Films from Video Games

Tools    

Really? I thought it was one of those straight to video, or tv movies. You should have at least watched the trailer before going to see it in theaters, Lol. It still doesn't look as bad as Prince of Persia though.
The "House of the Dead" film came out in 2003, it was released in theatres on October 10th. It was directed by Uwe Boll, which some consider one of the best German directors for Horror (Personally, I think his movies are ****, proof enough with "House of the Dead"). I went to the theatre to see it because of being a fan of the video game. Yeah I knew that the film looked like pure "cheese" but its not the first time I have seen a horrible cheesy Horror film that was "popular".

I peronally think Resident Evil is the best video game - movie adaptation, and also one of the best films ever made...
Actually the first Resident Evil movie was pretty decent.

How about Music Videos of Songs from Video Games where the actual video was a movie of the game? Because music videos are a type of film as well.... script, directing, actors, musicians etc.......

Poets of the Fall did a song for "Alan Wake" and the video features live action of the game. I bought this game for my pc.. .just because Im a fan of the band.. and well if someone showed me how to play it, I would.. (Im old, for pete's sake!)

Also the band got their start with the song "Late Goodbye" for the Max Payne 2: Fall of Max Payne game..

Also the band got their start with the song "Late Goodbye" for the Max Payne 2: Fall of Max Payne game..
You like Max Payne...

Fire walk with me.

I have a soft spot for the current Resident Evil, but then again, I wasn't a fan of the games. Paul WS Anderson is a cack director but I like the RE films.

Yeah, House Of The Dead is one of only 3 I've ever rated 0%. Superman 4, Alien Hunter and HOTD...

Silent Hill is definitely the best of the bunch though. The sequel was rubbish CGI laden cack though.

As for Doom... I liked it. It's like Resident Evil, cheesy fun with pretty good action and a few scary bits.

The talks of the Uncharted movie have been picking up. A movie of a game that was basically inspired by a movie (Indiana Jones). For that case, if they get a good Drake (Bradley Cooper or Pratt ) a decent script, and director, this has a chance to be a good one.

But then again, I'm probably biased as the first two Uncharteds are some of my favorite gaming experiences.

how about

HITMAN: AGENT 47: First look at Zachary Quinto’s John Smith
20th Century Fox has released a few new images from the soft-reboot/semi-sequel of 2007′s Hitman. In Hitman: Agent 47, actor Zachary Quinto is playing a character named John Smith, the rumored antagonist of the film. Take a first glimpse of Zachary Quinto’s John Smith

You like Max Payne...

Actually, No.... the band caught my eye with another song. They won "Best Finnish Band" in 2006. This is when I became a fan. Most people who belonged to their forum who lived in the US only knew them from the video game but not me. Im not very good at video games, so I dont play them much.

However, the Movie "Max Payne" with Mark Walberg was decent. I couldnt compare the video game to the film.

In planning:

Tomb Raider (reboot)
Just Cause: Scorpion Uprising
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Splinter Cell
Mortal Kombat (reboot)
The Last Of Us
Gran Turismo
Shadow Of The Colossus
Minecraft

Definitely happening:

Temple Run (Date Unknown, but after 2015)
Heavenly Sword (Sept 2014)
Resident Evil: Uprising (Sept 2014)
Hitman: Agent 47: (Feb 2015)
Assassin's Creed (Aug 2015)
Ratchet And Crank (2015)
Warcraft (March 2016)
Uncharted (June 2016)
Angry Birds (July 2016)
Metal Gear Solid (2016)
Sly Cooper (2016-2017)
Mass Effect (2017-2018)

Tomb Raider (reboot)
Just Cause: Scorpion Uprising
Splinter Cell
Mortal Kombat (reboot)
The Last Of Us
Gran Turismo
Shadow Of The Colossus
Minecraft

Definitely happening:

Temple Run (Date Unknown, but after 2015)
Heavenly Sword (Sept 2014)
Resident Evil: Uprising (Sept 2014)
Hitman: Agent 47: (Feb 2015)
Assassin's Creed (Aug 2015)
Ratchet And Crank (2015)
Warcraft (March 2016)
Uncharted (June 2016)
Angry Birds (July 2016)
Metal Gear Solid (2016)
Sly Cooper (2016-2017)
Mass Effect (2017-2018)
Gran Turismo - release in 5 years, only to be pushed back another 2

- one of the best games of last gen, more cyberpunk is always good. Over Uncharted, this would be my most anticipated.

Shadow of the Colosuss - guaranteed to be out before the Last Guardian

Uncharted - Amy Hennig is available, do yourself a favor and get in touch

Brimming with rififi!
Actually the first Resident Evil movie was pretty decent.
Okay you are all wrong. First of all Resident Evil was not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination.

Brimming with rififi!
Gran Turismo - release in 5 years, only to be pushed back another 2

- one of the best games of last gen, more cyberpunk is always good. Over Uncharted, this would be my most anticipated.

Shadow of the Colosuss - guaranteed to be out before the Last Guardian

Uncharted - Amy Hennig is available, do yourself a favor and get in touch
Gran Turismo? What, did someone see a racing game and think, "oh, look, another Fast and the Furious franchise?"

That just seems like an odd choice considering there is absolutely no story--at least that was the case since I last played the series; and unless they've changed it in one of the more recent iterations of the game, there aren't even drivers in the car.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Did you guys played Resident Evil games? xD
Movies were totally different if they didn't have RS in the title I would never guessed its based on it...Its decant(at best)...

That just seems like an odd choice considering there is absolutely no story--at least that was the case since I last played the series; and unless they've changed it in one of the more recent iterations of the game, there aren't even drivers in the car.

That is exactly what I thought. I have anticipated and played every iteration, but the sterile nature of it seems to lend nothing. O wait, I see it now.

A driver is awarded $500 by an unseen force. Takes said $500 and buys a 92' civic and proceeds to drive it for the next 10 hours. No 4 foot wings, garish body kits, or fire belching exhaust, but the ability to wash it and change the oil. Rinse and repeat.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I am excited about the new films coming out. Didn't care for the two Resident Evil's that I watched, Silent Hill's were nothing too special, and so far, the best game-movie that I've seen is Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Although, it isn't amazing either, and is in-fact only decent. Mortal Kombat are definitely fun films though.

Can't wait for Ratchet & Clank, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, and whatever else, I feel like we're finally going to get some really good ones.