10 Sci-fi Movies That Probably shouldn't have ever been made

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Thing from Another World is the film that made John Carpenter want to make movies. He still loves it, and it's grown in reputation over the years. It's now considered a masterpiece of sci-fi/horror. I don't think that, but it's well-worth watching. It's very modern filmmaking in many ways.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Other films that should have made the list:

The Day The Earth Stood Still Remake
Equilibrium
In Time
Jumper
Zardoz
Skyline
Space Truckers
Flash Gorgon
Robot Monster
Cosmos: War of the Planets
Planet of the Apes (2001)
Looper
Just as a little hint you're really not going to appreciate my next review that I'll be posting tomorrow.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
The Thing from Another World is the film that made John Carpenter want to make movies. He still loves it, and it's grown in reputation over the years. It's now considered a masterpiece of sci-fi/horror. I don't think that, but it's well-worth watching. It's very modern filmmaking in many ways.

I love this movie. I like the John Carpenter remake as well, but I grew up with this one.

Dr. Carrington: "I doubt if we'll find anything we call an engine."

Five minutes later...

Dr. Carrington: "That last explosion was the engine."

the only film which shouldn't be on the list is Equilibrium, very solid film.
alien resurrection was too much straight forward sillyness, no story,cliched....

I love those old sci fi movies. I'd say for its time the thing was pretty good.

Also plan 9 from outer space must fit into the so bad that its good category.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Other films that should have made the list:

The Day The Earth Stood Still Remake
Equilibrium
In Time
Jumper
Zardoz
Skyline
Space Truckers
Flash Gorgon
Robot Monster
Cosmos: War of the Planets
Planet of the Apes (2001)
Looper
Equilibrium is awesome and Looper is very good.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Just as a little hint you're really not going to appreciate my next review that I'll be posting tomorrow.
Well I don't know if you saw it or not but it was Equilibrium that I was talking about. It may not be a brilliant film but I've got a lot of love for it. I'd agree with a few of the others you listed though Slob, especially the Day the Earth Stood Still remake. Surely a film has made a mistake when it actually has you rooting for the destruction of all of humanity.

My Equilibrium review for anyone interested - Equilibrium review

This, it's a brilliant film and an underrated science fiction film. Shouldn't be on this list at all.
Indeed. I considered putting Equilibrium in my top 200. It's rather silly and too unsubtle but it's great fun.