin's review on IMDB, the movie rated 8.4, wow ...

Just here for the free donuts
It's not new, but it was made for TV (the rare kind that are critically well-received). It came out in 2010 and starred Claire Danes. It follows the life of an autistic woman as she goes to college and becomes a revered scientist who pioneered human ways of slaughtering livestock.
That's actually on HBOGO right now and I thought about watching it the other night...then I landed on White Men Can't Jump. I'll have to give it a whirl.

"White Men Can't Jump" is an hysterically funny movie that is one of the funniest I've seen

Lord High Filmquisitor
More than anything else, the movie understands autism and the struggles facing those who have it. Although not quite a twenty-first century Rain Man, it's very well-written and well-acted. It's definitely worth watching if you don't mind inspirational movies (not my typical cup of tea, but this one works for me).

Just here for the free donuts
"White Men Can't Jump" is an hysterically funny movie that is one of the funniest I've seen
It just makes me want to go out and practice my jump shot.

As of today, Yankee Doodle Dandy is my favorite Biography movie. Ed Wood would probably come in second.

Don't know how inspiring one would find Ed Wood but Yankee Doodle Dandy I think can be inspiring to some.

Even though I haven't seen it, I heard from my Uncle Pride of the Yankees is a wonderful movie about Lou Gehrig.

The word you're looking for is 'biopic'

Kill the Irishman
To Hell and Back
Lawrence of Arabia
12 years a slave
Ray
Bonnie and Clyde
The Fighter
Raging Bull

Lord High Filmquisitor
I don't know if I'd call Raging Bull inspiring in the least. The protagonist is as reproachable as they come, and the ending is such a downer for him.

Some of my favorite movie biographies:

Ray

Coal Miner's Daughter

Great Balls of Fire

Sweet Dreams

Yankee Doodle Dandy

De-Lovely

The Seven Little Foys

Lawrence of Arabia

Walk the Line

Lenny

My Left Foot

Silkwood

Life with Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows

Malcolm X

The word you're looking for is 'biopic'

Kill the Irishman
To Hell and Back
Lawrence of Arabia
12 years a slave
Ray
Bonnie and Clyde
The Fighter
Raging Bull
I've watched 12 years a slave, I saw the past of American, I guess it's more like motivating than inspiring. anyway thanks for the list