The Secret Life of cinemaafficionado

Tools    

Bizarre insults are the best, because they don't even hurt your feelings. My friend Adam once called somebody a "c**kslinging soothsayer." And then he immediately laughed because he had no idea what he even meant by it.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Bizarre insults are the best, because they don't even hurt your feelings. My friend Adam once called somebody a "c**kslinging soothsayer." And then he immediately laughed because he had no idea what he even meant by it.
I'd pay good money (at least seven quid) to be called a c**kslinging soothsayer.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It's a mix between a fortune-teller and gunslinger who uses penises instead of guns.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I feel like not enough people have expressed appreciation for how awesome it is that he called me a "clown in bum." What is that? I've read it dozens of times and I can't figure it out.
I think I figured it out thanks to this thread someone just posted in the Movie Questions forum:

Decide to break up with the teacher but she tells him to put a clown nose and lipstick while having sex with him to humiliate him.When curled up with her grandmother she wakes up to find her dead.Sad movie ,lots of nudity and weird and can't find the name

I just assumed he was mangling idiomatic English. Bum-who-knows-where? is presumably right next door to Bumfu*k, Pennsylvania. A town so lame that only Yoda and all his gay lovers (all of us who are jealous of c.a.'s popularity with the ladies) would live there. It saddens me to see him go, now we'll have nobody with sweet M.M.A. skills to protect us when the minorities take over America and legalize bestiality.

Awwww don't ban him I was looking forward to more entertainment every couple of weeks.

I vote he gets unbanned.
Seconded.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Needless to say, I've deleted the last few posts.

I'm sure this thread will be closed before long, but for the moment you can all decide for yourselves if you want to post in it or not.

And I'd like to issue a blanket reminder about personal insults. I know it's a fine line between blunt and insulting, but a good rule of thumb is that if the bluntness isn't at least part of an actual substantive point, it's probably not a good idea to post.

Not that anyones asking me, but I say delete the thread. Only purpose it could serve now is trouble. I cant believe its still here really.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I can't see any good reason for closing it.

How is it that as much as I am on here I always miss reading the posts before they are deleted?

This thread seems better to you than sex I suppose.
What???? LOL
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

This thread seems better to you than sex I suppose.

I've been meaning to ask you this since the day I started reading your posts: are you a regular user of Methamphetamine? Nothing personal.

Damn I go to France for two weeks and miss all this...damn

I guess this would be a good time to paste my private convos with this looney

But seriously, I went to France. I don't need to prove it. Vincent Cassel and I double-teamed a Geisha. Er, yeah. In chinatown in Toulouse. ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR§§§§