Do You Love Yourself?

Tools    

No. No I do not. With all my defects and f*ck-ups no one infuriates and exasperates me as much as I do.
Well, stop having them.

Do You Love Yourself?
Yes.

Are you happy with who you are? Are you proud of the way you look? We didn't choose to be who we are. Are you okay with what you got?
Yes.

Are you proud of yourself?
Not yet.

physically i have never looked more fitter---if you look at my photos in personal pictures thread recently posted .

instead of getting addicted to alcohol cigarettes etc i have tried to get addicted to seeing and reviewing movies by going to theatre and travelling to distant parts of india....and boy , these addictions are costlier than alcohol and cigarettes .

For all the bullsh*t I have to deal with, I think my favorite thing about myself is that generally, I'm very happy and optimistic. Whenever I remind myself of my schizophrenia and social anxiety, I quickly remember - you know what, at least I don't have depression. My friend has bipolar and mainly deals with the depression side of it, and it sucks seeing him go through heavy bouts of extreme sadness. I feel a lot for people with depression, I've come to understand just what that means as much as anyone without depression can. But I'm almost the opposite - too happy. And I mean that in a positive way.

This happiness is something that has arisen over the last few years. I used to be very uneasy about life, I remember a time when I was petrified of death. What I mean is, I've had my fair share of sadness just like anybody. But eventually my outlook became a positive one. I've become a very upbeat individual inside and with that, I've built emotional calluses from all the outward negativity. It takes a lot to bring me down now.

Of course, there's a lot of room for improvement. But one of the cool things about living life for most of us is, as long as you try, you're only going to progress as a person and get better. At least, I hope that's the case. I feel I'm a better person than I was a year ago, and a far better person than I was five years ago, and infinitely better than I was ten years ago. And I feel I'll just keep getting better and better.

I don't know if/when I'll be proud of myself as a person. I think I'm already proud of my good traits, but I don't think I've accomplished enough to be truly proud of my entire being. I'll be proud of myself the day I make an amazing piece of music, or get married, or have a child. But most of all, the day I reflect and realize my social anxiety is over and done with - that's probably the day I'll be proud of myself most of all.

Why be proud of yourself only when you get married and have a child? A lot of people do that -- and then get divorced.

Mostly because it would mean I overcame a lot to get to that point.

Such a deep topic! I do love myself, but I always think there's more room to improve myself. It is never good enough in my opinion

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
No, because I'm not a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot.

No, because I'm not a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot.
o_O It would be sexist and lying to love yourself?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You know what? I do. I'm not perfect, I'm a bit fatter than I'd like, I have a bad heart, anxiety, almost more grey hairs than brown ones at this point, and I can sometimes be negative. I've also survived a heart attack, an abusive relationship, a bad childhood, and more heart break than I can count, but I'm still funny, generous, kind, optimistic, and just a good person. I persevere. I never give up. So I do love who I've become through all my adversity. I am me, and that's all I need to be.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Do I love myself? Definitely not. Do I hate myself? No, I don't think so. There are things about myself that I like, and things I don't like. Actually plenty of things I don't like.

If it's never good enough, what makes you think you love yourself?
I am happy with who I am and how I am (towards others), but I just keep wanting to improve myself. I cannot explain it hahah. It keeps me busy...