The Videogames Tab

Tools    

I use OBS for all my SpyParty streaming; I'm no expert at all but I have mucked through (and had others help me through) a handful of troubleshooting problems, so if I can be of any helpm just say the word.

And yay on Sedai getting Dishonored! Keep me updated man, it's one of those games I love hearing other people's reactions to.

The People's Republic of Clogher
"Helpm"

That's code for something, isn't it? I bet there's a price on my head now.

EDIT - I'm playing a bit of Skyrim again:

Ugh? I've got loads of mods but none which change enemies. This bad boy was in place of the first Restless Draugr you meet in Bleak Falls Barrow, so it's not a high level dungeon. Weird, but I like.

Wow, imagine finding this thread on a movie site!

I just finished up "Batman: Arkham City" over the weekend. Played through the Main Story and as much of the Side Missions as I could before timed events and Riddler trophy quotas started kicking in.

PRO: A pretty large sandbox, with a lot of gameplay detail built in.

CON: I'm getting tired of dark, dysfunctional, depressing, settings.

Next up: Dishonored (Black Friday deal - brand new for under $10).

And to the poster revisiting "SKYRIM" above: I clocked about 175 hours in that game!

I use OBS for all my SpyParty streaming; I'm no expert at all but I have mucked through (and had others help me through) a handful of troubleshooting problems, so if I can be of any helpm just say the word.

And yay on Sedai getting Dishonored! Keep me updated man, it's one of those games I love hearing other people's reactions to.
I'm thinking OBS is geared up more for streaming than recording. If it's got to be Fraps, Fraps it's got to be. Or something.

I'll need to find a way to encode the files smaller before uploading though.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Thanks for the game, Taccy!

Got Dishonored for 3 bucks and change, and it's a great game, especially for that price. The graphics are a bit naff, but they work in a painterly way. Really cool powers etc., and a decent story so far. I need to squeeze some game time in during this busy week....

Nice job getting Dishonored. Definitely one of the better games of 2012. I've heard some negatives about it, but honestly, I love the synergy of stealth/action that this game provides. It's a lot of fun to either sneak around or go full-on rampage mode. One of my favorites.

A system of cells interlinked
Yep - really enjoying it so far! I have still only played for an hour or two, but I have liked what I have seen.

Been meaning to do a non-non-violent play of Dishonored for ages, then tackle the Daud DLCs (thanks Chris for Brigmore Witches! ). Also, I activated an Arcane Assassin code today which had been sitting in the game box since I bought it. Wonder what that does?

FTL's 66% off (down to Ł2.37) today on Steam. My advice - Everyone just buy it.

Not only is FTL a stunning little game on its own but it's getting a major content patch next year which will be free to anyone owning the game.

If I'd played it in 2012 it'd have been my GOTY for last year.

Yep - really enjoying it so far! I have still only played for an hour or two, but I have liked what I have seen.
It's just so-so at first, but once you level up your powers a bit the whole world opens up and you start to see multiple ways to solve problems. That's when all the fuss about it makes sense.

I played it a totally different way - The only power I used was Blink, and even then only very occasionally. Didn't kill anyone either.

It's rare that a game has such a variety of play styles yet when you constrain yourself to a certain way of attempting levels, it doesn't feel as if you're missing out on anything.

Quick head's up: Apparently Left 4 Dead II is free today on Steam. Log in, go to the store page and it says 'Play Now' rather than 'Buy'.

Cant confirm as I already own it. Own it and never played it.

CC: Sedai. Looks like the closest thing to a Blade Runner game we might get:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...58&searchtext=
I've already got a Blade Runner game, and it's ace.

Even managed to get it running on Windows 7, pretty flawlessly too.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
So, interesting thing happened. I got the Orange Box for the PS3 (I know, I know, inferior version blah blah blah). There are 3 games on there, and I managed to take the time to play them for a while. Here's what I thought of them.

Portal - phenomenal game. Dark and twisted sense of humor, ingenious puzzle design, the most unique gameplay mechanics I've ever seen, and a well-crafted antagonist. Definitely a gaming masterpiece.

Team Fortress 2 - One of the single most fun FPS games I've ever played. Every character is well-balanced, the level design is top notch, the art style is nice to look at, and the gameplay is smooth and intense. I pick the Scout each time, and I can say I'm a mean one too.

Half-Life 2 - Yeah, this game didn't do much for me. It feels outdated to me. The characters are done well, as are the creatures and levels, but beyond that, nothing else works for me. The story's forgettable, the gameplay's average, and the puzzles are gimmicky at best. I know a bit about the first Half-Life game to know what's going on, but this series just doesn't interest me like I thought it would.

I can remember The Orange Box on PS3. It wasn't as bad as some people made out but think it was in the pre Rumble and Trophies days and Valve never bothered to patch them in.

Now here's a turn up - My sister usually grabs something from my Amazon wishlist for my Christmas present. Before I sent her the link I cleared off all the crap, leaving a few strategically placed DVDs and Blu Rays.

I forgot to delete Beyond Two Souls (dunno why it was even on there, to be honest, I had no notion of buying it) and Beyond Two Souls is what I got.

On the plus side, it's got a much tighter control scheme than Heavy Rain.

The downside is that it's a David Cage game and is thus a cinematic experience directed by Alan Smithee. I'm bored with it already.

A system of cells interlinked
CC: Sedai. Looks like the closest thing to a Blade Runner game we might get:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...58&searchtext=

Hmmm, I may have to check this one out!

Meanwhile - I foolishly fired up Anno 2070 Saturday, just to check on my cities etc from a continuous play game I had going ages ago...

7 hours later, I staggered out of the office, bleary-eyed and wondering why it was dark already...

What a time sink that game is....

This is a Tycoon play-through, btw...I usually play the Ecos, but these guys are decent in their own way, I guess...just smoggy and smelly.

Was never able to get into Anno 2070. Actually, it's the same with the other Anno games - Dunno what the primary reason was because they're all very well made games but it probably has nothing to do with the subject matter.

I'm more of a turn-based rather than a real-time strategy fan.

Saying that, Crusader Kings 2 is an RTS (with autopause) and I love that game so much that I even bought the Celtic haircuts DLC.