MoFo Turns 13, Refuses to Get Hair Cut

Tools    

It's unfortunate that we had so much downtime last night and this morning, because as it so happens, today marks the 13th anniversary of the founding of Movie Forums. Pretty wild, eh? Especially for one of these newfangled web sites, which usually have the shelf life roughly on par with whole grain hamburger buns.

Nothing too fancy planned just yet, because this time we're already doing lots of things behind the scenes. When that 14th anniversary rolls around, you're going to be looking at a completely different site, and easily the most dramatic change we've undergone since way back in the site's first few years, when we implemented some version of the layout you still see today.

And on top of that, the last couple of months have been quite busy, and 2013 is on page for the second-most posts in the site's history. So thanks for that, guys. And as always, thanks for making MoFo what it is.

Starting your own anniversary thread so you can get all the rep... I see

No but seriously, so far, this site has been great and I say that having only been here a year, keep it up guys, looking forward to the future

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I will watch "The 13th Warrior" tonight in homage to the anniversary.

Man this place is old in internet years. Here's to 13 more!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."