Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

That's a made for TV remake, not the original.
Yup, you're the third person to tell me now. Wish I had never made that post.

People go mental for this movie. Never understood why.
Is that the original though?

Sorry, just messing - simply couldn't resist being number #4 as that's my lucky number

gg's

The Chinese Connection

Bruce Lee gave everything to this immortal martial art classic. He is true, genuine and working hard.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-05-26-23h14m16s761.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	30850   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-05-26-23h15m19s321.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	30851  

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 (2017) - James Gunn

- Amazing movie all-around and the funny thing is I didn't even like the first one. This one is probably my favorite Superhero movie since The Dark Knight. Everything about the direction and the cast is awesome and mannnnn the soundtracks are amazing. Top 10 movie ending for me EVER. In conclusion, I love every part of it and I recommend it to everybody here.
+

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
Rewatched this. Such a stylishly put together Iranian vampire film.

8/10

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)
-

I liked it. Almost as good as the first. Exciting. Very exciting. Not too long. Not part four. NO DOGS. NO WOMEN. Tons of laughs. Plenty of original surprises. Thwaites wasn't bad as Bloom's replacement. Scodelario was excellent, better than Knightley. The all-star cast was superb. Bardem makes a great villain. I'll gladly watch it again without the 3D glasses. Stick around for the post-credits scene.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)
-

I liked it. Almost as good as the first. Exciting. Very exciting. Not too long. Not part four. NO DOGS. NO WOMEN. Tons of laughs. Plenty of original surprises. Thwaites wasn't bad as Bloom's replacement. Scodelario was excellent, better than Knightley. The all-star cast was superb. Bardem makes a great villain. I'll gladly watch it again without the 3D glasses. Stick around for the post-credits scene.
Good to hear. Loved the original, but some of the sequels (beyond being visually appealing) seemed almost unintelligible, story & plotwise, almost as if Jack Sparrow himself wrote them while drunk on rum, and free-associating!

Welcome to the human race...
Last Man Standing -

Now I'm just thinking about how long it's been since I last watched Miller's Crossing.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Dead Awake. I dont know how to rate it because I fell dead asleep.

Baywatch (2017) -

This movie is exactly what you expect it to be.

I'm not sure what else to say really. The trailers did a good job explaining what the film was: action, eye candy, and a hint of self-awareness. It's dumb, but it's the kind that can be enjoyable if you're in the mood for it.

movies can be okay...
Elena (2011) -

I'm in love with the cinematography and the score !
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

The Chase (1966)

+

I thought this was a heck of a movie from director Arthur Penn (Little Big Man, Bonnie and Clyde, Night Moves, The Miracle Worker, etc.), and that it was almost an all time classic. There's a lot of great stuff here, but I thought it was a bit uneven. The title and synopsis would lead one to believe that this is some kind of action film, but it's more of a smoldering southern drama. Robert Redford plays a character who escapes from prison and ends up back in his hometown while on the run. Marlon Brando as the sheriff would be the lead but we also have Jane Fonda, Robert Duvall, Angie Dickinson and many others. The movie is more about the terrible people in the town and touches on themes like jealousy, racism, adultery, and more, and there's a focus on how Redford's character's escape affects these people. There's a simmering intensity that emanates from the character's behavior, rather from the general plot.