The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Thing is, I'll probably still end up buying it, although most likely in GOTY (as if) form in a year's time.

I'll probably regret it, but I'm still going to buy it as soon as it comes out.

I just never learn.

I have far too much to play right now. Was supposed to start Horizon today but got waylaid loading 120 PS2 games on to a hard drive - I managed to source an extremely rare SATA PS2 Network adapter.

Then I bought Nier Automata. Now that game looks rad.

I already have my deluxe copy paid off.

Cut to a week from now. Me:

Ha.

Deluxe? Yikes. I really hope we're wrong and all the footage we've seen turns out to actually be an elaborate hoax.

I haven't watched any of the new footage, just a few compilations and gifs about the animation. I am staying in blissful ignorance of everything else. Hearing that the voice acting is bad is more than a little disheartening though. These games have a ton of dialogue, so if the acting is truly horrible, that could ruin the experience.

Though to be fair, particularly when exploring the left dialogue options for extra information, I have a terrible habit of just getting the gist of what they're explaining and skipping through the dialogue. I do that in any game that lets you cut voiced lines short, actually. It got me into trouble in Skyrim because part of a quest wouldn't trigger since I cut the dialogue off short instead of letting it play through. Luckily some people on the internet had figured out a workaround to fix it. It was a hassle though, and I never learned my lesson haha.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Rocket League fans, Neo Tokyo is being pulled from rotation. I hated that map. So no loss to me!!!!

Suspect's Reviews

there's a frog in my snake oil
Rocket League fans, Neo Tokyo is being pulled from rotation. I hated that map. So no loss to me!!!!
Ach fair play. Looked great with the rain effects and that, but a total pain to play on. The side ramps felt more like an impediment to play than anything. Never saw anyone use them that creatively.

I barely started playing Titanfall 2 on ps4 and I'm loving it!! It's so good and just plain fun, personally, i think the graphics are pretty good as well

I barely started playing Titanfall 2 on ps4 and I'm loving it!! It's so good and just plain fun, personally, i think the graphics are pretty good as well
I recently finished that game, short but fun.

I keep getting my butt kicked in multiplayer though.

Have you tried the free-on-PS+-this-month Disc Jam? I've seen it described as Rocket League meets Windjammers.

Super fun game.

Have you tried the free-on-PS+-this-month Disc Jam? I've seen it described as Rocket League meets Windjammers.

Super fun game.

I saw that, but it had a poor star rating so I didn't bother. Worth a try?

I saw that, but it had a poor star rating so I didn't bother. Worth a try?
Totally. There's a bit of a learning curve and I found that playing Windjammers was more of a hindrance than a help as the timing is totally different, but when you master the basics it's a really good competitive game.

And it's free.

Totally. There's a bit of a learning curve and I found that playing Windjammers was more of a hindrance than a help as the timing is totally different, but when you master the basics it's a really good competitive game.

And it's free.
Alright alright, I'll give her a try.

I think I need your psn again. I remember you deleting me and then telling me to add you again, but I forgot.

Alright alright, I'll give her a try.

I think I need your psn again. I remember you deleting me and then telling me to add you again, but I forgot.
Yeah, that was in my bone-headed 'I'm never buying another console so why do I need a PSN list?' days.

PSN: greenspagbol

This is a tab so I'm going to tab in it...

It's still hurried, over-priced and EA-if-ied. But dammit, on the maps they lavished some art on, and where they got the flow right, Battlefront is still a badass bit of escapism. (At it's worst, it's now a hacker's paradise where the TTK means you're a walking red smear tho :/)

Some workmates just got into it and co-oping the good maps has been great. Even if we basically have to stick to the AT-AT mode and the first DLC to stack the odds in favour of a good time. (Everything else just falls off a quality cliff or hits you in the face with one)

Damn, I'd heard it was bad, but this is like a drunken puppet show...

Laugh track mod may help :/

Joking aside, while Andromeda's impending release did drive me to finally jump into the current generation, I have no regrets about picking up a One. Even if Andromeda is complete trash (the gameplay and scenery might make up for that somehow...maybe?), I still have Fallout 4, The Witcher, two Final Fantasy games, Mad Max (which I think will be just fine for the dirt cheap price I paid for it), and that Vikings game out at the end of the month to play as well. I haven't quite finished Sunset Overdrive either, and that's been quite a bit of dumb fun.