Pets

Tools    

I got mine because a neighbor had four of them and wasn't taking care of them. I took all four, but gave two of them to a friend who loved birds and already had one of his own. If I'd been smart, I would've given him all four.

He's (she's?) adorable. How old is he (she?)? Is it normal for their nose and mouth to be that red?
Thanks we are not sure yet if it's a he or a she.... we have eight of these little cuties. Three from one cat and five from the other. They are only a few days old...

So I tried to get a group shot of all four rats today. It was pretty much a disaster. Lots of rat shaped blurs, closed eyes and rat butts/scrotums.

So here are the semi-workable shots I managed to scrape out of the 30 or so pics I took.

Felix climbing over Elsa and blocking my shot of Lolli.

Out of focus Ralphie, Lolli, Elsa.

Ralphie

The best part of the morning is waking up to this Fluff Face.

When I was a kid, I had a female parrot and it didn't like me. It was old and it just never liked kids. She would fly at me and attack me.
My stepgrandad had an evil tempered parrot. He was in the merchant navy so he must've got it from abroad somewhere as it did speak but not English. They only had a tiny house and this thing was on a perch by the kitchen door, it'd have a peck at you as you went by. I was terrified as a kid.

Cute kittens Nat
Nice to see the little rats coming on MV.
FF - aww! your dog is gorgeous!
Rodent - budgies are clever aren't they? did you see that one on the BBC programme Pets Wild At Heart?

Parakeets and Budgerigars are the same.

The name Budgerigar is from Boojery Gar.
Aboriginal Australian Boojery means Good, and Gar is the name for Parrot.

Other Aboriginal languages Betcherrygah means Good Food. But not the birds themselves being good food, they would lead Aboriginal people to food and water in dryspells in the desert.

Parakeet is just the 'mericky name.

Sadly, over the last couple of months I've had to euthanize both of my female rats, so now I have only the two young boys left.

Today we did a Halloween photo shoot, with my usual "spray and pray" method of getting usable shots. Here are the best of the bunch:

Wreck-It Ralph

Fix-It Felix, Jr.

Together

Sorry to hear about your female rats Miss Vicky, I love the names of your male rats though!

A friend of mine dropped by yesterday and brought me some new Halloween costumes for my cats. She said when she saw them she couldn't resist.

Tiny and Jasper are not amused.

Here are some fairly new ones of my dog. Sorry if the photos come out weird or too big, I'm on my phone.

Out for a swim

In for a nap

Out for a run

Out for a walk