The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

Yeah, that happens sometimes when someone tries to manually copy and paste from a post, and accidently copies more than the text.

Without getting too technical, that loading image is actually present at all times; it's just invisible, and made visible temporarily when needed. So when you copy that area of the post, you can accidently copy the image itself, even if you can't see it. That's what happened here; it's basically just like putting any other image in your post.

Anyway, I've edited the post in question to remove the image. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hey Yoda! People have said that these videos don't work today, but they all worked for me. Anything to it?

Check both here.

Here's mine.

All three work for me. The tags haven't been changed recently or anything. Mind me asking who they didn't work for so I can interroga...er...question them about it? I notice TUS; anyone else?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Not really an upgrade thing, but thought i'd stick this here.

My office puter, running NOD32 antivirus, just claimed mofo tried to give me the following worm: "VBS/Nobleman.A worm"

I was moving from Mark F's official review of The Informant! to his inital tab entry at the time (http://www.movieforums.com/community...d.php?p=570045). Dunno if that's connected.

Anyone else had a visit from Nobleman A. Worm?

Nothing on my end, but I'd like to hear from some others. My best guess is that it could have something to do with one of the remotely-linked images. Does the alert give you any more details, like the address involved? If we can pinpoint it I can remove the image (assuming that's what it is, which I'm skeptical of, but it's all that comes to mind right away).

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm pretty sure that it would be a linked-image because my own AV (Kaspersky) gave me a jolt a while back in my very own review thread. An image was the problem.

there's a frog in my snake oil
All it's giving me is the address for that post, with this at the end:

>>GZ >>file.htm

No idea if that helps. Doesn't seem to have happened again on returning to that page (or viewing it previously). Probably a false pos.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive tried to post a new thread about Eminem's 3d horror movie coming out, but it took a while to get one third loaded then it crashed, any ideas? it happened when I tried to add a thread in the games section, the "Is it in your dvd collection" thread it happened again as the eminem movie thread, but when I came online the next day it was posted. Is it a fault my end do you think?

The whole site has been acting weird to me in general. I tried posting in the DVD collection thread a few times, but stopped cause I was afraid of re-posting. Also, everything on the main page that I view is old posts, its not updating new postings.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

This all happened to me a few weeks ago. It was very late at night, so I was alone. It wouldn't let me make a new thread to save my life, and it would take me to the next to the last page on the Obama thread. It wouldn't let me go to the last page/newest post, until another post was made. Then, for some reason, it let me see it. It did this again yesterday. I almost posted in the thread myself, just so it would let me see the final page. I'm not sure what's up.

The past week Mofo has been givin me problems as well. When I go to log on I get this...

Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.movieforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.movieforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Posts sometime take like 5-10 minutes to load or that page just shows up instead.

Oh and posting.. posts lately take a while to submit or preview. I'm afraid sometimes I'll lose what I write or put up. The last post i put up took so long to submit that I got up to get a drink, got the mail, watched tv for a second, went on a couple of sites and the post was still in the process of submitting. Finally it went through.

IDK if the server for MoFo is having problems or something is being worked on but, this started to happen to me just this past week along with the database error. Although the database error problem hasn't occured since this past weekend.

There's probably not an rhyme or reason to things taking awhile. I will say that it's always wise to copy long posts to the clipboard. I do it constantly, just in case, since it always takes a second.

That said, if the site is loading okay, but taking a long time to post, it must just be hanging. I'll often hit the stop button and submit again, instead, and I find that helps quite a bit.

I got the database error last night (and a few other times the last couple days, mostly later in the night). It's been kinda slow here and there since last weekend, but running pretty fast for me right now.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

but running pretty fast for me right now.
When you posted that, I had just received the "Page Not Found", while PMing Angel. I was able to get it back by going back one page, and it worked fine after that. Around 3:30 this morning, I couldn't get back on. It would slowly load and get stuck on a white page. By around 5:30, it was the "Database Error", so I gave up, and went to bed.

It doesn't seem to happen to everyone at the same time. Some twit left SPAM around 3:55 this morning. Dear twit . . . I've since deleted you . . . and your SPAM.

Anyway, I truly believe it's the web server, and the traffic has been up a lot here lately. That will cause it. When I win the lottery (A really big lottery!), I'll buy you one with jet speed.

Yeah, there are regular database errors at night, but it's in the middle of the night. I'm 99% sure that there's some sort of server backup/reboot routine, deliberately run in the middle of the night to disturb as few people as possible. But if you happen to be on at around 4:00 AM, you might hit it. Usually only lasts a few minutes, though.

Yeah, there are regular database errors at night, but it's in the middle of the night. I'm 99% sure that there's some sort of server backup/reboot routine, deliberately run in the middle of the night to disturb as few people as possible. But if you happen to be on at around 4:00 AM, you might hit it. Usually only lasts a few minutes, though.
I've gotten database errors in the middle of the afternoon and in the evening mostly.

They can happen at any point, certainly, but they should be rare (I basically never get them during the day unless there's something specifically wrong). I'm pointing out that the ones in the middle of the night are deliberate and part of the server's normal functions.