If you could see a classic movie In the ‬theater

Tools    

Taxi Driver, all alone in the theater. I mean, literally, not another living soul. The experience would be otherworldly.

Any David Lynch film, Psycho (without knowing anything about the film), Taxi Driver, The Godfather, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and there are a load of others too that I always say to myself when I watch them 'I wish I could have seen this on the big screen' but I can't think of right now.

Also Seven Samurai and .

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
that is going to be a hell of a sit. Hope for a few intermissions or bring a bottle to pee in.
Well, I watched it with only one intermission, so I believe only two or so would be needed and I'm pretty sure there's at least one in the movie. Can't remember, though. I don't need pillow, BTW, because it's one of the least boring films I've ever seen.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Taxi Driver, all alone in the theater. I mean, literally, not another living soul. The experience would be otherwordly.
Without a doubt in my mind, I need to watch Taxi Driver in a movie theater at least once before I die. I really wish there was a theater near where I live, that showed classic films like that.

Some more films I would love to see in a theater:
Unforgiven-amazing western that would look beautiful in a theater. Would make a terrific movie-going experience.

On The Waterfont-Film classic, and one that would be gorgeous on movie screens.

Blade Runner-Such a visual feast and my favorite film. Watching this movie in a theater would be an otherworldly experience without a doubt.

Drive-I love this movie.

I'm not sure if going to the movies to see a classic film would really be all that exciting. I mean, I'm sure it can be, but it would have to be, like... extremely perfect in every way, including how you spent the night beforehand, what the weather is like, what the town is like, what kind of theater it is, etc.

The ultimate would be to time travel back to the year the movie came out and see it there, but obviously, that's not possible. To me, something like that really matters. If I wanted to see a '70s movie, I would want '70s people there. And not, like, horrific '70s impersonators trying to make it feel like the '70s for me.

That's why I say treasure what you see now at the movies. I can look back at many '90s movies (and even a couple of '80s) that I remember seeing at the theater and I can remember the theater experience.

Last time I went to the movies, everyone was sitting down with phones and iPods in their hands, browsing the internet. It felt really weird.

How could I forget The Exorcist. Watching it at the time it was released must have been so crazy but awesome, those who went in to the cinema not exactly sure what to expect must have had a hell of an experience!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Seeing Goodbye Dragon Inn in the theatre would be otherworldly. I mean, it's a movie about people sitting in the cinema, watching a movie, and then I would sit in the cinema watching a movie as well. Watching a movie, in which people watch a movie? That's wicked!

Finished here. It's been fun.

Imagine watching this masterpiece in a theater. Wow, it would be insane. Hearing that beautiful Ennio Morricone score hit would be chill-inducing.

LOTR Trilogy.

I saw The Two Towers but didn't catch the first and third films for some reason. I think money was an issue. Wish I'd have gone to see them.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
"If you could see a Classic movie In the theater"

I missed a chance actually to see The Third Man projected large while I was in LA this past summer, I'm still kicking myself over it...

One of the local cinemas here are doing a classic movie a week. My daughter wants to see "Fight Club" there. They are showing the oldies and the not so oldies but still great films.

This Sunday they are showing "To Kill A Mocking Bird" (1962). Since I try to go every Sunday, I wont be seeing this but a new release film.

^Your local cinema is epic.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I know it's been said before, but...

JAWS

Some film classics that I would love to see in an actual theater:

A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE

A PLACE IN THE SUN

DR. STRANGELOVE

SWEET CHARITY

THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON'T THEY?

WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?

SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS

A STAR IS BORN (1954)