Nominate the Worst Actress of All Time?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Decent bump for the 11 year old thread.

Probably go with Demi Moore, "SUCK MY DICK"! lol

I thought Moore took her clothes off in Striptease - I mean heck, look at the title of the movie. She's not great, but c'mon, Ghost was good - so it's a matter of choosing her roles poorly.

Oh, and I don't think Tilly is all that bad - but she SOUNDS stupid due to her excessively goofy voice.
I liked G.I. Jane

Worst actress? I have a few.

Radha Mitchell does the same thing over and over.

Courtney Cox is the same, over and over and over.

Julia Roberts always looks like she's about to throw up some lettuce leaves.

My worst Favourites though:

1. Courtney Cox's Friends co-star Jennifer Aniston. By far the worst actress with a big budget behind her name. She's an awful 'actress'.

2. Winona Ryder. Similar vein to Leonardo DiCaprio, they're sooo bad that their natural American accent seems put on.
How bad an actor/actress do you need to be to make your own accent seem fake?
Top notch awfulness.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Winona Ryder may not have an incredible amount of range, but she does have a whole lot of charm and charisma. In the right roles, I think she's fantastic.

I nominate Jessica Biel.i

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Worst actress? I have a few.

Courtney Cox is the same, over and over and over.

Julia Roberts always looks like she's about to throw up some lettuce leaves.

My worst Favourites though:

1. Courtney Cox's Friends co-star Jennifer Aniston. By far the worst actress with a big budget behind her name. She's an awful 'actress'.

2. Winona Ryder. Similar vein to Leonardo DiCaprio, they're sooo bad that their natural American accent seems put on.
How bad an actor/actress do you need to be to make your own accent seem fake?
Top notch awfulness.
Did you just say Leonardo DiCaprio was a bad actor? lol

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, that's where I started scratching my head. It took me a while to understand that Marty Scorsese definitely knows his talent, and he clearly thinks DiCaprio can act, and act well. You know why? He's a great actor. Marty is pretty good like that.

Just consider this train of thought:

Scorsese thought he was a great talent and gave him work.

I did not. I pointed and laughed and said "Wow, this kid is lame."

Someone in the above situation actually knows good acting, the other does not. One person is considered one of the best American directors of all time, the other is not considered at all, except by his cat and his girlfriend.

Marty Scorsese: 2,789,456

Me: 0

Rodent: 0

We suck at this game.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Kristen Stewart.

Really? How did she get a job as an actress? How are all those talented people out there overlooked in favor of her? And she's in some of the hottest movies.

I. DON'T. GET. IT.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Kristen Stewart.

Really? How did she get a job as an actress? How are all those talented people out there overlooked in favor of her? And she's in some of the hottest movies.

I. DON'T. GET. IT.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
OMG -- filmgirl -- I don't think we've met. I am a huge Sean Bean fan and you used him to respond to my post! Rep point!
Hiya tramp. I see we have a few things in common

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Yeah, that's where I started scratching my head. It took me a while to understand that Marty Scorsese definitely knows his talent, and he clearly thinks DiCaprio can act, and act well. You know why? He's a great actor. Marty is pretty good like that.

Just consider this train of thought:

Scorsese thought he was a great talent and gave him work.

I did not. I pointed and laughed and said "Wow, this kid is lame."

Someone in the above situation actually knows good acting, the other does not. One person is considered one of the best American directors of all time, the other is not considered at all, except by his cat and his girlfriend.

Marty Scorsese: 2,789,456

Me: 0

Rodent: 0

We suck at this game.

This is what I'm saying. You know what I mean?!

That might be overstating it a little. I mean, let's give her credit: her expressions can range all the way from "biting my lip to indicate nervousness" to "biting my lip to indicate anxiety."

Kristen Stewart, you girl and guys are giving to her lol!

Hardly one of the worst of all time. She was excellent in High Art, rather different in Rogue, did well in Melinda & Melinda.

I see my choices have made some good conversation again.

I have a knack for doing that.

And yes, Di Caprio is a bad actor as far as I'm concerned.
Put it this way, if you put Di Caprio in a film with Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Winona Ryder, Julia Roberts and Radha Mitchell... would it win any fans? Or awards? Or audience in general?

EDIT: I will say that Di Caprio was decent in Gilbert Grape and This Boy's Life. He was ok as a child actor, but since then he's just another over paid pretty boy for me. Like the dude in Twilight.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I think Madonna takes the cake. She cannot portray anything other than her self, and sometimes I don't even believe that..

I thought of DiCaprio as a talentless pretty boy...then I saw him in Catch Me If You Can. And The Aviator. And The Departed. And, like Justin Timberlake, I was kind of forced to become a fan through the sheer strength of his performances.

He's not as versatile as the roles he likes to choose would suggest (I think it's kind of silly that he's trying to play Howard Hughes, J. Edgar, etc.), but he can be pretty fantastic in the right one. IMO, at least.