What's your favorite John Hughes film?

Tools    

What's your Favorite John Hughes (written by) Film?
3.90%
3 votes
Mr. Mom
3.90%
3 votes
Vacation (including European & Christmas Vacation(S))
7.79%
6 votes
Sixteen Candles
25.97%
20 votes
The Breakfast Club
3.90%
3 votes
Weird Science
2.60%
2 votes
Pretty in Pink
27.27%
21 votes
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
14.29%
11 votes
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
5.19%
4 votes
Uncle Buck
5.19%
4 votes
Home Alone
77 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am half agony, half hope.
The problem is that all the movies are good. We were pressured to pick just one! We really do need to rank them in order of most favorite to least.

Johann von Goethe

I thought Planes, Trains & Automobiles would do better, but I think it's turning out to be a lot of voter's second choice, when forced to choose. I also figured all the adults, meaning anyone who was already over the age of twenty-five or so when John Hughes movies started showing up in the cineplex, would gravitate towards PT&A, since it's the one that doesn't feature kids in the plot.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am half agony, half hope.
The Great Outdoors is a less than stellar John Hughes film, but our family really enjoys it. I love when Chet gets buzzed by the bat...

My husband has the, "I ate a '96er" t-shirt. We've met a couple of people that recognize what movie it's from.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I jumped over here at Holden's suggestion (from the RIP thread), and it was very hard to vote for a favorite. I went with Ferris Bueller, but really, The Breakfast Club is so fantastic. And I have a soft spot for Mr. Mom.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
When I voted almost a year ago, I voted for Sixteen Candles and still would. To varying degrees I enjoy all the movies in the poll. I am definitely do for a re-watch on a lot of these.

WHen I heard of his death today the first thing that came to mind was Breakfast Club and how much I have enjoyed it over the years. Uncle Buck reminds me both of John Candy and John Hughs and how much a part of my younger years these two were. RIP guys.

The Breakfast Club

It's been one of my favorite movies for as long as I can recall. And everytime I come across it on TV, I have to watch it.

And John Bender is the man. Loved Judd Nelson.

Bueller.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I started a thread earlier asking the same question. I'm gonna have to get used to searching before making threads.

Anyways, The Breakfast Club is my choice! Followed closely by Ferris Bueller. John Hughes rules!

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
My favorite John Hughes film wasn't listed in the voting options. I've always had a soft spot for Curly Sue. I didn't see it in the theater, but I remember when my dad brought it home after renting it. That was before we had cable and relied on VHS rentals to meet TV needs.

It's sappy and sentimental but for whatever reasons it works. I think the film and the writing doesn't undermine the audience the way a sappy Spielberg film does. I think Spielberg movies are naive and say this is the way the world could be. I think John Hughes' film says this is the way the world should be, but can never be and doesn't try to say anything else. It lacks the falsehood of saying this could be reality, which is why Curly Sue is a wonderful fantasy of a film. I can drop my suspension of disbelief.

I adored the con artist aspect of it with a drifter gypsy of a man and his daughter. It very much resembles Paper Moon and is almost as endearing. The casting on all counts was perfect.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201