Rodent Repeats... A Top 50 List

→ in
Tools    

Legend in my own mind
Good thread. Would read again, and probably will when rodent re orders his list and posts a new thread.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Good night, guys. See ya later.

"Goodbye, Jenny Hayden."

Top films countdowns are so far one of my favourite features on this forum. I already binge read couple of them.

Nice thread btw.

Fell asleep early last night and missed a lot.

Like all of these:

Jurassic Park
Jurassic World
Invasion of the Bodysnatchers
Ghostbusters
Hateful Eight
Gremlins
The ‘Burbs
Se7en
Jaws

The rest I either don't like, haven't seen or don't remember well enough to have an opinion of.

I do love that this thread morphed into discussion about sexuality though and Freeling's statement about Sexy's Jake obsession not seeming straight cracked me up.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Loved Warrior, Lawless, Independence Day, Total Recall and Starship Troopers.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

This might just do nobody any good.
Love No Country. Sort of a great representation of the decade it was made in; cold, disenchanted and retrospective.

I used to try and watch ID4 all the time when I was a kid but always fell asleep when the aliens flew over NYC. I feel bad for President Pullman. He can't seem to not f**k things up.

I really liked The Force Awakens. Its proximity to the original didn't bother me as much. At all, actually. The one moment that makes me roll my eyes is Maz' "good question for another time" line. Ew.

Jurassic Park is a childhood favorite of mine but, like ID4, I always fell asleep after the T-Rex knocked the jeep off the ledge. The rest of the movie always fell like an entirely different one after that.

The Martian is a very fun movie. It really all comes together; the breezy, smart script, Damon's movie star performance and Scott's visual direction.

I've been ruminating H8 for a few days now. I think it shot up to my top three of 2015, which was a great cinematic year. It's a movie that'll only grow more bitter with time.

Moon, The Grey and Dredd were great surprises for me. Se7en is another great example of cinematic nihilism. The Shining is the Citizen Kane of horror movies. The Fly goes back to when I was four and it f***ed me up. That's probably my earliest memory of watching a movie: Jeff Goldblum breaking a dude's arm. The Thing is awesome. Great study in suspense.

Nice list, Rodent! Though our personal tastes go very separate ways most of what I've watched here was quite enjoyable.

I just posted Welcome To The Dollhouse recently which you like i believe SC, we should try to turn that into the new hot movie here that people can't stop talking about.

Solondz is his worst critic, poor guy:

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
List Repeats... A Top 50 Rodent
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Might as well get the first couple out the way... remember, Generic Background Noise, DVD player set on repeat
This is interesting. I've always wondered if anyone else out there played their movies like that. I figured so, but I never thought I'd know any of them. The first movie I ever wore out, playing it all the time, was The Burbs. That was a VHS, though, and you have to rewind them. I bought a machine for that. I'm not too sure you can ruin a DVD playing it all the time. I haven't yet, anyways.

So, I really liked your list a lot, and I own a good 90% of them. I'm too lazy to name them all, but I will say, even though I have a copy of Aliens 3, there is no such movie. It does not exist.

I have your entire top ten list, expect for The Cabin in the Woods.

Again, great list.

This is interesting. I've always wondered if anyone else out there played their movies like that. I figured so, but I never thought I'd know any of them. The first movie I ever wore out, playing it all the time, was The Burbs. That was a VHS, though, and you have to rewind them. I bought a machine for that. I'm not too sure you can ruin a DVD playing it all the time. I haven't yet, anyways.

So, I really liked your list a lot, and I own a good 90% of them. I'm too lazy to name them all, but I will say, even though I have a copy of Aliens 3, there is no such movie. It does not exist.

I have your entire top ten list, expect for The Cabin in the Woods.

Again, great list.

That's what I like about DVD players, the fact they repeat if they sit on the main menu for 30 seconds
Though you don't own it, have you ever seen Cabin In The Woods, Desi?
Oh, and, The 'Burbs... guess what I'm watching right now lol!

That's what I like about DVD players, the fact they repeat if they sit on the main menu for 30 seconds
Lemme guess....

The 'Burbs?

Nope. I've never seen that movie. I'm looking it up right now . . . I recognize Jesse, from Grey's Anatomy. That's my brother's name. I dunno about that movie. It's really hard to figure out what's going on. It seems a bit odd. In a big bit kind of way. That's probably one of those movies I'd want to view for free first. Not that I want it to be illegal, but I always buy my movies, whether I've seen them or not. I do NOT rent. I'm not too sure I'd like it. You seem to really love it, though.

The Money Pit. I'm sure.