the dead and near-dead

I the forgotten who are now beyond the sign
outstripped by evolving awareness
left in a limbo of untranslatable identity
unformed to you
aborted to me
I see them as your unsung ground
As ground you are to be
Some fantastic stuff right there. He certainly knew how to translate thoughts into words.

Damn that's sad, very young I wish the best to his familly and friends.

RIP Deadite. I'll miss you, you were truly a quality Mofo.

And thanks for letting us know, Lead Farmer. By the way, what was his first name?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

RIP Deadite. I'll miss you, you were truly a quality Mofo.

And thanks for letting us know, Lead Farmer. By the way, what was his first name?
I'm not sure if I should really say, but what the hell? He told it to me.

His name was Neal.

Just noticed on Lead Farmer's profile page that the only profile message he got was from Deadite back in April where Deadite said to him, "Howdy "

So, just in case you had any doubt about this, judging by that alone, I don't think you can doubt anymore. He's definitely gone.

Let the night air cool you off
Rest in Peace Neal

This is still really eating at me, more than I really thought something like this would. Especially considering how little I communicated with him.

It's so final. He can't come back ever again. There will never be a new Deadite comment.

He stands out to me, too. There are some people here that, I'm sorry to say, if you died, I might not think much of it. Deadite, though... well, we haven't PM'ed each other about stuff in awhile, but his voice and his personality do stand out for me. Even when he was alive and not here for awhile, I'd wonder where he was. I am surprised that he died, actually. It's surreal to see "R.I.P. Deadite." He can't ever come back and scold me anymore or make some funny joke or basically roll his eyes at me. I will miss that. I wish I had got to know him better.

Deadite had a big heart. I am pretty sure of that. I wonder what he would make of this thread.

We have to continue here without him now.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My first encounter I remember with Deadite was in Mofo Big Brother where he was the first to go in the game. I told him sorry for eliminating him and he was cool with it.

That's right. He was the first one eliminated from MoFo Big Brother 1.

Let the night air cool you off
Does anybody know if there is a way we can look at an archived version of the site or something that will show us all the movies he had in his "top ten" before the site change?

I hope Deadite felt loved by us here. And just in case, we can express that now. Even if it seems like it's too late.

Does anybody know if there is a way we can look at an archived version of the site or something that will show us all the movies he had in his "top ten" before the site change?
Maybe... I don't know.

It was a lot of horror stuff. I know he liked the first two Hellraiser films, as I do. They were on it.

Yes:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130716...er.php?u=66988

THE MOVIES:

I know this doesn't even matter, but he gave me my first +rep when I joined the site.

He was a great member with great taste in films. R.I.P

He liked so many movies I like. That's what I'm gonna miss. Now I'm completely alone here.

And I never got to do a commentary with him. I asked him before. He turned the opportunity down. He never did a commentary at all. I wonder how that would have turned out. There were things I wanted to watch with him.