What are your favorite films with an irish theme.

Tools    

HERE ARE MY TOP 15

I KNOW THERE ARE SOME GREAT ONES I HAVE YET TO SEE THAT IS WHY THEY ARE NOT ON THE LIST.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Would Snatch be considered as an Irish film? I know its not but Mickey (Brad Pitt) is awesome in it

If not, Bondock Saints.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Long Good Friday (1979) obviously.

Would Snatch be considered as an Irish film? I know its not but Mickey (Brad Pitt) is awesome in it

If not, Bondock Saints.
It is not so much Irish movies, as those with Irish themes. And Mickey's "pikeys" were technically Irish gypsies, so I guess it counts.

-The Departed
-State of Grace
-The Long Good Friday
-The General(1998)
-Gangs of New York
-In the Name of the Father
-Michael Collins
-Kill the Irishman
-The Public Enemy
-Angels With Dirty Faces
-Five Minutes of Heaven
-The Crying Game

The Boondock Saints.. A bit violent, but good.

Kill The Irishman

Not Enough Time
The Departed is more Irish American. Still a great movie.
If Boondock Saints counts, The Departed does also. They're both set in BOSTON USA.

Also, I can't remember if they're Irish but I think they are, can't remember the movie, the family lives in a low income apartment upstairs, father is an alcoholic (of course), at least two brothers, one paints in the basement in secret from his family (he wants to be an artist), at the end they go to a theater where the one works for some criminal guy who runs the theater and they rob him, or at least hurt him, I think the one brother gets beat up really bad maybe to death so the other one can get away and rob them, a riot breaks out or something.... it's set sometime between I'd say the 50's and the 70's, and three quarters through the movie the painters mother goes downstairs and discovers what he does down there.
anyone? i'll post this under movie questions also.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
It is not so much Irish movies, as those with Irish themes. And Mickey's "pikeys" were technically Irish gypsies, so I guess it counts.
Great film fairplay! Im over due a rewatch of this soon

If Boondock Saints counts, The Departed does also. They're both set in BOSTON USA.

Also, I can't remember if they're Irish but I think they are, can't remember the movie, the family lives in a low income apartment upstairs, father is an alcoholic (of course), at least two brothers, one paints in the basement in secret from his family (he wants to be an artist), at the end they go to a theater where the one works for some criminal guy who runs the theater and they rob him, or at least hurt him, I think the one brother gets beat up really bad maybe to death so the other one can get away and rob them, a riot breaks out or something.... it's set sometime between I'd say the 50's and the 70's, and three quarters through the movie the painters mother goes downstairs and discovers what he does down there.
anyone? i'll post this under movie questions also.
But the McManus Brothers were Irish immigrants, the guys in the Departed were like 3rd or 4th generation Irish Americans.

No clue about the other movie

If Snatch counts then my favs would be Snatch and In the name of the father.

The Departed and The Town. Both very good films. Boondock Saints for me was simply decent.