Best Actor Oscar 2014

Tools    

Which performance will be named Best Actor?
8.33%
3 votes
CHRISTIAN BALE, American Hustle
11.11%
4 votes
BRUCE DERN, Nebraska
27.78%
10 votes
LEONARDO DiCAPRIO, The Wolf of Wall Street
13.89%
5 votes
CHIWETEL EJOFOR, 12 Years A Slave
38.89%
14 votes
MATTHEW McCONAUGHEY, Dallas Buyers Club
36 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You better not watch Oscar-winning atheist Burt Lancaster in Elmer Gantry then. You might have a heart attack or a cow.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Ima t the point where I am happy about someone getting nominated. They never pick the winners right, but they usually do pick fairly good nominees.

You better not watch Oscar-winning atheist Burt Lancaster in Elmer Gantry then. You might have a heart attack or a cow.
Me or Yoda?

It was a great speech, and it strikes me as intellectually combative in the extreme to dislike it because he mentioned God.
don't get me wrong, i liked the speech, and if he believes in god then there's no reason he shouldn't be able to mention it in his speech. it's mostly because his character in true detective, among other things that he's done recently to improve his image in my mind, gave me hope that he might at least be an agnostic or something. it really wasn't that big of a deal, though.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Anybody bothered by the mention of God. I know that Yoda has already seen it, although I think he and everybody should see it repeatedly. And no, I'm not proselytizing for anything but the movie.

I watched all the Oscar speeches today and I thought Matthew's was the best. It was a very classy, tasteful, inspiring and heartfelt speech. I didn't know people actually got irritated by the mention of the word "God" nowadays...

I hope DiCaprio will keep doing quality projects now, like he's been doing for the last couple of years, as he still needs to win that Oscar now. HE WILL BE BACK! Mark my words.

as an atheist, i lost some of my newfound respect for mcconaughey when he started going on about god, but i still think he's great, and the rest of that speech was actually pretty good.

Here is the statement that crawls under my skin and burns me during acceptance speeches, usually in the sports relam, "Without God none of this would be possible/I wouldn't be up here" How I hear it: "God must not like the other nominees/team because they didn't win"

If there is a God, not a person on earth can convince me either way, he doesn't give a rat's ass about you winning an award/game, I promise.

But McConaughey was a worthy winner and I was glad he won. He has been putting out great work lately and Interstellar should keep up his hot streak. Leo is starting to run out of time, I hope he some how gets his statue soon.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Didn't DiCaprio say he was going to take a break from acting? Which means he won't be getting his Oscar anytime soon.

Here is the statement that crawls under my skin and burns me during acceptance speeches, usually in the sports relam, "Without God none of this would be possible/I wouldn't be up here" How I hear it: "God must not like the other nominees/team because they didn't win"
This may be how you hear it, but it's not how people mean it. It's not "God loves me more than them," it's an acknowledgement that everything comes from God. It's an expression of gratitude, not superiority, which is why McConaughey starts talking about gratitude immediately after.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Didn't DiCaprio say he was going to take a break from acting? Which means he won't be getting his Oscar anytime soon.
I really hope not.

He said that a few months ago. I think his vacation is over already. He's probably looking for a new project at the moment.

What people need to realize about DiCaprio isn't going to be getting an Oscar by playing the safe roles he does. Most of the previous winners took a risk to get it, one which it seems like DiCaprio isn't willing to take. He'll still be in movies everyone likes, he won't be getting that Oscar for doing them.