Survivor Part X: Into the Woods

Tools    

I really should not have thought that I needed to split the Final Challenge in two.
Of course - this is a horror Survivor game.

Getting split in two should be mandatory.

I really should not have thought that I needed to split the Final Challenge in two.

@TheUsualSuspect should have played in today's game.
Yeah i was confused about Suspect going to the final three instead of the final four.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
FINAL THREE:

What were your best moves?

Winning in a duel against Velvet, great move that kept me in the game.

I told Cosmic to play the I quit card. The others say that it didn't fool them, yet they all voted for her anyway.

More importantly, once I saw Raul get eliminated, I told 7thson and Yam that they need to team up and systematically eliminate people from both sides of the two alliances to get to a point where they are essentially in control and we need them. This kind of worked? Camo blurted some of it out in the thread so it seemed obvious to everyone after the fact. But I knew that I had to get in with those two so that they wouldn't think of eliminating me and instead went for the bigger targets. This happened when Cat was eliminated. Sorry Cat. I essentially said to eliminate both sides so it looked like I was helping their game when in reality I was helping mine. I didn't know if I could trust them as Raul was eliminated by them. So not knowing if they were on my side, I pleaded to a sense of "best gameplay in their favour". Hopefully they wouldn't try to eliminate me if I went to them with that idea. 7thson said he was thinking about teaming up with Yam anyway.

7thson was a wild card the entire game, giving his votes away. I had a feeling he was going to make it far (I picked him and Nostromo to make it to the end) and I knew that I had to have his ear. I never lied to him and told him I would NEVER vote him out, just in case he was eliminated. He did say that he would never vote for someone who voted him out. So having him with me was smart, as he was as much a swing vote as Yam, contrary to what Cricket thinks. I never knew if he was 100% with me or not.

Finding those idols didn't hurt either. I found the Lost Boys idol and thought about using it to save Jeff and eliminate either Cosmic or 7thson. But in the end I knew that if I was going to be in the finals, I wanted to be against the best people in the game (that were left). That way if I win, I won legit. So I decided against it and never used it. (Maybe that was my worst move?) What would a final 3 look like with me Jeff and Yam? I'm not sure.

Suspect's Reviews

Who do you think was the most important person in your alliance?
The most important member to me on a purely personal level was Suspect. He asked to work together early in the game, and he stayed with me the entire time, even when things looked their most dire for us.

However from a gameplay perspective, it was definitely you, with 7thson a close second (mostly because I didn't start working with him until later in the game). I had been talking to you since the beginning, and after the first few rounds it became obvious that your connection to both me and Cricket made your vote extremely important. I didn't want to pressure you into choosing a side, but I kept hoping you'd choose to vote with me despite not having the safety of Cricket's numbers. I wouldn't be here in the finale if it wasn't for you and 7thson, and I'll always be grateful for that.

@TheUsualSuspect @CosmicRunaway @7thson

Why do you think that you deserve to win?

Do you think one of the other two actually deserves to win more than you? Why? Or why not?

If you could have done one thing different this game, what would you have done different?

How would you feel if you win this game?

How much votes do you think that you're going to get from the jury (out of the 9 total votes)?

Everyone

Who do you think was the most important person in your alliance?
It depends on what part of the game I guess. Overall I would say you even though we were not exactly in an official one, we did work together to get things done that I feel needed to be done for either of us to move much further.

I honestly came into the game open to have an alliance with anyone that came to me. It seems like when I play with TUS everyone thinks I am automatically allied with him and that is just not the case. This time around though I think he ultimately is the most important - other than me of course .

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Who would you guys vote for if it was a final two between the other two? You have to answer, it's in Section 4 of the Survivor Code.
That would honestly depend on questions I ask and how they answer.

That would honestly depend on questions I ask and how they answer.
Good answer

Yeah i regretted that question as soon as i asked in case no one said one of you. I know they'd most likely not care but i'd feel really bad haha.

FINAL THREE:

What were your best moves?
I enjoyed making the mini challenges and letting others pick my vote. It helped me learn about the other players a little and how they think and how much fun they all are. It opened up a little camaraderie I think and who can forget these:

I think they are works of art. . Cricket's pic certainly made his threat of strangulation that much more creepy and Cat's - well you are welcome everyone.

My motive was to get information as at those times I did not think I was on the chopping block and my vote was not as important to me as information. It also helped throw a little confusion in the game which is always good if you are on the outside looking in. It definitely made Suspect wonder wtf I was doing and why, or at least he acted like it did. I almost did it one more time, but I think it worked out well.

Suspect already mentioned it but when I started finding out things after the fact that my alliance was doing I knew it was time to leave or at least put myself in a stronger position. I knew the other side was chomping at the bit to get one of us and what better way to do that then to take away two votes. One less for the other team to vote with and one more for Crickets a +2 net.

I can say that voting out rauld or being a part of it at least was not easy, but I did owe him one from a past game so I used that as a guiding force.

Anyone that has talked serious with me about moves and trust and all that know that I hate being left out of decisions. I don't have to make the decision, but I despise not being part of the "in" crowd. To me that is lest trustworthy than straight out lying.

My thought was exactly as Suspect said, to pick off one from both sides then work together with YAM. I actually wanted to stay on Crickets alliance for a time because I saw a lot of good team work there, but once again I got left out of the information. I did not know for sure until after the vote where they wanted me to vote Cosmic, but I had a damn good gut feeling cause I just went through it on the other side. I do not blame or hold it against anyone, this is a game after all, I just could not commit completely feeling that way and I played both sides for a bit. Once I knew (or thought) that I could be an important player for whatever side I chose I felt a little more comfortable because at that time numbers were crucial.

I do not like being called a flipper even though I guess technically I was. The reason is because I never completely felt 100 percent with any one side - hell most of the time I felt 50/50 at best. It is hard to change from a side you were never really on. Of course this was all my thoughts and maybe they (either) side would have taken me further without having to do all of that stuff, but is that much fun?

Why do you think that you deserve to win?
I think I played a good game. I never backed out of a challenge, and I stuck by the people who aligned themselves with me the entire game. I made sure I let SC know when I thought something was unfair, and with the exception of when I said that I wanted to be voted out (and throwing around a few names of potential Necronomicon holders early on to see how different players felt about the book and the other Survivors), I spoke honestly to everyone regardless as to whether they were my ally or not. Despite what some people may think, I never said anything to garner sympathy or possible jury votes; this really is just how I am.

Do you think one of the other two actually deserves to win more than you? Why? Or why not?
I think that both 7thson and Suspect would make worthy winners.

Ever since his first game, Suspect has been a target from the very start. After the reveal of his alt accounts in Survivor 7, it almost seemed like no one would ever trust him again. When he offered to work with me here, I was hoping that this game would be a chance to redeem his name. Even if he did consider using the idol to get me out at the end, I wouldn't have held that against him since I knew it would've been a strategic move. He played this game fairly under the radar, and managed to prove that he get to the ends without deceit or alt accounts.

7thson had an incredibly risky but clever strategy that ultimately worked in his favour. Playing a loose canon always on both sides of the game required quite a lot of skill, and the fact that I don't recall anyone mentioning his name for elimination just goes to show how successful he was at it. The outliers can either be the first people targetted, or they become key players, and 7thson was certainly in the latter group.

If you could have done one thing different this game, what would you have done different?
I'd like to say that I wouldn't have been so trusting of people at the very start, but I think that's a mistake that I'll forever make, either in similar games or in real life. I know SC read my story in the Chill Club about the the "you dropped your pocket" girl, and I think that incident perfectly encapsulates who I am as a person. I might be book smart, but I'm incredibly gullible.

How would you feel if you win this game?
Yam asked a similar question earlier, so I apologize if my answer sounds repetitive. Naturally I'd love to win the game, but I won't be upset if I don't, since no matter what happens, we'll have a worthy winner. This game has been an unforgettable experience, and I'm happy I got the opportunity to play for as long as I did.

How much votes do you think that you're going to get from the jury (out of the 9 total votes)?
Possibly 3. I think this will be a very close vote.

What tattoo's do you have @cricket? One looks like a chicken or eagle?
It’s an eagle. I thought it was a chicken, too.

Who would you guys vote for if it was a final two between the other two?
That would depend on who was responsible for the moves that got me out of the game. Whichever one of them put that plan into action would've gotten my vote.

I have to go do some more storm prep, looks like we are going to be in the NE corner of this thing and although its nothing compared to the other big storms this year I have been through enough of them not to underestimate a hurricane whether it is a 1 or a 5 category. We are in Pensacola - the westernmost county in the Florida panhandle.

I will be back tonight though to answer more questions.