moT esiurC

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
From IMDB:
"Cruise Speaks Out About Dyslexia

Tom Cruise has gone public with his dyslexia trauma in a bid to convince parents of kids with the learning disorder that there is a solution. The movie superstar grew up with learning problems, and admits he was frustrated when he couldn't keep up at school. His dyslexia almost brought his acting career to a premature end and wrecked his chances becoming a pilot - but then he found help thanks to a learning program he discovered after becoming a Scientologist in 1986. In an exclusive interview in America's People magazine, the actor says, "All through school and well into my career, I felt like I had a secret, but then a friend gave me a picture book on Scientology, and through this I was introduced to the writings of L. Ron Hubbard, who had founded the religion. Mr. Hubbard was also an educator who had been researching the field for decades. He had found that literacy and comprehension levels were declining worldwide, and he developed Study Technology." Cruise is now a board member of Hubbard's literacy foundation, the Hollywood Education & Literary Problem (HELP), and he wants young dyslexics to have the benefit of his findings. He adds, "I don't want people to go through what I went through. I want kids to have the ability to read, to write, to understand what people are saying to them, to be able to solve life's problems." "

Scientology gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I must become Caligari..!
Hopefully he can help erase this myth that every one with dislexia spells words backwards

Herod what do you find so odd about this artical???
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by Hondo333
Hopefully he can help erase this myth that every one with dislexia spells words backwards
My older brother is dyslexic, my best friend is dyslexic, and I think I've heard this enough times already. I made a joke about others misfortune, so kill me.

Anyways, I find the article so odd because of what he says about Scientology. "...but then a friend gave me a picture book on Scientology, and through this I was introduced to the writings of L. Ron Hubbard, who had founded the religion."
It just sounds so cult-like, zombie-esque if you will. I mean, notice the wording of that sentence: "through this I was introduced to the writings of L. Ron Hubbard," and he even called it a "picture book."
Now tell me you can't see him saying that in a monotone, with his eyes glazed over, handing out flowers in an airport.

Besides all this, it's news! Regarding a movie star! Starting a charity organization! Even if scientology wasn't mentioned I probably would have put it up.

L. Ron Hubbard was origonly part of a Alistair Crowley sex cult, This is funny to mention to the Scientologists who try to recrute you on the street, Some Flat out deniy it and others claim he was undercover for the CIA. Idiots

Tom's dyslexia was obviously cured through him ridding his body of all those souls of aliens killed by that evil guy Xenu.

Originally Posted by Herod
Scientology gives me the heebie-jeebies.
I can’t believe people are sucked in by someone who made the following statement…

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" ~ L. Ron Hubbard

Originally Posted by firegod
Tom's dyslexia was obviously cured through him ridding his body of all those souls of aliens killed by that evil guy Xenu.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My life isn't written very well.
I have had the opportunity to visit a Scientology center. A friend of mine went, was "converted", and asked me to "just go and see if I like it." Well, I went--hated it!.

What happens is, you walk into one of their glorious bulidings where people are running around for no apparant reason: shuffling through papers, sitting with potential clients, hawking Dianetics like you wouldn't believe.

First order of business: Take a long, long personality test. I mean this test takes like 3 hours! After the test a Scientologist sits with you and discusses the results of said test, recommends you read Dianetics, which you can convieniantly buy anywhere in the building. They share which chapters you should pay attention to in Dianetics, according to your test results, then send you on your way, reiterating that you pick up a copy of Dianetics before you leave, and return.

After I left I got the feeling I had just been a part of some religious pyramid scheme, since you can become an "elder" if you follow the book religiously and entice other people to take that long personality test, and of course sell yet another copy of (everyone say it with me) Dianetics!!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

When you spend enough money and get to level OT 3, they start to tell you about that alien I mentioned before, Xenu. Here's a link that recounts some of this bizarre story: http://www.b-org.demon.nl/scn/nl/eng...re-belief.html

Of course, you only get told the real basis of this religion once you've spent many thousands of dollars on it and dedicated your life to it. Otherwise, there would be very few followers.

Wasn’t there a rumor going around when Lisa Marie married Michael Jackson that Scientology had something to do with it… she was supposedly recruiting...

Wether Scientology helped Tom or not it sure didn't help L Ron.

It was beauty killed the beast.
A new brief from IMDB:
Cruise Slammed for Dyslexia Revelations

Tom Cruise has been criticized for speaking about how Church of Scientology teachings helped him overcome his learning difficulties. The movie star spoke exclusively to America's People magazine last week about his involvement with Scientology's learning programs, claiming they helped him to become a pilot and perfect his acting skill s. But the International Dyslexia Association has hit back at his claims, insisting his statements are unscientific. Executive director J. Thomas Viall says, "When an individual of the prominence of Tom Cruise makes statements that are difficult to replicate in terms of what science tells us, the issue becomes what other individuals who are dyslexic do in response to such a quote-unquote success story. There is not a lot of science to support the claims that the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard are appropriate to overcoming dyslexia.

Hmmmm..... I think thats a little harsh

its not like now every dyslixic kid is going to go out and get personaality tests just because tom crusie found help that way

Hmmmm..... I think thats a little harsh

its not like now every dyslixic kid is going to go out and get personaality tests just because tom crusie found help that way
Not every kid, no. But it's entirely possible that many kids will be introduced to $cientology because of this, and eventually be brainwashed into believing the science fiction story that is the basis for this religion. Not a good thing, in my opinion.

But tom should not be "Told Off" for telling his experiances and how "HE" found help

But tom should not be "Told Off" for telling his experiances and how "HE" found help
Well, Kong doesn't think he's being told off for telling his experience as much as he's being told off for trying to lure young dyslexics into placing their hopes in a solution that is less likely to solve their problems with dyslexia than more established and researched means.

Don't get Kong wrong, it's great that Cruise has overcome his dyslexia, but Kong naturally tends to side with the experts at the IDA on how to further progress the battle against dyslexia.

Here is a link that describes the personality test, lists its questions, and provides the best answers that r3port3r66 mentioned, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/oca/

Originally Posted by Kong
Here is a link that describes the personality test, lists its questions, and provides the best answers that r3port3r66 mentioned, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/oca/
That's it! the famous personality test OMG what moron made this one up? Oh that's right L Ron.