Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Under the Skin -

Scarlet's body -

FINAL NOTE:

Wasn't the fan of the ending at first, but after awhile I no longer feel it was bad. I'm really glad that the metaphysical sci-fi films genre started by Space Odyssey had a rebirth. First with Beyond the Black Rainbow, Vanishing Waves and now with Under the Skin. Upstream Color applies too. Sorta. Would love to watch more of this kind, but don't seem to know any.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

25th Hour

Fantastic, fantastic film. I don't think I can even shout enough praise for it. An incredible,moving story with outstanding performances. Edward Norton is a criminally underrated actor, he really is superb here. The movie packs a big emotional punch, but its done with such care that I never got the feeling that anything was too melodramatic or sappy. Spike Lee has filmmaking talent,so sad to see that he hasn't made anything good in over a decade.

I just really connected with this film, and I can see it becoming one of my all-time favorites even.
you're definitely a beast ! and btw totally agree with you're review , 25th hour is incredible

Go Agead, Make My Day
one of my top 5 of all time

a Mastepiece

Lone Survivor (2013)

Marky Mark did a nice job in this; it's uncanny how many good movies he ends up in. Ben Foster is someone I'd like to see more from. This just turned into a really kick ass action film.

RoboCop

Still good after all these years.

Great satire, but the general story of Robo/Murphy is second to none and Basil Poledouris' soundtrack backing it up is simply staggering.

Still by far my #1 movie of all time.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Barry Lyndon (1975)

I'm not really a fan of Stanley Kubrick's movies, but this movie was an interesting movie. I found it a bit slow at times, and while Ryan O'Neal did a good job in the movie, I'm not sure that he was the best choice for the lead role, but overall, I enjoyed the movie.

However, after reading the plot of the movie listed on IMDB, I spent the first half of the movie thinking that I was watching the wrong movie. According to IMDB, the plot of the movie is "An Irish rogue wins the heart of a rich widow and assumes her dead husband's aristocratic position in 18th-century England.", but that doesn't happen until almost an hour and a half into the movie.

RoboCop

Still good after all these years.

Great satire, but the general story of Robo/Murphy is second to none and Basil Poledouris' soundtrack backing it up is simply staggering.

Still by far my #1 movie of all time.
lovin' it, good stuff Rodent

ROBOCOP (1987)

Basil Paledouris is the King of 80's Movie Music

this movie came out the year i was born and won my Birth Year Oscar for Best Editing

Chappie doesn't like the real world

Barry Lyndon (1975)

I'm not really a fan of Stanley Kubrick's movies, but this movie was an interesting movie. I found it a bit slow at times, and while Ryan O'Neal did a good job in the movie, I'm not sure that he was the best choice for the lead role, but overall, I enjoyed the movie.

However, after reading the plot of the movie listed on IMDB, I spent the first half of the movie thinking that I was watching the wrong movie. According to IMDB, the plot of the movie is "An Irish rogue wins the heart of a rich widow and assumes her dead husband's aristocratic position in 18th-century England.", but that doesn't happen until almost an hour and a half into the movie.

I'm not the biggest Kubrick fan either, but I really like Barry Lyndon. My favorite Kubrick will always be The Shining but this is a pretty close second.

I don't think I've ever watched a Kubrick film. I plan on starting with Full Metal Jacket. Don't have much interest in the rest of his work tbh.

A fantastic motion picture, and possibly a new favorite.

I watched this movie tonight and was completely blown away. The performances all around were spectacular. The camera work is phenomenal and breathtakingly beautiful. The title basically tells you what the story is about. I completely loved the story. You don't quite know who to root for and I love that about it. The narration in the film is interesting and keeps the story moving and entertaining. The story is compelling and powerful, especially towards the end. This also had an amazing cast of some of our finest young actors including Casey Affleck, Sam Rockwell, and Jeremy Renner. Although it did drag at times, I didn't mind, because I had no regrets about watching this film at all. I completely enjoyed it and was enchanted by it's haunting story, characters and imagery. Lets talk about the acting in this film.

First off, Brad Pitt is great in this film as Jesse James. He fluxuates between calm, cool, and collective, and batsh*t crazy. It's amazing. His character is extremely interesting and mysterious, you can see why Robert Ford looked up to him. Speaking of Robert Ford, lets talk about Casey Affleck.

Casey Affleck plays Robert Ford. Ford is slightly creepy and stalkerish (sorry it's not a real word) and he really looks up to Jesse James and kind of follows him around and strives to be like him. Casey Affleck plays it really well, and you can see his character change from an impulsive fidgety young man, to a wiser and calmer older man. He plays it perfectly and this movie definately makes me respect Casey Affleck more.

Now, I'd really like to talk about camerawork in this film. The camerawork from master cinematographer Roger Deakins is one of the reasons I watched this movie, and it was well worth it. Stunning images and scenes with the perfect amount of lighting fill the movie with the exact right mood for every scene. Framing is perfect. Gorgeous long shots of the land really set you in the environment and keep you immersed in the story. I definately reccomend this film for future DP's because you will be stunned at the beautiful imagery.

Overall, this is a hauntingly gorgeous film with images that stick in your head. The story is interesting and has some really interesting twists and turns near the end. I really enjoyed all the performances in this movie and thought they were great. I highly reccomend this film to anyone who enjoys watching a quality motion picture. One of the best I've seen in a while, I can hardly sit still enough to write this review because I'm so excited that I found another great film that I instantly love.

Fire walk with me.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
A fantastic little known gem.
Good review. Although, with two Academy Award nominations, I wouldn't call it little known.

Unregistered User

Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)

Much better than expected low-budget slasher film, that has a giallo feel to it. Really fun watch and in my opinion very underrated.

Cries and Whispers (1972)

I havnt not enjoyed a Bergman film yet and this was no different. It certainly isnt my favourite of his but its still a very solid effort that will probably make the 70's countdown.