Greatest Movie Trailer Troll

Tools    

I have always waited for a movie that advertised itself as some kind of movie and then you went to see it and it was just a giant troll and the movie was completely different.

Supposedly we got that with Cabin in the Woods ( I didn't see it) and kind of with The Grey... but. I am talking BIG TROLL

Know of any?

Inglourious Basterds. I know a lot of people went in to see that movie expecting a WWII action movie staring Brad Pitt. Not quite what the trailers promised.

I saw Troll Hunters on Netflix but never saw the marketing. How was it a con?

Also, Inglorious Basterds is a great example.

It's completely different in tone and feel to how it was advertised.
It's done with 'Blair Witch' handheld mockumentary style shooting. The ads never said anything about it being done that way.
It's also in Norwegian. The adverts never said it was a foreign language film either.

Loved Troll Hunter, Dead Snow and very much looking forward to Iron Sky.

Inglourious Basterds. I know a lot of people went in to see that movie expecting a WWII action movie staring Brad Pitt. Not quite what the trailers promised.
Thumbs up there. Terrible Terrible film.

Thumbs up there. Terrible Terrible film.
I'm going to assume that a joke...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
"Hancock" is a good example.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I just watched Take Shelter and that made me think of the movie Bug (2006) and the amazing looking (to me) trailer, it looked like it was going to be an intense fast paced thriller/horror and it was none of that.

Well I don't know if this fits right here but I think the Black Swan trailer was not so bloody bloody as when I went to see the movie. God! I was expecting a good movie about ballet dancers: I came out of that theater SICK.

I think Inglorious Basterds is probably the best example. It was definitely marketed as a WWII super-action movie.

I have always waited for a movie that advertised itself as some kind of movie and then you went to see it and it was just a giant troll and the movie was completely different.

Supposedly we got that with Cabin in the Woods ( I didn't see it) and kind of with The Grey... but. I am talking BIG TROLL

Know of any?

Hey This is an amazing thread and I really enjoyed it...Also Thanks for sharing it with us and I like to get this Trailer so much....

Watch Two And A Half Men Online for free with all episodes and seasons.